Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

GettingKinky

I used to be in a hurry for my hair to get longer. But now I’m enjoying my current length. Especially on day 1 and 2 before it starts to shrink up.

My hair is so boring now. I have a huge stash of products so I don’t need to buy anything. (except more Olaplex 3). I have my technique down, and I’m not super eager for growth - but I’ll take it when it comes.

Taking care of my hair is about as exciting as my skin care routine.

toaster

I used to be in a hurry for my hair to get longer. But now I’m enjoying my current length. Especially on day 1 and 2 before it starts to shrink up.

My hair is so boring now. I have a huge stash of products so I don’t need to buy anything. (except more Olaplex 3). I have my technique down, and I’m not super eager for growth - but I’ll take it when it comes.

I love this. It’s boring, but knowing what works for you and doing it means your hair is healthy and will continue to be healthy.

I’m also bored with my skincare routine, so I treat myself a facial every few months as something fun.

If Abena’s salon was closer, I’d go get a professional styling in between trims. Just to try new products and chat about hair.

GettingKinky

I love this. It’s boring, but knowing what works for you and doing it means your hair is healthy and will continue to be healthy.

I’m also bored with my skincare routine, so I treat myself a facial every few months as something fun.

If Abena’s salon was closer, I’d go get a professional styling in between trims. Just to try new products and chat about hair.
I get that. I’m trying to decide when I go for my next maintenance cut if I’ll have my stylist do my hair just to see what different products do.

And I have so much UFD/Jello shot and Inner Peace that I can’t even think about buying something new.

and I have a decent amount of ICH and Mousse Def so I can’t even buy the new mousse I want to try.

DVAntDany

I think you should try no part and see how that turns out.

Your niece may just be in tune to how you feel about your hair. It is definitely different. When you find what you love, she will love it too :yep:
I might just do that because I will still need volume for the middle part.

Oh, she has been complaining since my hair first came out. We are finally making progress because she has stopped asking me what happened to my hair and if I cut it. I showed her videos of it coming out.

Maybe she is picking up on something. She hasn’t called it ugly and she is quick to give her opinion. She has been telling me that my new glasses are ugly and I need to go back to my tiger stripe ones (tortoise shell).

DVAntDany

Today AG finally announced the Fresh Curl via email. Last week I stopped by Ulta when heading to the vet. The associate knew nothing about Fresh Curl when I asked. She also told me AG doesn’t sell well. At another location I frequent, they are always running out and restocking on AG. I guess it differs from state to state.

DVAntDany

I haven’t progressed to that level…yet. I can’t wait to be on auto pilot and move on to the next obsession. Lol

I can say that there are things that I’m enjoying while exploring hair care again. I like seeing what my hair can do. Plus, this is the healthiest and cleanest my scalp has been in the past few years.

While I delve back into the subject of hair, I am more willing to do other’s hair as well. A year and a half ago, you couldn’t even pay me to touch anyone else’s hair. That practically included my own. I was totally over hair. I am making progress. Last month I put in tiny box braids for my mom and last week I did a wng for my aunt. So this interest is beneficial to others.

GettingKinky

I haven’t progressed to that level…yet. I can’t wait to be on auto pilot and move on to the next obsession. Lol
I’ve been obsessed with my hair for about 11 years now. I’ve gone from relaxed to texlaxed wearing braidouts to natural (bunning all the time) to finally wash n go’s. It took me about 3.5 years to master my wash n go (but I stopped trying for 1 year in 2018)

My other obsession has been working out. That’s been for the last ~7 years.

Earlier this year I was a bit obsessed with skin care, but I think I have figured out my routine.

I need to figure out my next obsession.

DVAntDany

I’ve been obsessed with my hair for about 11 years now. I’ve gone from relaxed to texlaxed wearing braidouts to natural (bunning all the time) to finally wash n go’s. It took me about 3.5 years to master my wash n go (but I stopped trying for 1 year in 2018)

My other obsession has been working out. That’s been for the last ~7 years.

