Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

Welp. Already off to a mediocre start. the salon rescheduled my hair appointment to tomorrow. Sent me a text 6 hours before my appointment time.
Did they apologize and ask if you can reschedule or did they just reschedule it?

Can you cancel altogether? I

I had a stylist here cancel all her appointments on Instagram. I didn't make my appointment on Instagram so why did you provide only that medium for cancellation :perplexed: I did not reschedule an appointment with her.

toaster

Did they apologize and ask if you can reschedule or did they just reschedule it?

Can you cancel altogether? I

I had a stylist here cancel all her appointments on Instagram. I didn't make my appointment on Instagram so why did you provide only that medium for cancellation :perplexed: I did not reschedule an appointment with her.
They apologized and asked to reschedule. It was very polite and they reached out individually via text. It’s very very cold here and their salon is closed, so I understand. (Tomorrow is supposed to even colder, so I’m confused, but I’ll give them a chance).

faithVA

They apologized and asked to reschedule. It was very polite and they reached out individually via text. It’s very very cold here and their salon is closed, so I understand. (Tomorrow is supposed to even colder, so I’m confused, but I’ll give them a chance).
OK. I think it is worth giving them a chance. To me they were at least respectful in their communication. Things come up and it is how it is handle that can make a difference.

faithVA

It is day 4 hair for me and it is still wearable. But I never push it because dry hair is breaking and tangling hair :nono:

Tonight, I will rinse, condition, apply leave-in and put in flat twist.

This weekend I will try to repeat what I did on Sunday. I said I was going to change things but I think the only thing I will change is to add just a wee bit more UFD all over and even more UFD on my bang. I will leave everything else the same this go round to see if I can get repeat results.

If I can get repeat results, then all I'm waiting on is warmer weather to wear them more often and increased length to maybe get more days out of a set.

oneastrocurlie

New combo for me: KCKT + ICH + smidgen of mousse.

I apply a very generous amount of knot today to soaking wet hair, add a little more water to spread around, then apply ICH in about 8ish section, misting water after apply the ICH (or spray some water in my hand after pumping the ICH). Lastly add pump of mousse to each section as I finished it.

GettingKinky

New combo for me: KCKT + ICH + smidgen of mousse.

I apply a very generous amount of knot today to soaking wet hair, add a little more water to spread around, then apply ICH in about 8ish section, misting water after apply the ICH (or spray some water in my hand after pumping the ICH). Lastly add pump of mousse to each section as I finished it.
I can’t wait to hear how it turns out.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I had a doctor’s appointment today and the nurse, some Eastern European woman, kept going on about how she liked my hair and she likes curly hair. Then she asks me is it your hair?
:rolleyes:
I’ve never been asked that before.
That means it looks thick and full like a wig! :drunk:
I really like it. This is actually my second time trying the combo. I used it last week too. This time I was a little more generous with the knot today
Your hair is beautiful and thick @oneastrocurlie :infatuated:

toaster

Under the dryer at the salon. It’s one of those deva shells that use your blow dryer. I’ve always wanted to buy one of these.

Anyway, im really enjoying my experience. She used UFD, ICH and inner peace on my hair. Totally understands that I prefer to wear my hair in a 2D cut vs 3D.

I plan to come back, maybe in February or march for a trim. Will post the final look when I’m done!

Kudos to black girl curls for training other hair stylists. I think we all know how to do our hair now. We’ve got the products. Practicing our techniques. But it’s nice that there’s more and more stylists that can handle tight curls.

Attachments

• AF479506-A213-4E74-ABB9-B8F9796A5B1A.jpeg
    AF479506-A213-4E74-ABB9-B8F9796A5B1A.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 41

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Under the dryer at the salon. It’s one of those deva shells that use your blow dryer. I’ve always wanted to buy one of these.

Anyway, im really enjoying my experience. She used UFD, ICH and inner peace on my hair. Totally understands that I prefer to wear my hair in a 2D cut vs 3D.

