Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

DVAntDany

What's going on with your hair? Why won't you have any?
Life is funny. Especially since things seem to repeat themselves. Yesterday, my best friend found out she is pregnant. With her first pregnancy she didn’t know until she was about six months along. So 10 years later she’s pregnant again. She 33 weeks as of today. Lol

Yesterday a lump popped up on my neck in the same exact area as before. I feel pain deep within my ear as before. I made it to my second hair appointment with an “acclaimed” hairstylist right when it decides to pop up just like before. So many things are repeating themselves.

Let’s hope I’m a hypochondriac and my body is just following suit. Otherwise, I’ll be back to taking treatments that are going to leave me temporarily bald. I can’t really have fun and play with my hair when it’s not on my head.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Life is funny. Especially since things seem to repeat themselves. Yesterday, my best friend found out she is pregnant. With her first pregnancy she didn’t know until she was about six months along. So 10 years later she’s pregnant again. She 33 weeks as of today. Lol

Yesterday a lump popped up on my neck in the same exact area as before. I feel pain deep within my ear as before. I made it to my second hair appointment with an “acclaimed” hairstylist right when it decides to pop up just like before. So many things are repeating themselves.

Let’s hope I’m a hypochondriac and my body is just following suit. Otherwise, I’ll be back to taking treatments that are going to leave me temporarily bald. I can’t really have fun and play with my hair when it’s not on my head.
don't claim it..... it could be anything... a lymph node, cyst, anything.... please dont just bow down to the suggestion... i believe u have a cold coming on and thats all it is in the name of Jesus AMEN!!!!!

Napp

Ms. Nobody

I hope its nothing serious! But please get it checked out as soon as possible to catch it early!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
My wash n go lasted one week! I'm so happy. I did need to refresh a few curls midweek but it has been very low maintenance. I shingled my hair and wear 7 small pineapples at night. It flaked just a little bit around the edges on day 6 but a little water sorted that out. This wash n go could actually go longer! It's still very defined except at the roots which is great because it gives me much needed volume!

I think the cloth covered telephone cord hair ties I used to pinapple are the key to getting the wash and go for so long. I researched my old posts and back when I wash and goed regularly that's what I used. Also it hasn't been as humid this week so weather played a part too.

I wonder if I can recreate this wash n go for this wash day!

Last edited:

DVAntDany

Thanks you all for the support. I really appreciate it. I'll be getting some CT scans next week.Whatever it is has not left me feeling good.

Light weight products are not the way to go when you don't feel like doing your hair. OMG, I had tangles when I finally got around to touching my head. Plus, Im not sure if double conditioning is right for me. I don't even like cowashing with a basic conditioner. My hair feels waxy and then becomes hard to detangle by the next session even if its the next day. I have to be in a mood to deal with all that.

@Missjaxon Thank you for letting me know that. I didn't even know they had Maddison Reed at Ulta. I had purchased it online. I just returned it. Man, I wish I had been checking that 50% off line up. Last week, I bought the Ouidad quench cream and gel and now they are half off. If I feel up to it, Im going to return them and then repurchase. LOL

@shebababy I don't see any frizz. I just see fluffy definition. So far, I haven't seen a mousse that gives gel like definition and complete frizz control for tighter textures. Did you prefer the results on wet hair more than damp hair? If so, have you tried any that have directions that say to use on wet hair? I can only think of 3 off the top of my head. Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse, Ouidad VitalCurl Soft Defining Mousse, and Be Kekoa Be Free Rose Water Mousse. @GettingKinky Yes, someone someday will finally try that rose water mousse.

I tried the DE mousse but while doing double conditioning. It didn't glide through my hair very well. Will try again using my normal routine. Surprisingly, the DE leave-in is suppose to be used on damp hair. So Im not sure if they are even formulated to be used together to help with slip. Regardless, the DE mousse left my hair feeling clean and soft. I felt no cast. I didn't feel that the definition was that great, but I was complimented on the smell and told I had lots of curls in my head by random people.

