Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I had my best WNG with UFD and Jello Shot! I will never use anything else. My hair maintained so much more moisture! As my hair started to dry out, my curls stayed defined. All I had to do was fluff my hair. Don’t mind the frizz in the crown area. My hair was not dry when I finally went to bed.
Thank you ladies for posting about this combo! I now have a combo that gives me 7-day curls!
My pictures won’t attach. I will try again later.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I had my best WNG with UFD and Jello Shot! I will never use anything else. My hair maintained so much more moisture! As my hair started to dry out, my curls stayed defined. All I had to do was fluff my hair. Don’t mind the frizz in the crown area. My hair was not dry when I finally went to bed.
Thank you ladies for posting about this combo! I now have a combo that gives me 7-day curls!
Im glad you found something that works!

LavenderMint

Woooooo my goodness it’s been a while! I didn’t realize it had been so long. Everyone’s hair is looking so good!
Congratulations, @toaster!!

I think it was @faithVA talking about using the Trepadora Bamboo Glaze? I’m in Md & it always holds up for me now that it’s heated up some & become more humid. I think it may be the only gel combo (UFD & BG) I’ve used that doesn’t get mushy on me these days.

I really want a nice shape/trim. There’s a salon around the corner from me that says they do wash & go/curly cuts but I’m not sure if I should chance it, they have no representation of diverse curl patterns on their site and they don’t seem to do consultations. My other option is to go back to the first salon I went to, even though I left there looking like a dandelion fluff. Maybe since my hair is more hydrated- and I know that ICV is NOT my friend as well as speaking up about what I do & don’t want- it will behave differently…

GettingKinky

I washed my hair yesterday for the first time after my cut from my new stylist. When she did my hair I wasn’t sure if I liked the cut, but now that I’ve styled it, I like it a lot.
I really need to get her to offer a dry cut only service. I’m going back to her on Tuesday so she can polish up my current cut (I had to leave before my hair was fully dry) and I will ask her about it then.

faithVA

I washed my hair yesterday for the first time after my cut from my new stylist. When she did my hair I wasn’t sure if I liked the cut, but now that I’ve styled it, I like it a lot.
I really need to get her to offer a dry cut only service. I’m going back to her on Tuesday so she can polish up my current cut (I had to leave before my hair was fully dry) and I will ask her about it then.
:pop: Yep, waiting for those pics :yep:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
a salon I follow because of how they color offer curly cuts as well with a washgno. Its $250. Not including the color. I guess thats the going prices everywhere now.
I don’t know why these curly cuts are so expensive. I would like to be able to get one but I can’t even find someone to do it. I follow a salon on instagram that is in my area but you have to go through hoops just for an appointment. Hopefully in the next few years a curly cut won’t be so much of a big ticket item once curly cuts become more mainstream

LavenderMint

I think I’m going to just grit my teeth & schedule a cut for either this or next month. Last nights set is looking good.

I clarified, conditioned & detangled with two brushes. It seems like a lot but finger detangling is not an every wash kind of thing for me if I want a good result.
UFD on dripping hair in the shower got me a small lather (I never noticed that before you ladies mentioned it); dried for 15 min under a cool dryer in 4 giant twists and then went back in with Trepadora Bamboo Ginseng gel. We have an event tomorrow & that’s the only gel I can count on to not get gummy in our humidity/rain.
My hair was completely dry within 30-40 minutes under my hooded dryer.

faithVA

I think I’m going to just grit my teeth & schedule a cut for either this or next month. Last nights set is looking good.

I clarified, conditioned & detangled with two brushes. It seems like a lot but finger detangling is not an every wash kind of thing for me if I want a good result.
UFD on dripping hair in the shower got me a small lather (I never noticed that before you ladies mentioned it); dried for 15 min under a cool dryer in 4 giant twists and then went back in with Trepadora Bamboo Ginseng gel. We have an event tomorrow & that’s the only gel I can count on to not get gummy in our humidity/rain.
What is the benefit of twisting your hair while drying and applying the Trepadora?

Napp

Ms. Nobody

What kind of dryer do you have!

bubbles12345

I did a big chop months ago to start my wash and go journey on a fresh new head hair since my journey on longer but damaged hair was going great, but my hair was so thin from hair loss.

Well let me say, my hair does not coil at all until it gets a certain length. My hair is considerably longer now than when I cut it, but my coils are not forming doing the exact techniques as before.

So i just accepted that my hair needs a lot of length to coil with gel. I’m just rocking a fuzzy fro in the meantime.

How long do you think hair needs to be to start coiling up properly? I think I might be the same way. Even these hair stylists can't get my coils defined. I've seen 3 so far and have been washing and going for over a year now. Smh

fluffyforever

How long do you think hair needs to be to start coiling up properly? I think I might be the same way. Even these hair stylists can't get my coils defined. I've seen 3 so far and have been washing and going for over a year now. Smh
Here are some hair pics of the texture I’m working with. I’m on second day hair.

I think I’m going to try to stretch out my wash days. I enjoy doing CCS everyday like Anthony Dickey says, but then I read/ heard somewhere while looking into blackgirlcurls that too much water too often can damage the cortex??? I wish I saved a screenshot of that comment. They didn’t say exactly what is too much water and what is too frequently. Did anyone else hear about this?

View attachment 472797View attachment 472795View attachment 472793View attachment 472799
@bubbles12345 Here is my hair last year doing the WNGs that made my coils pop. That last one the length looks like it might be 6-8 inches. I have a long way to go to reach 8in and I have no idea when my hair is going to clump like that again.

bubbles12345

@bubbles12345 Here is my hair last year doing the WNGs that made my coils pop. That last one the length looks like it might be 6-8 inches. I have a long way to go to reach 8in and I have no idea when my hair is going to clump like that again.
Oh yes girl! Your coils are tiny like mine. So pretty. This gives me something to work towards. Thanks for the inspiration. Hopefully I can reach 6 inches by next year and can start seeing some more definition.

Mapleoats

I know this is a wash n go thread but I just have to share this here —

i tried Jello Shot for the first time this wash day on a twist out and OMG, why did I wait so long? I think I finally found a gel that can hold up to my hair! I may try a wash n go next time :look:
this is what my day 4 hair usually looks like. This is melanin styling cream+ wetline
6478B443-A0B3-41DC-A189-F962819AB073.jpeg088AE0B2-B5D4-4F4A-978E-F4994561F0F7.jpeg

and this combo is melanin styling cream + Jell-O shot.
pics are DAY 4 TWIST OUT!!!
C180A3B6-F061-4D08-94B3-497CFD17E0FD.jpeg09CD2B8A-55DE-4C28-A8CA-8D65E8EACE50.jpeg1EB8A27E-70A0-4493-BE32-5631ACC7235D.jpeg

i am shook! Looks more defined than my usual day 1 hair honestly. The crunch on day 1 was scary though lol

Mapleoats

for my wash n go I’m thinking the classic UFD + Jell-O shot. I’ve had UFD for a while but it never did much for me on its own. I’m excited to try it with Jell-O shot though. Do you all apply your products in the shower or out? Soaking wet hair? I don’t have a shower mirror so in the shower might be tough… plus I get cold easy LOL