Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

My SO has a holiday party coming up that is a little upscale. So that means I need to work on my wash and go between now and then so my hair looks like something. I'm so wishing for bun length hair right now :lol:

Since we are in fall and our humidity has decreased maybe my hair will act a little better. I'm going to play around with trio gel combinations
1. UFD + KKCC + Jello Shot
2. UFD + ICH + Jello Shot
3. UFD + [KKCC/ICH] + Aunt Jackies

Hopefully one of those works out.

DVAntDany

My SO has a holiday party coming up that is a little upscale. So that means I need to work on my wash and go between now and then so my hair looks like something. I'm so wishing for bun length hair right now :lol:

Since we are in fall and our humidity has decreased maybe my hair will act a little better. I'm going to play around with trio gel combinations
1. UFD + KKCC + Jello Shot
2. UFD + ICH + Jello Shot
3. UFD + [KKCC/ICH] + Aunt Jackies

Hopefully one of those works out.
That sounds like fun. I’m talking about both the upscale party and the product testing.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Everybody's update pics are looking so nice

@GettingKinky Love the Inspo
@toaster How has the move been? Seems like everybody is moving these days and putting in twists.
@faithVA Have you found some other contenders with good pricing yet?
@OhTall1 That's one of my fav. It does what all the rest of the heavy gels do, but dries fast and feels light weight once dry.
@Napp I'm hopping that you finally achieved the infamous 7 day WnG
@Nightingale I don't have coarse hair but I totally get certain ingredients giving extra oomph to the hair. I'm still trying to pin point mine.
I did acheive my 7 day wash and goes! I'm wearing wigs right now because It didn't make sense to keep my wash n goes so long and not go anywhere. (I'm working from home right now)

DVAntDany

I'm just now looking into the Curls line of products. I haven't even been a little bit interested in this company for over 10 years. Since some were saying that the Poppin Pineapple Jelly was almost the same as the Blueberry one, I decided to look into it. Some even said it left their hair shiny. You know me. I like looking at the full description and suggested directions. So I went on the website to see what it said. Diffusing is only offered on the BB jelly if volume is desired, but otherwise air dry. Also the only mention of diffusing on the site says to use cool or warm heat. On the PP jelly it only says to air dry. Same for the Goddess Curls Botanical Gelle. With the ultimate styling collection they basically say to use on freshly cleansed and conditioned hair.

Hmm, I wonder if me sitting under a hooded dryer on high heat has been affecting my shine potential. I've noticed that quite a few products I have tried over the year dried shinier air-drying. I know I messed up with the Mixed Chicks leave-in. They suggest air drying. If not, use low heat, but they still prefer air drying.I sat under the hooded dryer on hot. Also, CurlMix along with BGC suggests using low to medium heat for the CurlMix system. I usually do hot heat with this and luckily I've never gotten whiteness or flakes. Some of these products out here may not be working simply by using the "wrong" drying method and not knowing it.

Speaking of directions, have you all noticed that UFD changed the directions of the Curly Magic on their website? It now reflects that of the BGC method. It use to say apply leave-in on wet hair from root to tip and follow with a moisturizer. Then add a quarter sized dollop of Curly Magic to each section. Now it states to apply to soaking wet hair section by section and finger comb in.

I guess I'll have to contact Curls and see what they officially say about that. This also makes me curious about how fast their products air dry. If these products can air-dry in under 5 hours, then that is at the same rate of mousse for my hair. This might knock mousse all the way to the back burner.

GettingKinky

I screwed up and I am dreading my next wash day.
I got my hair colored and as usual I left the salon with damp hair with no product on it.

When I got home I was curious so I combed my hair out into an afro. The afro looked OK, but not round at all because of my cut.

The next day I wore my hair in puffs. This morning in the shower I wet my hair so I could put it in a bun

1 my hair is super tangled
2 my hair was taking forever to soak up water

wash day is going to be a NIGHTMARE. I will never do this again.

faithVA

I screwed up and I am dreading my next wash day.
I got my hair colored and as usual I left the salon with damp hair with no product on it.

When I got home I was curious so I combed my hair out into an afro. The afro looked OK, but not round at all because of my cut.

The next day I wore my hair in puffs. This morning in the shower I wet my hair so I could put it in a bun

1 my hair is super tangled
2 my hair was taking forever to soak up water

wash day is going to be a NIGHTMARE. I will never do this again.
Can you do some back to back conditioning sessions? Does that work for your hair? I usually put the conditioner in and let it sit for an hour and then add some water and gently detangle. Then I would condition again and then shampoo the next day.

Hope you figure out something :bighug:

GettingKinky

I finished my hair. It wasn’t so bad.

I washed with my moisture shampoo and then slathered my hair with 2 conditioners
- Briogeo Aloe+ Oat. (Has more slip than Innersense color radiance)
- Briogeo don’t despair repair

Instead of my usual 4 sections I detangled in 12 sections. I sat on the shower floor to do it so I didn’t get impatient.

I decided not to wear a wash n go so I slapped some UFD and then some MD in my hair and put it into 2 low ponytails and then I twisted each ponytail and pinned it up.

I’ll do a wash n go on Wednesday so my hair is ready for thanksgiving

yamilee21

From years of tips on this site, I have mastered the wash & (smooth/shingle &) go on my kids’ hair. Theirs look amazing in any weather, and can last a week with just a bit of refreshing from a bit of water & aloe vera spray. But mine? :nono: I don’t know what possessed me to try it again. (Well, this thread did, but I should have known better.:cry3:) The left side is a barely chin-length frizzy afro, the right side is flat, and the back, which has a small patch of loose curls that lost its way and landed on my head, just looks crazily uneven. This is why I stick to twist outs on my own hair, which are what my wash & go should look like, and take about the same amount of time. :lol: