Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Cowashed with As I am Itchy scalp. And then used a little of the rinse out conditioner.

I prefer the cowash over the conditioner but won’t repurchase either.

Found a gel from Brazil that’s similar to the old wet line. No glycerin. It’s from Salon Line. Called Gelatina. I put a little of Mane Krush Kurl tini just to see what would happen because I didn’t use a leave in Not bad at all.
Paid $9.25 on Amazon.

Attachments

• A9645BA0-0F5E-46F4-88CC-367D89EA3809.jpeg
    A9645BA0-0F5E-46F4-88CC-367D89EA3809.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

GGsKin

Cowashed with As I am Itchy scalp. And then used a little of the rinse out conditioner.

Found a gel from Brazil that’s similar to the old wet line. No glycerin. It’s from Salon Line. Called Gelatina. I put a little of Mane Krush Kurl tini just to see what would happen because I didn’t use a leave in Not bad at all.
Paid $9.25 on Amazon.
I see they have a few versions @Bette Davis Eyes, which colour did you get?

faithVA

Paid $9.25 on Amazon.
Very nice! It makes sense that Brazil would have a gel with no glycerin. I will put that in my wishlist so I can remember it for later.

LavenderMint

I also don’t want to be a product junkie but everyone makes everything seem so effective! At this point, I’m only interested in trying the Papaya Slip & ICH (and the InnerSense washes/condtioners). I have a bottle of ICV I’ve used once....

Friday was MiniMint’s first birthday and I was too tired to do my CCS & just kept pushing it off. The Lemongrass gel says it can be reactivated with water. So this morning, I just repeatedly ran my wet hands through the frizziest parts of my hair... then I got on Zoom and was quite amused.
One side of my hair is hanging low and the other side is poofed out like normal :lachen: Kids can be rude and I’m just glad none of them said anything lol

naturalagain2

I'm so in love with Aunt Jackie's Ice Curls Curling Jelly BUT I just bought UFD gel just to see if its a botanical gel that I would like because I prefer botanical gels. Camille Rose curl maker used to be my go to gel but I think her formula changed because I get nothing but flakes from it now. No matter how little I use, how much water I use it still flakes and I feel a sticky film all over my hair after sitting under the dryer.

Britt

When you say every few days do you mean you wash every 2-3 days? I’m washing every 3-4 days and I’m going through conditioner and ICH like crazy.
Like every 4-5 days lol
The one thing I learned about these wash n go's is how I go through product. I go through gels fast :nono: If I washed every 2-3 days I'd be broke from buying gel lol. I don't even have a lot of hair like that.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I ordered a few more of the Salon Line items off amazon last night. I cant wait until its warmer weather. gonna get a little color and washngo until I get tired of it.

Thought about cowashing last night but I was lazy. I'll probably doing it tonight and sit under the dryer for a bit. I need some clips to hold the top of my hair down so it doesnt fly all over.

LavenderMint

I watched LaToya Ebony’s truth about wash n go for working mom video for the first time.

Am I the only one who still has multi-hour wash days? Detangling- even moderately- is the lengthiest part of my wash day due to my density. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, if I’m doing anything wrong.

naturalagain2

I watched LaToya Ebony’s truth about wash n go for working mom video for the first time.

Am I the only one who still has multi-hour wash days? Detangling- even moderately- is the lengthiest part of my wash day due to my density. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, if I’m doing anything wrong.
I do. I finally got down to my fastest time last week which was an hour and half but I just cowashed and styled this did not include the 30 mins under the dryer so I guess it really took 2 hours. I think styling in the shower cut a lot of my time. I'm planning to do a clay wash tonight and deep condition. I know already this will take me probably 3 hours to do but will time to see.

I know washing often cuts my detangling time.

toaster

I can shampoo, detangle and style my hair in 1 hour. It was about 1 hour and 15 minutes when my hair was longer.

The key for me is washing at least twice a week, and also only wearing wash and go’s. I don’t pull my hair up into a ponytail. I don’t do a twist out one wash day and a wash and go the next. My hair over the last 4.5 months has gotten very used to curling up in my natural curl pattern and it’s much less tangled than it has been in the past.

