Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
The only custard type product that worked for me alone was jane carter curling cream.

Every other custard/cream type defining product is a base styler and then I put a gel styler on top. I dont use a leave in but the custard/cream acts as a leave in and the gel adds to the definition and hold Im looking for.

Like earlier in the week, I put the kurltini by mane krush on the bottom and the gelatina on top. @GettingKinky

GettingKinky

Are you going to try it again? There seems to be a learning curve with custards. I have one but I have the same questions you have. Is it too much or too little water or custard :perplexed:

I’ll probably try again next Wednesday. It doesn’t look as horrible as I originally thought. It has tons of volume, but there is no way it can last.

Attachments

• A5F84A43-4E46-4403-B909-0034F9430A93.jpeg
    A5F84A43-4E46-4403-B909-0034F9430A93.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 59

GettingKinky

Yeah, it doesn't look to bad. Perhaps you need a topper with it.
I’m sure a topper would help, but if I’m going to go that route I could just stick to my tried and true products. I was hoping for a one product process that would last for 3 days.
Since I wash 2x a week I’m trying to make the process quicker and cheaper.
so far I’ve tried foam and now this custard. Both look fine on day one but don’t have enough hold to last 3 days.

oneastrocurlie

My wash n go with Briogeo coil custard is a big time fail. I don’t know if my hair was too wet or too dry when I applied it. I don’t know if I used too much or too little. All I know is that my curls didn’t really clump - especially in my crown. I can tell that my hair is going to be a huge frizz ball by the end of the day - this product has very little maybe no hold.
I keep trying to find a quick mid week wash n go that uses fewer products, but so far I haven’t found it.

So when my stylist used it she would add water to make hair as she raked it through. Sometimes she even did it at the bowl. I used it on soaking wet hair. Never got it to where she did but kinda close.

And yeah. The hold is lliiigghhhtttt

GettingKinky

So when my stylist used it she would add water to make hair as she raked it through. Sometimes she even did it at the bowl. I used it on soaking wet hair. Never got it to where she did but kinda close.

And yeah. The hold is lliiigghhhtttt
Thanks for this tip. I applied in the shower and my hair was wet, but not soaking wet. Do you use a lot. I was very light handed.

EmmJaii

I’ll probably try again next Wednesday. It doesn’t look as horrible as I originally thought. It has tons of volume, but there is no way it can last.
I like it a lot! But I do love volume. Have you tried one of the heavier gels as a one product? I saw someone on YouTube use just the ICH and her hair came out pretty cute. She didn’t have type 4 hair, but ICH is thicc so it might work?

GettingKinky

I like it a lot! But I do love volume. Have you tried one of the heavier gels as a one product? I saw someone on YouTube use just the ICH and her hair came out pretty cute. She didn’t have type 4 hair, but ICH is thicc so it might work?

I haven’t tried it by itself yet, but it probably could work. I’m going to add it to my list of things to try.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
It still had a tiny bit of definition and huge volume. I wore it out today, tomorrow will be a puff View attachment 467817
I've been dying to say this without sounding annoying but maybe that's impossible for me- I literally have a wig that looks like your hair except with slight ombre near the end to be a bit lighter. It is my 2nd favourite one after the one that looks like caribeandiva's cut

GettingKinky

I've been dying to say this without sounding annoying but maybe that's impossible for me- I literally have a wig that looks like your hair except with slight ombre near the end to be a bit lighter. It is my 2nd favourite one after the one that looks like caribeandiva's cut
Thanks!! That’s not annoying at all. And I want to lighten my ends at some point to maybe a reddish brown.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Curl activator seems to be the way to go if I have a glycerin gel. I’ll be washing today again. So I’ll test it with something else.
I’m going see if SM is still making the soufflé. That is the natural alternative for curl activator gel long term.

LavenderMint

Being part of the digital salon & reading the A’s responses to ppl on IG, has permanently messed me up :spinning: Now when I see YT vids I’m constantly questioning what they mean when they use certain terms. Makes my head hurt.

My curly cut refresh is coming up on 1/29.... I’m excited. I think I’ll wash like regular on that Tuesday & use UFD. I’m fairly sure my hair has grown out of the original cut.

colorful_coils

Hello! What do y'all recommend for topper/anti-humectant/strong hold gels? I used UFD Curly Magic over Camille Rose Coconut Water Leave In + Miche Beauty Sculpt Curl Defining Gel, and my hair is moisturized, but frizzy.