Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

Britt

Thank you!

Which Trepadora gel are you using?? I just bought the papaya slip and it smells SO freaking good! Im planning to test that over UFD today if I can get around to washing. I think I’ll also eventually try the 3 gel method to see if i can get more hangtime. Once I figure out my fav combo then I’m hoping I’ll see the same results you mentioned by maintaining consistency.
You’re welcome!
I use the papaya slip and açaí berry. Play around with different combos until you find your groove.

EmmJaii

You’re welcome!
I use the papaya slip and açaí berry. Play around with different combos until you find your groove.
The papaya slip is amazing. I went a lil overboard today and tried the 3 gels, with UFD, ICH, and Trepadora Papaya. This is by far the best wash and go I’ve ever had. With the third gel my curls separated perfectly and the weight gave me way more hang time than usual. These gels are too expensive to use all 3 every time I wash my hair (2x/week), but this will be my go to combo for special occasions, assuming the next few days go well.
I also took the time to shingle today and that gave me way more bounce and definition. But for the amount of time it took, not worth it in my opinion. Oh and I also used the dyson to diffuse and got great volume I don’t typically see in day 1 hair. I’d say this is an overall win.

GettingKinky

Now I want papaya slip :-(

Since September I’ve been using KCKT + ICH. This weekend I think I’ll go back to UFD + ICH I want to see if it is significantly different.

Then for my midweek wash I’m going to try Briogeo curl charisma custard. I’ve tried it a few times before, but that was back when I wasn’t very good at wash n gos. Now that I have my technique down I want to see how it turns out.

I really don’t want to be a PJ, but trying new products is fun.

GettingKinky

The papaya slip is amazing. I went a lil overboard today and tried the 3 gels, with UFD, ICH, and Trepadora Papaya. This is by far the best wash and go I’ve ever had. With the third gel my curls separated perfectly and the weight gave me way more hang time than usual. These gels are too expensive to use all 3 every time I wash my hair (2x/week), but this will be my go to combo for special occasions, assuming the next few days go well.
I also took the time to shingle today and that gave me way more bounce and definition. But for the amount of time it took, not worth it in my opinion. Oh and I also used the dyson to diffuse and got great volume I don’t typically see in day 1 hair. I’d say this is an overall win.

Do you think you got great results because of the papaya slip or because you shingled? I never have the patience to shingle.

Britt

PRECISELY!!!!!! I think using all 3 would be fantastic combo but it's too costly to be using like that :nono:.... I wash every few days if I can get aroud to it, I just can't be pumping and plopping all that good gel down the drain like that lol. The only one I can use with abandon and feel fine is UFD lol. I'm so glad you like your combo :yay::yay::yay:

GettingKinky

PRECISELY!!!!!! I think using all 3 would be fantastic combo but it's too costly to be using like that :nono:.... I wash every few days if I can get aroud to it, I just can't be pumping and plopping all that good gel down the drain like that lol. The only one I can use with abandon and feel fine is UFD lol. I'm so glad you like your combo :yay::yay::yay:
When you say every few days do you mean you wash every 2-3 days? I’m washing every 3-4 days and I’m going through conditioner and ICH like crazy.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I did a rushed mousse only wng with CR Spiked Honey Mousse. I was pleasantly surprised at how defined it was. I'm on day two now and it still looks good.

View attachment 467363
Why is the shipping for 1 measly item so high for Canada??? I was sold based on this picture but it totaled to 56 US dollars with shipping! If anyone knows where to get this in Can plz let me know

faithVA

Now I want papaya slip :-(

Since September I’ve been using KCKT + ICH. This weekend I think I’ll go back to UFD + ICH I want to see if it is significantly different.

Then for my midweek wash I’m going to try Briogeo curl charisma custard. I’ve tried it a few times before, but that was back when I wasn’t very good at wash n gos. Now that I have my technique down I want to see how it turns out.

I really don’t want to be a PJ, but trying new products is fun.
Do you use the same amount of ICH with each gel or do you have to make an adjustment?

faithVA

I should have washed Thursday but just got around to it today. It took forever. I don't know how I washed my hair before work when I first started :lol: Anyway, just did the regular. Cleansed with Jessicurl. Conditioned with Kirklands. Applied a good amount of UFD in the shower and doused it with water.

I'm still struggling with the Aunt Jackie's but I think I know why. This time I plopped a lot of it in each section and then got more and smoothed it through each section. With I apply ICH I can immediately see what my curls will look like when they dry and I can tell when I have applied enough. With the Aunt Jackie's my hair looks sudsy and the more I apply the less I can tell what it looks like. But when it dries, I can see how well formed my curls are. I think I will have to have a predetermined amount I use per section and measure it that way.

I still have a ton of it left so I have plenty of time to experiment :lol:

I doubt I will be a product junkie any time soon. It takes too much to figure out how to use products on my hair.

GettingKinky

The Doux Pop Lock curl Forming gel is like a topper in my view

it’s very lightweight in hold. I’ll see how it holds up the next two days and then rewash using the big poppa gel as the base and this on top

this is good to know. Now I don’t feel the urge to buy it. I already have ICH and IP and I’m planning to get papaya slip. I don’t need another topper gel.

EmmJaii

Do you think you got great results because of the papaya slip or because you shingled? I never have the patience to shingle.
Probably both. I think the shingling mostly helped with the bounce. With raking I get “good enough” results, but never a lot of movement because I don’t do a great job of separating at the root. I think the papaya slip is what gave me the hold and definition. The way it separated my curls took out 85% of the guesswork for the shingling. My definition still looks great even though I didn’t wear a scarf to bed last night. I’m getting a little frizz but I truly think this wash n go might last a full week.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Yeah so I woke up and my hair looks like day 4-5. It wouldn’t be so bad if my wasn’t dry feeling.
I’m going to use the refresher later in the day. I can’t use it this morning because it wouldn't make sense as I’m about to go to work and put a hat on. My hair is usually moist and damp at the top because for the insert we have.

toaster

Lately for my wash and go’s I haven’t been taking my hair at all. Just smoothing. I still have a ton of movement, and my hair is detangled from detangling with conditioner in it.

I’ve mostly been doing it out of laziness, but it works.

I have to wash my hair 3 more times before we head home. I get about 7 washes out of kinky curly knot today and curling custard, and that’s exactly how many washes I’ll be doing down here.

GettingKinky

Lately for my wash and go’s I haven’t been taking my hair at all. Just smoothing. I still have a ton of movement, and my hair is detangled from detangling with conditioner in it.

I’ve mostly been doing it out of laziness, but it works.

I have to wash my hair 3 more times before we head home. I get about 7 washes out of kinky curly knot today and curling custard, and that’s exactly how many washes I’ll be doing down here.
What size curling custard? The 8 oz lasts you 7 washes?