GGsKin

Even when I was washing multiple times a week, it still took me 2hrs+ to wash my hair. I like to DC for at least 30mins (just to rest) so I could probably do it faster but my mum always used to say I had two speeds; slow and stop lol.

I honestly don't know how some of you are getting through it so fast, maybe it's my texture/ coil type or because I don't really use tools and I take long DC breaks IDK . But I enjoy taking my time. Thankfully I've got the time.

LavenderMint

@naturalagain2 & @toaster I have also noticed that the more often I wash my hair, the less tangles I have. I guess if I want to really cut the time I’m going to have to go back to washing twice a week. I usually end up washing in the afternoon/evening and spending a long time under the dryer. And portions of my hair close to the scalp are usually still damp the next day. @GGsKin I usually don’t deep condition unless I feel like I really need it (this week, I really do) BUT I definitely need to do it more often.
The washing time usually has me tired by the time I need to style & my hair isn’t WETwet then. Between MiniMint still waking up at night to nurse & being up late under the dryer, wash days can be a trial.

Speaking of MiniMint, it seems my postpartum shedding has thankfully decreased back to something more norma recently. Those tribble-sized hair balls were frightening.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
my hair isnt long and once water hits it , its pretty easy with a low density. I just have a lot of strands. prepoo 5 mins or 20 minutes if I steam it in "cleanse" , deep conditioner ( steam) Steaming and Cowashing takes up the most time. Probably 2 hours

Takes me 30 minutes to style a washngo.

Now, when Im wearing braids for a braidout or twist out, it takes 2 days to do my hair. One to let it airdry with leave in, and second to actual style it once its dry.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Oh I forgot, I want to try this out tonight. In the shower with gobs of conditioner after I cowash

naturalagain2

I can shampoo, detangle and style my hair in 1 hour. It was about 1 hour and 15 minutes when my hair was longer.

The key for me is washing at least twice a week, and also only wearing wash and go’s. I don’t pull my hair up into a ponytail. I don’t do a twist out one wash day and a wash and go the next. My hair over the last 4.5 months has gotten very used to curling up in my natural curl pattern and it’s much less tangled than it has been in the past.

This is my goal this year. I love to switch it up especially because I want to see some length but I'm trying hard not to do that and stick to wash and go's and see if I can see significant growth.

toaster

Posted this in the weekly hair routine thread, but thought it could be helpful here too:

I also thought I’d provide a review of the products I brought with me for a 2 week stay with family out of town:

2 ounce bottle of innersense hydrating hair bath. I love this shampoo and use it at home as well. If this was a swimming trip I would have brought a more all purpose shampoo, but this gentle shampoo is one of my faves.

Innersense hydrating conditioner. Love this stuff too. If I travel again I’d probably bring a briogeo conditioner, but that’s only because innersense has a pump and briogeo has a cap. Easier to pack in a suitcase.

Kinky curly knot today and curling custard. Styling go to’s! No glycerin so I didn’t have to worry about frizzing or my hair poofing. I love these.

My only thought is I probably could have conditioned and detangled with the knot today and left it in before applying the curling custard. That way I’d only need 3 products.

My dyson dryer with diffuser attachment. Bomb dot com. Gets my hair 80% dry in 23 minutes. Lightweight. Travels well. Love it.

GettingKinky

My wash n go with Briogeo coil custard is a big time fail. I don’t know if my hair was too wet or too dry when I applied it. I don’t know if I used too much or too little. All I know is that my curls didn’t really clump - especially in my crown. I can tell that my hair is going to be a huge frizz ball by the end of the day - this product has very little maybe no hold.
I keep trying to find a quick mid week wash n go that uses fewer products, but so far I haven’t found it.

faithVA

My wash n go with Briogeo coil custard is a big time fail. I don’t know if my hair was too wet or too dry when I applied it. I don’t know if I used too much or too little. All I know is that my curls didn’t really clump - especially in my crown. I can tell that my hair is going to be a huge frizz ball by the end of the day - this product has very little maybe no hold.
I keep trying to find a quick mid week wash n go that uses fewer products, but so far I haven’t found it.
Are you going to try it again? There seems to be a learning curve with custards. I have one but I have the same questions you have. Is it too much or too little water or custard :perplexed: