Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

toaster

I did a double shampoo, condition and detangle today.

I got out of the shower with soaking wet hair with no product and applied the doux honey foam all over my hair at the sink. It took about 2 minutes as I didn’t really part or rake the product through my hair. I just squished it through until it was flat on my head and white with product.

The white dried down in about 5 minutes and I’ve been air drying ever since.

If I can get this to look decent for 2-3 days, I can bun for a day or 2 and wash my hair twice a week.

foam/mousse is such a fast drying product, and the doux actually has hold.

toaster

Going to wash tomorrow! Innersense hydrating cleanser only, since my Thursday wash was AG shampoo and innersense cleanser. Will condition, rinse and apply the doux foam.

Going to try and detangle with a wide tooth comb instead of the brush to see if that takes less time.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Has anyone achieved wash hour? Is it possible to go from shampoo to styled and dry in one hour. I'm thinking 20 minutes wash, condition and detangle, 20 minutes styling and 20 minutes dry time. It may not be fully dry but at least 50% dry.

I think I will try this once I start wash n going again. I was thinking of washing 2-3x a week and my current wash day takes so long. I don't think I can do a full wash day routine several times a week.

toaster

Has anyone achieved wash hour? Is it possible to go from shampoo to styled and dry in one hour. I'm thinking 20 minutes wash, condition and detangle, 20 minutes styling and 20 minutes dry time. It may not be fully dry but at least 50% dry.

I think I will try this once I start wash n going again. I was thinking of washing 2-3x a week and my current wash day takes so long. I don't think I can do a full wash day routine several times a week.
When I detangled with a wide tooth comb yesterday and only did one cleanse, my hair was cleansed, conditioned and styled in 50 minutes. Using foam, it was still wet within the hour, but it wasn’t white and I could have left the house like that. Or I could have diffused dry for 10 minutes.

oneastrocurlie

Yes. Under pressure I got it done (went to the pool and then needed to be somewhere). Wasn't fully dry and used a diffuser. Think I used UFD and a mousse combo that day. My typical process is currently only about and hour and half and 30 minutes of that is being under the dryer.

This was cute! I think if you use a locsoc or something that allows your hair to hang down instead of smooshed in a bonnet you might not even need the blow dryer.

I have a DIY locsoc. I think because my hair it shorter is still has that smooshed look whether it's that or the bonnet. I like my DIY locsoc more because it looks better to wear when I walk my dog in the morning lol.

Yes, this is something I have to do with my hair at times. Adding a little temp to the roots helps me to put it back in place. It is similar to using steam in the shower.

I'm going to try it. For research.

GettingKinky

My standard wash day is an hour. It takes me ~20 minutes to wash 2x, condition and detangle
~15 minutes to apply my stylers
~10 minutes to diffuse. My hair isn’t fully dry, but dry enough

I can be ready to leave the house 1 hour after I jump in the shower.
When I’m being slow or my hair is extra tangled the whole process is maybe 1:15.

LavenderMint

I think it can be done but it depends greatly on several factors. Detangling takes up the bulk of my washday time & I haven’t found a way to do it efficiently, gently AND thoroughly. I think my quickest time from wet to dry has been 1hr 45min.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
OK So I'm back to wash and go life even though its not really warm yet. It's warm enough to diffuse and airdry which is what I'll be doing. I've done 2 wash n goes since removing my braids. One was with Intrakera Leave in and Salon Line Curl activator. The curl activator works well on my wigs but not so much on my natural hair. Although I raked and smoothed my hair since I was in a rush which left me with very weird looking curls. I am going to give up on raking and smoothing. Its the fastest defining method but it makes my hair look weird. I need a Denman brush or shingling to define my curls If I want it to dry nicely. Ironically I went natural because I wanted the option to rake and smooth and get nice curls and my hair always comes out bad when I rake and smooth. I used the Intrakera leave in hoping it would help define my curls but it doesn't work well in my natural hair. It might work better on my keratin treated hair. Here is a pic. Its not completely dry because I hated the way it looked so much I put it into a bun.
Intrakera_and_Salon_Line_CA_dry_50.jpg

Then today I used another product combo. I used Authentic Beauty Concept Amplify Conditioner and Ion Volumizing Shine Enhancing Mousse. I'm not sure the mousse did anything special but the ABC Amplify definitely did the heavy lifting with this combo. It has a gel like consistency for a conditioner and it made my curls pop like crazy. I used a Denman brush to style this time and my hair looks way better. This combo also dried very quickly. I was able to diffuse for 10 minutes and my hair was mostly dry. It was also very shiny as well.

ABC_Amplify_and_Ion_Volume_Mousse_50.jpg

My next goal is to achieve wash hour. I don't know if its possible since I like to DC my hair with heat. I will have to figure something out.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp when you rake and smooth which do you do first the raking or the smoothing? I find my hair turns out better if I smooth first then rake.
I rake then smooth. I hate the results every time I try it though. I don't know if its because I don't have much length on the sides but it leaves my hair looking crazy when it dried. I'm not crazy about brushing a Denman though my hair every wash day because I prefer finger detangling and styling. I might try again with the ABC conditioner and see if that helps. I noticed that my hair prefers products will gel like consistencies compared to creams.

GettingKinky

I rake then smooth. I hate the results every time I try it though. I don't know if its because I don't have much length on the sides but it leaves my hair looking crazy when it dried. I'm not crazy about brushing a Denman though my hair every wash day because I prefer finger detangling and styling. I might try again with the ABC conditioner and see if that helps. I noticed that my hair prefers products will gel like consistencies compared to creams.
Try smoothing then raking. The raking helps separate the curls.

toaster

50 minute quick wash and go this morning. Innersense hydrating cleanser,
Briogeo conditioner to detangle, applied… 40 pumps of UFD and just smoothed through, no raking. Got out of the shower. Applied a ton of the doux mousse (still using the honey version but I see no difference from the regular).

Air drying and will see how this looks/lasts.