Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

LavenderMint

I am a convert.
In-shower gel application is a complete game changer. The installation of a medium sized suction cup basket to hold the bottle of UFD made this so much easier. The ability to actually WET my hair vs misting or using my hands to apply water to the gelled sections made the results so different. I didn’t twist up my sections but just put clips towards the ends so they'd stay somewhat separate while I washed off & dressed before the 2nd gel.
The AJ flaxseed gel was topper this go round. My hair looked extremely similar to @Bette Davis Eyes & @toaster in the fact that it was so wet it still had the waves I usually only have during the wash & condition portion when my hair is soaked to the max.
The only drawback this wash day is that I put my bonnet on while my ends were still damp and on my shoulders. They hung outside the hood dryer so of course they were. Sadly, they tangled together and bunched up. A handheld dryer is really going to be a necessity.

I’ll take & post a picture tomorrow.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I can’t do my hair in the shower. It’s convenient but boy do I feel like I’m missing spots. I can cowash in there really quick but a full wash day. Nah. My hats off to y’all.

I washed my hair in the sink tonight and was happy as pie. I used TMC braid out glaze over this Brazilian faux Wet line gel I found and my hair looks beautiful. The hold is medium but the shine is stellar. I love the braid out glaze for braids outs but someone mentioned the wet line combo. I’m going to play around with the combinations but this might be my base going forward.

EmmJaii

I may try this. You do it after your hair is 100% dry?

As for styles for old WnG my favorite is half up half down. I also like putting my hair in a banana clip ponytail.
Yes ma’am!

I did a quick CCS today just because I needed to get my hair wet to keep it hydrated. I was so tired (and honestly hungover from a comedy show hubby and I went to last night) so I did a quick abbreviated wash n go, knowing it would come out terrible but buy me some time. Washed twice, conditioned, used UFD in 4 sections then added KCCC by section. Took me like 35 minutes. Y’all. My hair looks exactly the same as it does when I spend a full 1.5 hours, with just a softer feel (almost no gel cast).

I think because I tend to fluff my hair anyway, and prefer to redo it every 4-5 days, the full routine may not be necessary every single wash day. I’m going to try to do this abbreviated method for a few more washes to see how I like it. No need to put in all the other work unless I’m going on vacation or I need my hair to last for a week.

Last edited:

bubbles12345

Yes ma’am!

I did a quick CCS today just because I needed to get my hair wet to keep it hydrated. I was so tired (and honestly hungover from a comedy show hubby and I went to last night) so I did a quick abbreviated wash n go, knowing it would come out terrible but buy me some time. Washed twice, conditioned, used UFD in 4 sections then added KCKT by section. Took me like 35 minutes. Y’all. My hair looks exactly the same as it does when I spend a full 1.5 hours, with just a softer feel (almost no gel cast).

I think because I tend to fluff my hair anyway, and prefer to redo it every 4-5 days, the full routine may not be necessary every single wash day. I’m going to try to do this abbreviated method for a few more washes to see how I like it. No need to put in all the other work unless I’m going on vacation or I need my hair to last for a week.
Just want to confirm, so you used KCKT on top of UFD? (And not KCCC on top of UFD?)

If so interesting. Maybe I'll try that one day.

GettingKinky

Embrace natural beauty did an Instagram story about how she gets her hair cut and how it’s a 2D shape versus 3D. I responded and sent her pictures of my hair and she is soooo nice.

I will go to her shop end of year or early next year.
I didn’t see her story but I was just thinking that her is 2D like yours. I think she’s going to be a great stylist for you since she cares so much about length retention.

faithVA

Took me a minute to get caught up. I'm just nodding in agreement with everything said :yep:

My ecoslay arrived today. I opened one just to see it. It looks nice and thick. It has a funny smell though. :ohwell:

I have no idea when I will do another wash and go to try it. Maybe some magic dust will hit me on the head over the weekend.

Last edited: