Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

toaster

I wish there were more example of tight curl wash and go’s that live below the shoulder. Everything I see is either waist length curly hair, or way more volume, or just a looser curl.

Anyway, here’s day 3 hair for me.

Attachments

• 1362D27B-5A06-4C6A-858E-40028A893142.jpeg
    1362D27B-5A06-4C6A-858E-40028A893142.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 52
  • D8D9C6F2-24C0-43E6-A3A7-F174EFE6E292.jpeg
    D8D9C6F2-24C0-43E6-A3A7-F174EFE6E292.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 44
  • BE6DB432-F1DE-42D6-8DD3-4E86C6F1CA0D.jpeg
    BE6DB432-F1DE-42D6-8DD3-4E86C6F1CA0D.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 48

VictoriousBrownFlower

I wish there were more example of tight curl wash and go’s that live below the shoulder. Everything I see is either waist length curly hair, or way more volume, or just a looser curl.

i feel ur pain... i'm constantly on the lookout for people with long tightly curly hair that's below shoulder. its very hard to find.

toaster

i feel ur pain... i'm constantly on the lookout for people with long tightly curly hair that's below shoulder. its very hard to find.
Yessss! We need some inspiration! Especially regarding shape. All I see is “length doesn’t live at the nape unless your hair is past your shoulders” but what then?

When I got my haircut the front of my hair was cut justtttt above the shoulders and it had swang and shape and was lovely. Now it’s grown out a bit and I’m wondering if this is just an awkward phase and I need it to hang down lower to have that fullness again? Or if I just have stringy hair at this length.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Yessss! We need some inspiration! Especially regarding shape. All I see is “length doesn’t live at the nape unless your hair is past your shoulders” but what then?

When I got my haircut the front of my hair was cut justtttt above the shoulders and it had swang and shape and was lovely. Now it’s grown out a bit and I’m wondering if this is just an awkward phase and I need it to hang down lower to have that fullness again? Or if I just have stringy hair at this length.
for some people like @Chicoro when their hair grows it grows with lead hairs first and then thickens. I would say don't cut it just yet. As ur hair gets longer i think it will naturally fill in. At the end of the day we all arent blessed with the thick hair gene. so i feel ur pain. i'm a fine haired girl myself. Thats why i wear headbands... it makes my hair fall better. especially as it gets older.

oneastrocurlie

Her hair seems to grow so fast it'll probably be past her shoulders in a few weeks lol.

water_n_oil

For what it's worth, my hair is mostly WL,some parts TBL, and still shrinks to my shoulders. Would probably need to be knee length before I get a longer wng lol.

toaster

For what it's worth, my hair is mostly WL,some parts TBL, and still shrinks to my shoulders. Would probably need to be knee length before I get a longer wng lol.
This is fair! My stylist cut my hair from hip back to waist for my last curly cut, so it’s possible this is as long as my wash and go will really “hang.”

I just never paid attention before to wash and go’s and haircuts and shapes because my hair was always in a bun.

VictoriousBrownFlower

This is fair! My stylist cut my hair from hip back to waist for my last curly cut, so it’s possible this is as long as my wash and go will really “hang.”

I just never paid attention before to wash and go’s and haircuts and shapes because my hair was always in a bun.
i was thinking about it and have u ever tried seperating ur clumps a bit once ur hair is dry.... i have to do that or my hair looks to thin.

toaster

i was thinking about it and have u ever tried seperating ur clumps a bit once ur hair is dry.... i have to do that or my hair looks to thin.
Ooh no, I’ve never tried that! I usually don’t touch my hair at all once it’s dry until the next wash day.

I honestly don’t mind the density of my hair, I was just looking for some style options that aren’t tapered cuts or super dense hair that’s beautiful, but not realistic for me.

Shadow_Lace

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

I think I going to continue switching up/adding on, my Pre-Wash Routine products according to the products used initially (& possibly after) for my wash n go.

So the 2 Refresher products: As I Am JBCO Water & Eden Bodyworks HIbiscus Honey Hair Tonic
The scalp treatment (for the not-so great areas): iQ Natural JBCO Lavender Scent
The detangling agents (conditioners for the most part) will still vary depending on: previous products, my energy lvl/mood, & what products I'm using for my wash n go etc.
So same routine as before, culminating in 6 shedding/matting removed, detangled (hair) braids.
Skipped the plastic conditioning cap.

I clarified with Kinky-Curly Come Clean Shampoo, followed by Qhemet Biologics Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea only on my roots & scalp.
Next, I used Curl Smith Hydro Creme Soothing Mask, still 1 of my favs.

Section by section...
I rinsed my roots only (& very lightly at that).
After unraveling a braid, I removed any extra shedding/matting & lightly detangled my hair.
(On soaking wet hair) I smoothed TGIN RoseWater Smoothing Leave-In, then re-sectioned my hair.

