Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

janaq2003

Welp..too lazy to do a blow out and press.. soo.. it's gonna be a wash and attempt to flat twist.. I think this time I'm gonna do them on dry hair instead of damp. It always tangles crazy when it's damp

DVAntDany

Has anyone used African pride curling cream for a wash n go? I'm wondering if it would work for my kinky curly wigs
From past experience, kinky curly extensions work very well with cream stylers especially ones like eden bodyworks and the sheamoisture smoothie. I haven't tried the African pride on any extensions, but I have on my hair. It didn't leave me completely white like the the dove one. I don't recall it having a hard hold either.

DVAntDany

I screwed up and I am dreading my next wash day.
I got my hair colored and as usual I left the salon with damp hair with no product on it.

When I got home I was curious so I combed my hair out into an afro. The afro looked OK, but not round at all because of my cut.

The next day I wore my hair in puffs. This morning in the shower I wet my hair so I could put it in a bun

1 my hair is super tangled
2 my hair was taking forever to soak up water

wash day is going to be a NIGHTMARE. I will never do this again.
In an effort to find a soft feeling wash and go, I wound up with many afros. Mini pineapples at night and detangling pre poos helped. Something about having diffused curls always left me with tangles if I went more than a day or two without restyling and doing my regular ccs routine.

What @faithVA makes so much sense. Using lubricating products and braiding it up nightly sound like a much more feasible plan.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
From past experience, kinky curly extensions work very well with cream stylers especially ones like eden bodyworks and the sheamoisture smoothie. I haven't tried the African pride on any extensions, but I have on my hair. It didn't leave me completely white like the the dove one. I don't recall it having a hard hold either.
I don't mind if it doesn't has too much hold for my wigs. Its just going to be for my zoom call wig lol I found the perfect wig that looks like my hair texture and length. I'm so stoked! I bought some last night on a quick run to Walgreens because it was so cheap. So far it dried a little white in some spots but some parts are still not dry. I used a little dry oil on the white parts and that helped. Hopefully it will be dry by the time of my zoom meeting!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I haven’t, but I think the YouTube channel MADcurls has a few videos with African pride for wash and go’s. They liked the line overall.
I kinda am curious to see if they work in my hair too but its going to be a while before I do a wash and go again. It's too cold for me and winter didn't even hit yet lol

GettingKinky

I’m back to day 1 being my favorite day. When I first started doing WnG day 1 was my favorite because my hair was the most defined and it was the most flat.
Later I started disliking day 1 because it was stringy/jheri curlish.
Now with my cut and my current products, day 1 is back to being my favorite, well defined but with volume.
If I could get my entire routine down to 30 minutes I would do my hair 2x a week.

Britt

I get a gel overlay over my natural nails and never notice them deteriorating due to hair washing. I bet a few coats of nail polish would help!
hey there! Do you mean gel manicure or gel overlay? I see my nail salon offers uv gel tips/overlay. I'm wondering if it's the same thing as the uv gel nails that I got 13 years ago lol, they were really pretty and natural looking but the removal process was pretty brutal b/c the nail tech would have to file the nail down/off. It looked so nice when I would wear a pinkish nude or french manicure.

toaster

hey there! Do you mean gel manicure or gel overlay? I see my nail salon offers uv gel tips/overlay. I'm wondering if it's the same thing as the uv gel nails that I got 13 years ago lol, they were really pretty and natural looking but the removal process was pretty brutal b/c the nail tech would have to file the nail down/off. It looked so nice when I would wear a pinkish nude or french manicure.
Hi! I get a hard gel overlay, so its different from gel manicures we used to get. This is hard gel in a pot that’s applied over your natural nail and then cured under a light. If you go to a good salon, they will just file off the top layer of gel and let you soak the rest off of your nails. No need for your nails to be rough prior to gel application.

I usually get nail art, but they can definitely do a gel overlay and then paint your nails French or a nude color.

Britt

Hi! I get a hard gel overlay, so its different from gel manicures we used to get. This is hard gel in a pot that’s applied over your natural nail and then cured under a light. If you go to a good salon, they will just file off the top layer of gel and let you soak the rest off of your nails. No need for your nails to be rough prior to gel application.

I usually get nail art, but they can definitely do a gel overlay and then paint your nails French or a nude color.
Ahhhhhh thank you! You just jogged my memory, I remember the nail tech using nail gel out a pot and would carefully do my nails. I’m thinking of trying it again.

faithVA

I’m afraid to try the orange marmalade because too many with tightly textured curls have said that it turns white and even flakey on them. Too many product don’t sink into my hair and will leave me coated in white already. So I’ll sit on the sidelines and see how you all like it.
Yeah I can't use most aloe based products. I don't even try any more.

DVAntDany

I’m upset with my early Black Friday purchases. I tried both Ouidad’s Coil Infusion’s gels. They shipped out real quick. They both left me with crispy feeling hair that flaked. It flaked when I tried to fluff out my. I only tried because I watched a live where Jessica O’Brien demonstrated using the products on a live model. I will be returning.

I also tried Mizani oil gel with the cream leave-in. It’s super crispy too but lots of shine. At 1st it looked white but quickly turned to shine when I put on the oil. My mom liked the other products. So i

@faithVA Im not sure of the exact ingredient, but my hair doesn’t seem to absorb these hybrid gels with the exception of custards.