Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

toaster

Thanks ladies for all the support and suggestions!

Im pretty sure once all of my layers are firmly shoulder length (towards the end of the year) I’ll go have my hair cut in a u-shape with NO LAYERS FOR VOLUME.

I want my hair cut like a straight cut. I think that will be cute and will stay cute as I keep growing it out.

Hopefully something like this (but shorter since my hair is still short):

Attachments

• 4278ADD0-02C7-40FC-840B-36D437210841.jpeg
    4278ADD0-02C7-40FC-840B-36D437210841.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

faithVA

Thanks ladies for all the support and suggestions!

Im pretty sure once all of my layers are firmly shoulder length (towards the end of the year) I’ll go have my hair cut in a u-shape with NO LAYERS FOR VOLUME.

I want my hair cut like a straight cut. I think that will be cute and will stay cute as I keep growing it out.

Hopefully something like this (but shorter since my hair is still short):
I like the U shape. Wishing you happy and fast hair growing.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Africa’s Pride Moisture Miracle gel is a nice cheap alternate. It’s a soft hold though. Worked well with the As I Am gel. I like mostly all of the AP Moisture miracle line though. The curling cream is bomb as well as the LI in the jar. The mousse I wasn’t interested in.

Attachments

• 2D55CF87-639F-448C-B67E-A84A466471C9.jpeg
    2D55CF87-639F-448C-B67E-A84A466471C9.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 40

faithVA

I reset my hair this morning before work and it seemed to take FOREVER. OMG!

Since my color is still fresh, I didn't shampoo. I want to give it a week before shampoo hits my head. But even without shampooing, I still had color running everywhere :nono:

I rinsed and then applied conditioner and worked that in. I didn't detangle because I could tell my hair didn't need it, which is unusual.
I put some UFD in a water bottle and really diluted it. And you really do have to dilute it like 1 to 10 for it to break down.

After rinsing out the conditioner, I applied the diluted gel to my hair and let it sit while I showered. What it did was keep my hair from drying out and my hair held a lot of water which it doesn't usually do. I'm going to keep playing with this step and see if I will keep it and if I keep it when I want to do it.

I started in the back and put on the UFD. Since my hair had so much water in it now, it was hard to apply the UFD :lol: The problems I have. So I added a bit more than usual. I did a section and then was going to apply the ICH right on top of that. But I couldn't get the dang pump on the ICH bottle to work. So I just pushed it aside and pulled out the Aunt Jackie's and put that on each section.

I think I can use bigger sections but I will play around with that. At the end I added more water to all the sections. Still trying to figure out Peppermint Pattie. She seems to want more water but then I'm not sure if that is going to cause frizz.

When I got out of the shower, I slapped some ICH on top of all of that. Now instead of shaking vigorously, I just give it a mini shake.

I'm still loving my color. I think even if set doesn't turn out well, it looks better with color :lol:

I'm going to have to get faster with this midweek set. But maybe once I really figure out what steps to keep and which to ditch it will be OK.

GettingKinky

Today is day 4, still loving the Jello Shot. When I wash next time I will use a little less UFD and Jello Shot. I really like this topper. I'll buy another jar tomorrow. The only reason I'm buying one jar is b/c of the shelf life.
I set the alarm on my phone to remind me to buy Jell-O shot tomorrow. I wish the shelf life was longer. I would get 2 or 3.

LavenderMint

I’m washing again tonight. Gonna try the Big Poppa on its own.
My hair feeeeeeels like it’s coated & dry.... like the difference between a clean chalkboard and one that was just erased.

Won’t be purchasing any more Camille Rose products either. Just not very pleased with their products & never really have been. If I can, I’ll donate my unopened products to a local women’s shelter.

LavenderMint

I started my hair around 7 in the shower & right now I am sitting under my brand new rolling dryer, with 85% dry hair- at 10:15. I’m not even sure why this was so quick!! my roots are still damp with gel but that’s a quick fix. I am extremely happy with the preliminary look of this set, even with my hair blown all out of shape by the dryer. Need to tweak my seating arrangement but this is loads better than trying not to be burned by the lava hot hard bonnet dryer I have.

I didn’t keep putting my head under the water but I did go back to something I used to do because my hair dries SO quickly: put a plastic cap over the sections I’m not working with yet so they don’t have the chance to dry out quite as quickly. For the front of my head specifically, I also kept wetting my hair and squishing the water/gel in with water in my hand.

That Big Poppa/Mousse Def combo had my hair feeling stripped & rough once it was rinsed out. Usually, the gel from my set is enough to begin the finger detangling process while it’s being rinsed out. My hair felt hard, rough & was webbed beyond belief. This is why I’m so shocked this process has only been 3hrs so far. I took my time washing, conditioning & carefully detangling with the Camille Rose Ginger Mint Rinse & the Pear Custard Conditioner. Of course, it helped that it’s only been a couple of days since I washed before but this is amazingly quick for me.

I want to try the jello-shot but anything that has to live in the fridge is not going to be used. Three bottles of vitamin c serum taught me that.

faithVA

@LavenderMint I thought I wouldn’t use the ecoslay because it lives in the fridge, but I just grab it before I head into the bathroom and so far I haven’t forgotten to put it back after I’m done. But I wish it could just live in the shower with the rest of my products.
You know if I get it I'm going to test how long it last in the shower. I will just put a small amount in a jar and see how long before it goes bad. That way I can keep some in the shower and some in the fridge :lol: You know I'm always pushing the envelope.

LavenderMint

You know if I get it I'm going to test how long it last in the shower. I will just put a small amount in a jar and see how long before it goes bad. That way I can keep some in the shower and some in the fridge :lol: You know I'm always pushing the envelope.
:laugh: I will definitely be watching out for this experiment
@Bette Davis Eyes I was considering that after looking like I got caught in a windstorm lol but I put my bonnnet on & that seemed to have encouraged it all to go back where it’s supposed to. And you are right, so far I’m loving the performance of the gel. The cast is not as hard as Wetline but it’s loads better than using it over the foam. I was going to try to make this last until next Friday but with the new dryer being so efficient, I might be able to go back to doing a midweek wash, especially with summer around the corner.