Im curious about that Johnson Baby Curl Defining Leave-in. I guess the holding ingredient is the hydroxyethylcellulose. Its even higher up than the pattern beauty curl gel. A leave-in with hold totally goes against BGC idea of a leave-in. Have you all seen their new free hair guide? They recommend a leave-in as no hold styler for lazy days or when one wants a soft fluffy style that lasts only one night. By the way, I was told by a stylist the reason they took down the ebook had nothing to do with an update and their hosting site issue. Someone supposedly stole something that was copy righted to them. I wonder if they are trying to avoid that from happening again by having the ebook only available on their member site kind of like kindle.

Lastly, Zotos All About Curls High Definition gel gets the job done. I agree its provides deep definition and gives good shine. It is super crunchy but can be scrunched out some.

shebababy

Thanks@shebababy I don't see any frizz. I just see fluffy definition. So far, I haven't seen a mousse that gives gel like definition and complete frizz control for tighter textures. Did you prefer the results on wet hair more than damp hair? If so, have you tried any that have directions that say to use on wet hair? I can only think of 3 off the top of my head. Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse, Ouidad VitalCurl Soft Defining Mousse, and Be Kekoa Be Free Rose Water Mousse.
I liked the mousse wash n go much betteron wet hair. My hair had much more volume applying it on wet hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Thanks you all for the support. I really appreciate it. I'll be getting some CT scans next week.Whatever it is has not left me feeling good.

Light weight products are not the way to go when you don't feel like doing your hair. OMG, I had tangles when I finally got around to touching my head. Plus, Im not sure if double conditioning is right for me. I don't even like cowashing with a basic conditioner. My hair feels waxy and then becomes hard to detangle by the next session even if its the next day. I have to be in a mood to deal with all that.

@Missjaxon Thank you for letting me know that. I didn't even know they had Maddison Reed at Ulta. I had purchased it online. I just returned it. Man, I wish I had been checking that 50% off line up. Last week, I bought the Ouidad quench cream and gel and now they are half off. If I feel up to it, Im going to return them and then repurchase. LOL

@shebababy I don't see any frizz. I just see fluffy definition. So far, I haven't seen a mousse that gives gel like definition and complete frizz control for tighter textures. Did you prefer the results on wet hair more than damp hair? If so, have you tried any that have directions that say to use on wet hair? I can only think of 3 off the top of my head. Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse, Ouidad VitalCurl Soft Defining Mousse, and Be Kekoa Be Free Rose Water Mousse. @GettingKinky Yes, someone someday will finally try that rose water mousse.

I tried the DE mousse but while doing double conditioning. It didn't glide through my hair very well. Will try again using my normal routine. Surprisingly, the DE leave-in is suppose to be used on damp hair. So Im not sure if they are even formulated to be used together to help with slip. Regardless, the DE mousse left my hair feeling clean and soft. I felt no cast. I didn't feel that the definition was that great, but I was complimented on the smell and told I had lots of curls in my head by random people.

Im curious about that Johnson Baby Curl Defining Leave-in. I guess the holding ingredient is the hydroxyethylcellulose. Its even higher up than the pattern beauty curl gel. A leave-in with hold totally goes against BGC idea of a leave-in. Have you all seen their new free hair guide? They recommend a leave-in as no hold styler for lazy days or when one wants a soft fluffy style that lasts only one night. By the way, I was told by a stylist the reason they took down the ebook had nothing to do with an update and their hosting site issue. Someone supposedly stole something that was copy righted to them. I wonder if they are trying to avoid that from happening again by having the ebook only available on their member site kind of like kindle.

Lastly, Zotos All About Curls High Definition gel gets the job done. I agree its provides deep definition and gives good shine. It is super crunchy but can be scrunched out some.
I really hated that zotos gel. I returned it the next day lol