Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

GettingKinky

I never know if my day one hair is going to be stringy and crunchy looking or decent.

I thought my hair would be stringy today because I shampoo’d with KC come clean and I was heavy handed with the gel, but it looks decent.

I think the amount of raking I do plays a big role. Or maybe it was because I was also heavy handed with my leave-in.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I washed with the Shescentit Tahiti cowash , leave in and jelly on Tuesday.

I definitely like the Jelly as a styler. You get 13ozs for $14.50 non sale. I would purchase again. If my hair set and dried fully, I could get 4-5 days before having to start over.

I'm on day two and do to banding at night my curls are waving out and getting straighter, especially in the front where its loose. I'll refresh probably tonight but fully wash on Saturday.

Attachments

• 586BCC5C-2AB2-4159-8E55-5CCA3F3D2434.jpeg
    586BCC5C-2AB2-4159-8E55-5CCA3F3D2434.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

waff

for anyone curious about my fan drying experiment... It was a fail lol My hair frizzed up. I will stick to air drying and using my diffuser when needed.

I have been faithfully using the Kinky Curly combo for my wash n go, and my hair has been holding up so well in this humidity. NC is another level of humid weather this last few weeks. I think my regimen is pretty good at this point, and I am very happy with how my routine is. (crossing fingers nothing changes for a while)

Last edited:

Shadow_Lace

Finally decided to deep condition, it took me long enough!

I clarified w/ Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo, and I used Silicon Mix Bambu to d/c + detangle my hair in 2 sections.

I sectioned my wet hair into 5s.

Smoothed Curls Blueberry Bliss Leave-In Conditioner, followed by Xtreme Wetline Aloe (Green) Gel onto each section. I'm currently air-drying my hair.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
It’s the weekend! It’s WNG time for me! Today was casual Friday, so I did the following:

Wash- Sirod Naturals Coconut milk shampoo
DC- SSI Marumallow melt
Style- Bobeam Conditioner, Mielle Pomegranate Curling Custard, CRN Curl Maker

I noticed that my curls hang lower if I rake in my styling products in small sections versus raking all over. Maybe I need to be lighter on my product application over all, in order to achieve more shrinkage.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
It’s wash day today. The back is still just as cushy as can be , lol.

The front. Just flying away. I wear a hat at work so it’s usually smushed down but I keep messing with it.

Attachments

• A319639F-2D8F-486F-B3BC-C488CC903433.jpeg
    A319639F-2D8F-486F-B3BC-C488CC903433.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 499588CE-B08C-491F-8E06-02F52EEAE6D8.jpeg
    499588CE-B08C-491F-8E06-02F52EEAE6D8.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 53

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I used SSI Tahiti Jelly again but added a little CO coiling custard on top.

Tried to air dry as much as possible but by bedtime it was still damp. Smushed it and stretched it a little too much with banding.

Attachments

• 0D48A88B-D36E-4496-834E-A604B2FC9F9A.jpeg
    0D48A88B-D36E-4496-834E-A604B2FC9F9A.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

GettingKinky

I used SSI Tahiti Jelly again but added a little CO coiling custard on top.

Tried to air dry as much as possible but by bedtime it was still damp. Smushed it and stretched it a little too much with banding.

I’ve given up on trying to stretch my hair. Whenever I try my curl pattern comes out weird looking. And letting it shrink requires less effort and I’m hair lazy.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I’ve given up on trying to stretch my hair. Whenever I try my curl pattern comes out weird looking. And letting it shrink requires less effort and I’m hair lazy.

If I don't stretch it, its very compact. I really need a sit under dryer because it defeats the purpose if my hair isn't "set" before bed. So usually at night I put two ponytails and only wrap the holder around twice.

If it still wet it pulls the curls and set its into loose S waves. I prefer my tight slinky curls @GettingKinky

Shadow_Lace

@Shadow_Lace do you find that DCing makes a big difference for you? I just ordered a DC and I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can try it out.

Yes, I notice a major difference when I go too long w/out deep conditioner. My hair gets harder to detangle, the roots try to mat up quicker than usual. And some products don't seem to be enough to moisturize, let alone, define my hair.

I just want to maintain my moisture/protein balance.

So that's why I deep condition w/ moderate protein d/c or strengthening d/cs. Occasionally, I'll switch to a moisturizing deep conditioner.

Which d/c did you order?

Shadow_Lace

I'm giving the Aunt Jackie's gel another go.

I washed w/ TreSemme Lux Moist shampoo, followed by Herbal Essences Argan Oil of Morocco conditioner in 2 sections.

Sectioned my hair into 5s.

I smoothed Aunt Jackie's Don't Shrink Flax seed gel onto each section. I definitely used more this time around...
(I hope it was enough). I'm currently air-drying my hair.

GettingKinky

Yes, I notice a major difference when I go too long w/out deep conditioner. My hair gets harder to detangle, the roots try to mat up quicker than usual. And some products don't seem to be enough to moisturize, let alone, define my hair.

I just want to maintain my moisture/protein balance.

So that's why I deep condition w/ moderate protein d/c or strengthening d/cs. Occasionally, I'll switch to a moisturizing deep conditioner.

Which d/c did you order?

I ordered the Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair DC.

If I see a difference I’ll be kicking myself for not doing this sooner. My biggest issue is frizz/lack of definition near my roots.

metro_qt

3 weeks of THEEE best wash n gos ever.
I have found my holy grail, and I'm going to rock with it for the end of the year.
Wetline xtreme gel.
Yeah. It's expensive for me (20 dollars to ship to Toronto)...but it has made my curls so soft to the touch, *some* hang time, and as one person put it-perfect ringlets.

Every day!
I am getting so many requests from other women about how to achieve their wash n gos....and I tell them my secret is wetline xtreme gel...lol

GettingKinky

3 weeks of THEEE best wash n gos ever.
I have found my holy grail, and I'm going to rock with it for the end of the year.
Wetline xtreme gel.
Yeah. It's expensive for me (20 dollars to ship to Toronto)...but it has made my curls so soft to the touch, *some* hang time, and as one person put it-perfect ringlets.

Every day!
I am getting so many requests from other women about how to achieve their wash n gos....and I tell them my secret is wetline xtreme gel...lol

The clear one? That’s what I use. What leave in do you use with it?

GettingKinky

My hair only lasted 2 days so I had to wash again this morning. I think the SM shampoo is the problem, I don’t think my hair absorbs enough moisture when I use it. My hair comes out better when I use the KC shampoo. I was afraid to use it every time I wash because it lathers a ton, but I’m going to give it a try.

GettingKinky

I like the way my hair feels today. I used GOBS of rinse out conditioner. And a good amount of leave in conditioner.

But I was so focused on applying gel in lots of sections that I didn’t rake well, so my hair is a little flat.

One day I will do all the right things on the same day. And then hopefully I will find that the process is repeatable. But I’m about to run out of my SM conditioner and then I need to use up the other 2 I have before I decide if any are my staple.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I cowashed two nights in a row. It’s not too bad really. My hair isn’t immaculate but eh. It’s not a big deal. I’ll be doing my full wash day tomorrow and early as I’m off. It will allow my hair to dry.

Might try and find a hard bonnet dryer locally

Cowashed last night with Garnier Whole Blends Avocado and Shea butter conditioner.

Attachments

• A230A8CA-2CC9-4570-A452-D68D3EDCE4C7.jpeg
    A230A8CA-2CC9-4570-A452-D68D3EDCE4C7.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 32