Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

toaster

It’s been 16 weeks or so since my haircut and I definitely feel like my hair is getting longer.

I timed today’s CCS and it was 1 hour and 27 minutes.

I made sure to get my hair very heavy with water and UFD in the shower. Applied a generous amount of earthtones max gel, and now I’m under the dryer.

I usually work out with my hair down, but it’s starting to stick to my neck, so I’m going to try pulling it up into a pineapple.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I just completed my first wash day since reincorporatong the Dyson and it went well.

Currently, the key for me is drying first with the Dyson, which quickly locks in the cast and shine, then sitting under the hooded dryer to finish.

In the future, I probably need to buy a better, hotter hooded dryer. I'm sitting under it now and I swear it's barely warm. But it will have to wait because I've spent way too much money the last 2 months on hair.

toaster

Side profiles of December 13 vs today. The sides are definitely coming down!

This picture is making me want to try my Kinky Curly combo again because I got such great definition. I wonder if the curling custard can be used over UFD.

Attachments

• 7D62AAF4-B08D-4470-A4B8-D90CE34AC6F1.jpeg
    7D62AAF4-B08D-4470-A4B8-D90CE34AC6F1.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 30

toaster

Attachments

• 8DB0FEA5-6160-45F6-881E-FF6999D6E7D2.jpeg
    8DB0FEA5-6160-45F6-881E-FF6999D6E7D2.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

faithVA

@faithVA I know your hair isn’t this long, but I was thinking about this bandana style and I think it would look good on you. You wouldn’t have to worry about fluffing your sides.

Thank you for thinking of me. It is very cute. Due to my shrinkage I think I still need a few months before my hair can really even show over the scarf. I tried it in the bathroom a minute ago. But I will keep this for future reference.

faithVA

OK this may not be news but it is news to me. I usually buy the 32 oz UFD and put it in an 18 oz bottle. It just seemed to easier initially in the shower. But over the weekend, I pulled out the 32 because I was in a hurry. I didn't pay much attention then but this morning I was thinking, I get more out of a pump from the 32 oz bottle than the 18 oz bottle. And I like the amount the 32 oz bottle gives me. I just never thought about it before :ohwell:

So, I did this thing. I bought a plastic cape to help me keep my clothes dry. I used it a few times but I didn't like it, so I threw it away. During the winter on my CCS days I would wear a button up sweater so I could get dressed after doing my hair. Then I got a better idea. I went to Kohls and bought a button down white shirt which is 2 sizes up. Now I put on a plastic cap and whatever shirt/blouse I am going to wear. Then I cover it with the white shirt and do my hair.

That's my news for today :lol:

faithVA

This morning I clarified, shampooed, conditioned, applied UFD and then styled. I think this took me 35 minutes. I like the Elucence clarifying shampoo. Fortunately, since it takes so little, I think I will have it for 12 years :lol: I followed this with the diluted Elucence moisturiizing shampoo.

I used to go to Regis way back in the day and the stylist there told me to clarify. I don't remember her saying I needed to follow it with a moisturizing shampoo. And I'm sure ladies on the board mentioned it but somehow I missed it. I think if I had known this I would not have been so afraid of clarifying. My hair feels great when I clarify but don't try to put your hands through it. Then following it with the moisturizing shampoo, my hair just becomes so supple.

My hair looks the best right after the shampoo. If I could just stop there and not add anything else to it, I would be golden. Right after the shampoo, my hair is wavy and shiny and smooth.

toaster

Wow @faithVA you're reading minds today.

1- I love the 32 ounce UFD. The amount that comes out of the pump is just right.

2- I was thinking about buying a cape to wear while I style my hair outside of the shower, but an oversized button down would work just as well!

3- I’m stubborn and follow my clarifying shampoo with conditioner. I’ll try following with a moisturizing shampoo when I use it again. I use the carols daughter wash day delight as a clarifier and I love it.

4- I’m glad you had an easy wash day!

VictoriousBrownFlower

While I'm chilling for the month, I'm waiting for my new color to come. I think fixing my color will help my mood.
In the meantime, I'm going to just reset this weekend with a clarifying session and go back to what I did last year. Just basic CCS with just UFD as a styler and just air dry. That will keep it simple.
i'm gonna use joico color intense in ametyst purple and magenta to dye my hair purple.... its a really great color but its only and demi or semi (not sure which)... i'm scared to color my hair lighter... i dont wanna mess up my hair...

faithVA

Wow @faithVA you're reading minds today.

1- I love the 32 ounce UFD. The amount that comes out of the pump is just right.

2- I was thinking about buying a cape to wear while I style my hair outside of the shower, but an oversized button down would work just as well!

3- I’m stubborn and follow my clarifying shampoo with conditioner. I’ll try following with a moisturizing shampoo when I use it again. I use the carols daughter wash day delight as a clarifier and I love it.

4- I’m glad you had an easy wash day!
If you want an oversized one, you can also get a mans shirt. I may go for that as well. The one I bought I can go on camera with it and no one would know.

I think the A's said that following a clarifier with a moisturizing shampoo adds something back to your hair. I don't remember what but that is why they said to use it first. I also think some people were or wanted to shampoo twice. Shampooing twice with clarifying shampoo is probably too much for most hair but the moisturizing shampoo seems to bring balance back to my hair. I can hear my hair breath a sigh of relief.