Earlier this year I was a bit obsessed with skin care, but I think I have figured out my routine.

I need to figure out my next obsession.
I guess birds of a feather flock together.

What would you like to do next?

I find that I take an indefinite break when I’m failing, overwhelmed or comfortable with a subject matter. I strive to be methodical and highly conscientiousness in my approach to my many varied interests, but the lazy bug has hit me.

I’m no longer able to multitask. So I’m taking one interest at a time. It doesn’t help that my skin has gone bunkers or my physics agility gone down to zero. Therefore, I don’t care as much as I should. I feel a little defeated.

I’ve been given another opportunity to do a Spartan race that I signed up for in 2019. I’m not in any shape physically or mentally to do 3 miles with 20+ obstacles. Right now my training consists of only practicing berpees. You have to do 30 when you fail an obstacle. So you can guess how many obstacles I think I can pass. Lol

As much as it might seem like I’m complaining, I’m actually enjoying my hair. My discernment can come across as critical.

DVAntDany

I used adwoa beauty curl defining cream and design essentials mousse. I have a very soft and moisturized curly fro lol. I'll need to reset in a few days. I'm already betting on a puff tomorrow.

That cream is officially for twists only.
Do you find the design essentials mousse to be softer than Mousse Def?

Did the mousse give any significant hold?

I love soft hair. I’m about ready to restyle my hair on the daily just so I can have that feeling.

oneastrocurlie

Do you find the design essentials mousse to be softer than Mousse Def?

Did the mousse give any significant hold?

I love soft hair. I’m about ready to restyle my hair on the daily just so I can have that feeling.

Hmmm I put the doux and design essentials on same level. They are interchangeable to me.

The Mousse isn't giving much of any hold paired with this cream. It curbed frizz and added a wee bit of extra definition.

I did style on pretty wet hair and added some water as I went. That probably diluted the mousse even more resulting in a light hold.

GettingKinky

I guess birds of a feather flock together.

What would you like to do next?

I find that I take an indefinite break when I’m failing, overwhelmed or comfortable with a subject matter. I strive to be methodical and highly conscientiousness in my approach to my many varied interests, but the lazy bug has hit me.

I’m no longer able to multitask. So I’m taking one interest at a time. It doesn’t help that my skin has gone bunkers or my physics agility gone down to zero. Therefore, I don’t care as much as I should. I feel a little defeated.

I’ve been given another opportunity to do a Spartan race that I signed up for in 2019. I’m not in any shape physically or mentally to do 3 miles with 20+ obstacles. Right now my training consists of only practicing berpees. You have to do 30 when you fail an obstacle. So you can guess how many obstacles I think I can pass. Lol

As much as it might seem like I’m complaining, I’m actually enjoying my hair. My discernment can come across as critical.
The Spartan race looks fun, but intimidating. Training comes back fast don’t get too discouraged.

I think I might try my hand at abstract painting. How hard can it be :lachen:

I’m glad you’re enjoying your hair. It’s a very fun obsession

Last edited:

DVAntDany

The Spartan race looks fun, but intimidating. Training comes back fast don’t get too discouraged.

I think I might try my hand at abstract painting. How hard can it be :lachen:

I’m glad you’re enjoying your hair. It’s a very fun obsession
I’m not ready but I’m still doing it. I just want my number paper/badge. I have to make it to the end without being disqualified to get a shirt.

Let’s not forget that many (over analyzing Art Critics) believe Jackson Polluck consciously applied the mathematical principal of fractals to his early drip art. I don’t care what anyone says. It still looks like someone randomly **** a paint enema on top of canvas. No matter anyone else’s beliefs, it should be fun to do. You’ll enjoy it.

Speaking of art, I have a cloth doll obsession. When I’m motivated again, I will finally try making cloth sculptures like Lisa Lichtenfels. I love her work and I want to try my hand at it.
http://www.lisalichtenfels.net/pages/technique.html

Yes, I will continue to have fun with my hair. It’s been some years.