(On damp-wet hair) I raked, then smoothed Xtreme Clear gel onto each section.
I'm currently air-drying my hair.

I think I prefer the Curl Smith Hydro Creme Soothing Mask, more than the 1st time!

It's so much more effective on already detangled/sectioned off hair!

I mean I literally could feel the difference!

This is not an initially detangling product upon contact with the hair.

Not a detangling mask/deep conditioner!
I don't recommend using this to detangle your hair.

While I did leave some in, to see if I could lightly detangle my hair...
It just worked for me, because I already thoroughly detangled & sectioned off my hair.

It's still one of the best moisturizing hair masks!

toaster

Tomorrow will be 2 months straight of doing wash and go’s! I still have a ton to learn, but I think time and consistency will help. I’m pretty happy with my selection of products. My crown still needs work to be fully hydrated but I can’t expect that overnight.

Here’s a comparison of my first or second wash and go (on the right) and today’s day 1 hair.
C7B281E0-E527-48A5-A46A-6F11DB79CF39.jpeg

Shadow_Lace

Tomorrow will be 2 months straight of doing wash and go’s! I still have a ton to learn, but I think time and consistency will help. I’m pretty happy with my selection of products. My crown still needs work to be fully hydrated but I can’t expect that overnight.

Here’s a comparison of my first or second wash and go (on the right) and today’s day 1 hair.
View attachment 464881

Wow! That's amazing progress!
Look's great!:clap:

faithVA

View attachment 464881
Great progress. Looks like your hydrating improved a great deal.

LavenderMint

View attachment 464881
Wow!! The difference is amazing! Your hair looks great!

LavenderMint

So THIS is what’s is happening with my hair.
97995136-AB24-4149-ADF7-FE15E5A8E114.jpeg
the gel in the right-front of my head gums up and is creating little balls. This is the same area that gave me trouble with this last wash day. No other area of my head looks like this. I want to wash today but I have limited time.
Right now my tentative plan is to start by just running warm water on that side of my head. I will have a mirror on the side so I can check how well my hair is rinsing out; I might just start with a drop of Dawn :cry3: since that’s what ultimately worked last time.

I actually might try mousse under gel this time and just prepare myself to change my style if it frizzes out.
OR
I can just use less gel on that side. :look:
We’ll see

toaster

@LavenderMint sometimes this happens to me. Do you style in the shower? If so, after applying your product to soaking wet hair, run your head back under the shower for a second. Usually this is a sign that the product needed more water.

Also before you apply the product to your hair, make sure to emulsify the product in your hands first. That way you’re not applying a glob that doesn’t get distributed properly.

When you’re washing it out, stand under the water for longer than you think. I listen to music while washing my hair, and for each section I’m under the water for a full length song (3-4 minutes) before I apply shampoo. The water can get a lot of the product off on its own.

toaster

@GettingKinky What are your thoughts on the digital salon closing completely?

I guess I have a few hours to decide if I want to rejoin for the last months, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. I got the information I wanted and I have a stylist now.

GettingKinky

@GettingKinky What are your thoughts on the digital salon closing completely?

I guess I have a few hours to decide if I want to rejoin for the last months, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. I got the information I wanted and I have a stylist now.

I’m a little sad, but I could see the writing on the wall. I’m grateful that I’ve been a part of the salon, I learned a ton and my hair wash n gos are much better now. I’ll probably stick around until the end and rewatch all the videos for any info I missed the first time around.

The one thing that annoys me about them, is their reluctance to answer questions. They act like having a full understanding of our hair is too much to expect. I started using a diffuser before they did, and they acted like that was too much for a mere mortal to learn, but now they promote the dyson all the time. Little things like that really irk me.

toaster

I’m a little sad, but I could see the writing on the wall. I’m grateful that I’ve been a part of the salon, I learned a ton and my hair wash n gos are much better now. I’ll probably stick around until the end and rewatch all the videos for any info I missed the first time around.

The one thing that annoys me about them, is their reluctance to answer questions. They act like having a full understanding of our hair is too much to expect. I started using a diffuser before they did, and they acted like that was too much for a mere mortal to learn, but now they promote the dyson all the time. Little things like that really irk me.
I’m so grateful to you for pointing me in their direction!

I agree with you on both points, I’ve learned a lot from their platforms and they are super reluctant to answer questions.

On their IG live they basically said they wanted us to master 1 hairstyle and rely on a hair stylist for everything else.

That’s part of what let the DIY hair movement in the first place. Stylists keeping all the information about what they used on our hair and why, to themselves.

I don’t know. I realize they can make more money selling classes to professionals and spend less time than they do with consumers, but this could backfire. They complain a lot about people showing up to the salon without basic knowledge and using the wrong products, so now they are taking away a platform that provided that basic knowledge.