Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

oneastrocurlie

I used UFD and KCCC. I may have used a bit too much of one of them. My hair looks good but it's quite sticky. No flaking though and I still have movement.

I didn't use Olaplex this wash. My hair feels less defined at the roots and I had more hair in my comb while detangling. I may back it down to using it every other wash day vs every wash. Using it makes my wash day longer but I do like how my hair behaves after.

I may have unlocked a cheat code. I banded my hair after it was dry and then sat back under the dryer. (I couldn't tell if my hair was sticky because it was still wet or not so I sat under it for few extra minutes after diffusing a little.) Resulted in a nice stretched look. Will experiment with this more.

LavenderMint

With time, what I have noticed about the evolution of this last particular wash day (where I applied UFD in the shower & rewet) is that it also made it clear that my hair has grown into my cut. Previously, I was worried because my sides would look very strange & uneven over a week’s time. The shape looks MUCH better done this way & I’m no longer worried.

toaster

Can we talk about “wash hour?”

Is it really taking everyone an hour to cleanse, condition, style and dry your hair? It takes me an hour and 15 (with showering and shaving) to cleanse, condition and style, but then I still spend 45 minutes to an hour under the dryer.

Am I doing something wrong?

faithVA

Is it really taking everyone an hour to cleanse, condition, style and dry your hair? It takes me an hour and 15 (with showering and shaving) to cleanse, condition and style, but then I still spend 45 minutes to an hour under the dryer.

I think the hour only applies to the CCS. It doesn't include drying time. When I go to the salon because my hair is short and someone else is doing it, I get the complete CCS, cut and drying time within 1 hour. But that isn't realistic for me to do myself.

Your hair is much longer. Could you shorten it some? Probably! But will you be able to CCS and dry and have your hair look like you want and last by doing it within 1 hour? Doubtful!

sunshinebeautiful

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Mine amounts to about the time that you're spending as well. Ain't no way I could cleanse, condition, style, AND dry within an hour.

GettingKinky

I can do the CCS in about 45 minutes. And then because I’m impatient I only diffuse for 10 minutes. But after I get out of the shower I get dressed and do my face routine so the whole thing usually takes me 55-75 minutes. And DH still complains that I spend “forever” in the bathroom.

And like @faithVA said the As don’t include dry time in the wash hour.

faithVA

I watched a stylist wash and go YouTube video yesterday and I swear she tried to put the entire bottle of UFD in her hair. Her hair was definitely heavy with product and water but I was like :nono:

But the next time I do a wash and go I may try her method of alternating gel, water, gel. But if I follow her technique I would definitely have to sit under the dryer. Her hair was like a wet blanket.

EmmJaii

Nope you’re doing just fine! Even with my abbreviated method where I CCS in 35 mins, my hair isn’t fully dry for another 4-5 hours, even after 45 mins of sitting under the dryer. The CCS portion is the only part the As count in “wash hour”.
I watched a stylist wash and go YouTube video yesterday and I swear she tried to put the entire bottle of UFD in her hair. Her hair was definitely heavy with product and water but I was like :nono:

But the next time I do a wash and go I may try her method of alternating gel, water, gel. But if I follow her technique I would definitely have to sit under the dryer. Her hair was like a wet blanket.
Can you share which stylist it was? I’m curious because I’m looking for a way to add more weight for elongation so I don’t have to stretch with heat regularly.

EmmJaii

My first attempt at the abbreviated method for my CCS last week may have been able to last 5 days, but was a little more fluffy than I’m used to on day 4 so I re-did it. This time I used KCKT with KCCC, but I applied KCKT exactly the same way I apply UFD and I think that was a game changer. I used to apply it like a leave in, but this time I kept adding water to it and applying more before I put on the KCCC. My hair is really shiny, soft with a slight cast, and elongated more so than with UFD and KCCC. I really like it. Too bad I have like 4 bottles of UFD in my stash that I would have to use up before I could switch to this permanently.

LavenderMint

@toaster my earthtones naturals gel arrived this week & I’m planning to use it tonight. Are there any “best practice” tips or things that you’ve noticed & I should keep in mind? I’m going to rewatch Embrace Natural Beauty’s video on it beforehand too. Kinda hopeful this one works. It’s always nice to have options for changing situations.

toaster

@toaster my earthtones naturals gel arrived this week & I’m planning to use it tonight. Are there any “best practice” tips or things that you’ve noticed & I should keep in mind? I’m going to rewatch Embrace Natural Beauty’s video on it beforehand too. Kinda hopeful this one works. It’s always nice to have options for changing situations.
Yay! So glad it arrived!

It’s very chunky and doesn’t emulsify well. For me, it applies best in the shower. I apply curly magic, get my hair wet again, and then use about a dime sized amount for each smaller section of my hair (18-20 sections for my whole head).

Embrace natural beauty applies it outside of the shower, but she does note it doesn’t emulsify very well. You have to just get it on your hair and then spread.

Let me know how you like it! I know it’s hit or miss, but it definitely gives me my favorite wash and go.

OhTall1

Today's WNG
Washed with Olaplex shampoo and conditioner, Camille Rose leave in, Uncle Funky gel