Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

VictoriousBrownFlower

my hair grew!!!!! Its now bsb in the back and a lil longer than apl in the front (stretched).... I never thought my wash and go would reach this length.... I'm finally confident in it... I got the perfect wash and go products and methods to get the same results everytime... On top of that i know how to protect it at night to easily refresh and wear for a few days... It took practice but my skills are finally there as far as a wng is concerned.

I can't wait to see what my hair looks like at waist length stretched in the back and bsb in the front.WIN_20200815_05_14_13_Pro (2).jpg

Last edited:

faithVA

my hair grew!!!!! Its now bsb in the back and a lil longer than apl in the front (stretched).... I never thought my wash and go would reach this length.... I'm finally confident in it... I got the perfect wash and go products and methods to get the same results everytime... On top of that i know how to protect it at night to easily refresh and wear for a few days... It took practice but my skills are finally there as far as a wng is concerned.

I can't wait to see what my hair looks like at waist length stretched in the back and bsb in the front.View attachment 462113
Congratulations. It looks great!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
So used the new hair dryer last week and the diffuser still doesnt do it for me. What I found last night is the concentrator, is the business.

My hair still wasnt dry though and its frizzy today because I slept crazy but thats another story.

Let my hair airdry and then use the concentrator to stretch and blow the hair downwards. My hair was looking nice before bed.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Used SSI Plum Nectar & Agave Styling Custard with the Curling Syrup. My hair looked amazing before I crushed it to the heavens during sleep. I will be trying it again super early on Saturday, so it has a chance to air dry and set. Each strand had this slight sheen to it and the curl definition was stellar. Even now my hair doesnt have a hard cast but the hold is there.

It looks nice today but not anywhere near as beautiful as it did last night

toaster

Hello! I hope it’s okay if I post in here. I haven’t been on the boards in a long while. My hair is still long and natural but I don’t do anything to it.

I’m getting a curly hair cut in less than 2 weeks! I won’t let it get cut too short, but it needs some shape. I have to go to the appointment with my hair in a wash and go with minimal product. I’m terrified.

GettingKinky

I'm back to wash and gos after being in braids. I dried under a hooded dryer and like it better than diffusing then airdrying. Looking for a gel that will give me more hold. Soft and fluffy wng are cool but mine are a poof by day 3 or 4.

What about the hooded dryer did you like better?

toaster

@GettingKinky I'm going to join the digital salon tomorrow. I've been reading through this thread and I think it's something I could benefit from.

The woman here in NYC that I'm getting my haircut with follows them on instagram and recommends some of her clients follow their advice so...

toaster

@themonacut is doing a pop up near me. I LOVE her work. I wanted to get a cut, they always look amazing, but she’s charging $350. For that much, I’d have to let her do whatever she wants and she famous for short cuts. I’m trying to grow my hair out.
She's cutting my hair!!!

(Sorry, reading through old posts)

GettingKinky

She's cutting my hair!!!

(Sorry, reading through old posts)

I can’t wait to see your results. I wish I had gone to her when she was in town, but $350 seemed like so much for a haircut. But I LOVE her work and now I wish I had done it. When is your appointment? I’m so excited for you!!

toaster

I can’t wait to see your results. I wish I had gone to her when she was in town, but $350 seemed like so much for a haircut. But I LOVE her work and now I wish I had done it. When is your appointment? I’m so excited for you!!
Her NYC prices are maybe a little less than her travelling prices? She's charging $295 here. I am soooo excited. My appointment is next Saturday, the 12!

Last night I ordered the Doux mousse and their leave in. Those are the products I'll use for my wash and go when I go for my haircut. I won't use too much product as she asks for your hair to be in a wash and go with "minimal product."

GettingKinky

Her NYC prices are maybe a little less than her travelling prices? She's charging $295 here. I am soooo excited. My appointment is next Saturday, the 12!

Last night I ordered the Doux mousse and their leave in. Those are the products I'll use for my wash and go when I go for my haircut. I won't use too much product as she asks for your hair to be in a wash and go with "minimal product."

Are you giving her free reign or do you have a cut in mind?

toaster

Are you giving her free reign or do you have a cut in mind?
My rules are 1) no bangs 2) I have to be able to pull my hair up into a bun and 3) I want to keep growing my hair so I want a cut I can grow into and maybe see her twice a year.

Otherwise I’m just going to let her work her magic and I can’t wait to see what products they use and their techniques.

GettingKinky

My rules are 1) no bangs 2) I have to be able to pull my hair up into a bun and 3) I want to keep growing my hair so I want a cut I can grow into and maybe see her twice a year.

Otherwise I’m just going to let her work her magic and I can’t wait to see what products they use and their techniques.

condition #2 & 3 were conditions I had for my first curly cut. Now I’m willing to give in on #2 if necessary to have a great cut.

I have bangs but they are so long that I can stretch them to my collar bone.

toaster

condition #2 & 3 were conditions I had for my first curly cut. Now I’m willing to give in on #2 if necessary to have a great cut.

I have bangs but they are so long that I can stretch them to my collar bone.
How do you wash your face? This is one of my concerns. If I get in the shower and style my hair, then while air drying or after diffusing or whatever I will want to wash my face and I think bangs will get in the way?? Or can I use a clip to get the hair out of my face?

I have to see how much shrinkage I get with a wash and go. My hair is pretty long so I can lose a few inches and still have a bun.
How long is your hair stretched?

GettingKinky

How do you wash your face? This is one of my concerns. If I get in the shower and style my hair, then while air drying or after diffusing or whatever I will want to wash my face and I think bangs will get in the way?? Or can I use a clip to get the hair out of my face?

I have to see how much shrinkage I get with a wash and go. My hair is pretty long so I can lose a few inches and still have a bun.
How long is your hair stretched?

I usually wash my hair in the shower so my bangs are in my shower cap. Otherwise I clip them out of the way.
My hair is close to BSL but it shrinks up to just past ear length. The shrinkage depends a bit on how I dry it. And it shrinks more as the days since wash pass. The picture here is on wash day and it’s probably 80% dry.

Attachments

• E61CBEBC-4FAD-4FFC-85FA-2A6ABF486B4E.jpeg
    E61CBEBC-4FAD-4FFC-85FA-2A6ABF486B4E.jpeg
    677.5 KB · Views: 41

toaster

I usually wash my hair in the shower so my bangs are in my shower cap. Otherwise I clip them out of the way.
My hair is close to BSL but it shrinks up to just past ear length. The shrinkage depends a bit on how I dry it. And it shrinks more as the days since wash pass. The picture here is on wash day and it’s probably 80% dry.
Your hair is sooo pretty! It’s been so long since I last attempted a wash and go, but I know I have major shrinkage. My hair is maybe shoulder length fully dry and it will be hard to lose that length, but I trust Mona.

toaster

Practiced my “minimal product” wash and go today for my haircut. I used the Doux leave in and mousse. My roots have no definition but my hair dried in less than 3 hours which is unheard of.
Ive been reading in the digital salon and I’m excited to try their methods, but I want to get my haircut and see what the stylist recommends before I go buying all the products.
A8C28B15-B017-4408-A0C8-1FB74C3A0EE6.jpeg

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Still holding on to the same washngo from Tuesday night.

I have plans to do a fresh one when I get off. The Doux Big Poppa Styling Gel is nice but boy is it glycerin heavy. So all last week my hair was juicy and slightly sticky. I would buy it again though.