DVAntDany

Going to wash my hair tonight, but UFD and Jell-O shot held up all weekend in Miami. I kept getting compliments and comments about how I had no frizz.

I need to do a product clean out and just keep using what I know works.
Man, I keep looking at these videos on it and its so tempting to try. Jell-O Shot and Frozen Drip and Grip sound awesome in what they can do. How is the shine of Jell-O Shot in your opinion?

toaster

Man, I keep looking at these videos on it and its so tempting to try. Jell-O Shot and Frozen Drip and Grip sound awesome in what they can do. How is the shine of Jell-O Shot in your opinion?
My hair is definitely shiny with Jell-O shot, but my strands are for the most part smooth, so I think my hair would have some sheen to it any way? I’m not sure. I like for my hair to be shiny, makes it look moisturized in my opinion.

GettingKinky

I’m not ready but I’m still doing it. I just want my number paper/badge. I have to make it to the end without being disqualified to get a shirt.

Let’s not forget that many (over analyzing Art Critics) believe Jackson Polluck consciously applied the mathematical principal of fractals to his early drip art. I don’t care what anyone says. It still looks like someone randomly **** a paint enema on top of canvas. No matter anyone else’s beliefs, it should be fun to do. You’ll enjoy it.

Speaking of art, I have a cloth doll obsession. When I’m motivated again, I will finally try making cloth sculptures like Lisa Lichtenfels. I love her work and I want to try my hand at it.
http://www.lisalichtenfels.net/pages/technique.html

Yes, I will continue to have fun with my hair. It’s been some years.
I’m a very analytical person so I could see myself using math to do my abstract art.

Those doll/sculptures are pretty cool!

GettingKinky

I am so annoyed with UFD. I didn’t like it when I first tried it for a number of reasons, but now it has grown on me and I get great results with it. But all these shenanigans with the ingredients really makes me angry. I kind of regret buying more during the Labor Day sale.

Last edited:

GettingKinky

Are you ladies letting your jello shot come to room temp before using it? I'm going to put some in a separate jar because squeezing out of a pouch seems weird.
I take might straight from the fridge to the shower. By the time I use it, it’s been sitting out for probably 20-30 minutes.
I’m going to save one of my jello shot jars to use for when I’m ready to start using my pouches.
when my pouches arrive I’m going to keep them in the freezer. I don’t think I’ll be ready for my first pouch for a few months.

DVAntDany

Trying this new brush/paddle comb tonight. Hoping the longer bristles allows me to detangle faster.
ALove4Me has been talking about that paddle brush for the longest. Her comparison of how long it takes to use the brushes makes me consider getting one for Christmas along with the Tangle Teezer for Naturally Curly Hair.

Do you think the thicker bristles will get most of the shed hairs out?

toaster

ALove4Me has been talking about that paddle brush for the longest. Her comparison of how long it takes to use the brushes makes me consider getting one for Christmas along with the Tangle Teezer for Naturally Curly Hair.

Do you think the thicker bristles will get most of the shed hairs out?
I’m not sure! It definitely detangled my hair in larger sections but I still took my time. When I was raking in my stylers I had more shed hairs come out, so I think between detangling and styling all the hairs came out.

GettingKinky

I found that I like stiff versus flexible when it comes to dentangling tools. Which makes sense for me since for the longest I used a Hercules magic star seamless comb.
I have that comb - I used to love it. Now I t’s still sitting in my shower but I never use it any more. I have so many seamless combs and they are all just sitting around collecting dust.

oneastrocurlie

I have that comb - I used to love it. Now I t’s still sitting in my shower but I never use it any more. I have so many seamless combs and they are all just sitting around collecting dust.

Mine gets very little use now. I'll pull it out when coming out of braids or mini twists and want to detangle before washing. That's about it.

I need to pitch my Sally's 3 row comb. I haven't picked that one up in years.