I plan to come back, maybe in February or march for a trim. Will post the final look when I’m done!

Kudos to black girl curls for training other hair stylists. I think we all know how to do our hair now. We’ve got the products. Practicing our techniques. But it’s nice that there’s more and more stylists that can handle tight curls.
What is a deva shell? I never heard of one. I need more deets!

toaster

Final results! A little fluffier than my usual day 1, but she used a lot less product than I do.

I’m going to book in with her for a trim, and whenever I don’t feel like doing my hair. Maybe every other month or so?

Attachments

• 39DB06A8-7DE1-4CE6-B529-04269552F6BB.jpeg
    39DB06A8-7DE1-4CE6-B529-04269552F6BB.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 382B85E2-779A-4308-BE6C-FF670885067B.jpeg
    382B85E2-779A-4308-BE6C-FF670885067B.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 33
  • B35CE1B1-A623-4710-8FAB-0294EC1F21EA.jpeg
    B35CE1B1-A623-4710-8FAB-0294EC1F21EA.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 35
  • D84DA87E-2CB1-46E0-A142-23FD7F047713.jpeg
    D84DA87E-2CB1-46E0-A142-23FD7F047713.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 44

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Final results! A little fluffier than my usual day 1, but she used a lot less product than I do.

I’m going to book in with her for a trim, and whenever I don’t feel like doing my hair. Maybe every other month or so?
Your hair looks great! I like the fluffy look. About how long is your hair when stretched? Your hair is goals for me!:infatuated:

@Napp it’s basically a hood with a hole for the hair dryer to sit in. It’s not an actual hair dryer, but it diffuses the heat from the blow dryer. I think they stopped making them, and only sold them to salons. I’ve always thought it was a great idea.
Oh wow this looks like a good idea. I have my cosmo license. I wonder if I can get one? :look: but I don't know if it would be worth it since I already have a hooded dryer and like using my Dyson diffuser.

DVAntDany

I have fine med-low density too. It also seems to be getting thinner which is why I faithfully take my Viviscal supplements. My hair has been thinning ever since I put that keratin/botox treatment in about a year ago. I have breakage at the new growth all over my head.

Yeah I feel like I've been in the awkward phase forever. My hair has literally stayed the same length due to the breakage I'm experiencing. Its time for me to start taking better care of my hair too.

I hated the way my hair looked so I decided to re moisturize my hair with Alikay Naturals Dulce curl lotion and shingled my hair. I diffused until dry. My hair looks much better. Its fuller and slightly less defined and soft. I don't know how long this will last though. I doubt I'll get through the week.
View attachment 478611
Have you thought about switching up your products? I used K18 treatment a few days ago and didn't have time to hop back in the shower to rewet my hair. My hair was almost dry by the time I had a chance to style it. So I used Mousse Def as my wetting agent and Mielle Rosemary Mint Styling Creme (cream gel) on top. I had volume from the beginning, but better definition + shine than mousse alone. This is my 3 day progression.
Hair Mousse Progression.JPG

I'm not sure if you want this much volume, but it beats waiting for gel to dry just to restyle over it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp nothing to add that the ladies haven’t already said but I have always loved your hair. Hopefully you reach the look and routine you are striving for soon. No matter what route you go, you’re doing a great job.

Aww thanks! I go though phases of liking and disliking my hair. I'm hoping by doing wash and goes more I can fully embrace my hair texture. I dont need the chemicals or anything to make my hair more manageable, I just have to learn how to manage my hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Have you thought about switching up your products? I used K18 treatment a few days ago and didn't have time to hop back in the shower to rewet my hair. My hair was almost dry by the time I had a chance to style it. So I used Mousse Def as my wetting agent and Mielle Rosemary Mint Styling Creme (cream gel) on top. I had volume from the beginning, but better definition + shine than mousse alone. This is my 3 day progression.
View attachment 478659

I'm not sure if you want this much volume, but it beats waiting for gel to dry just to restyle over it.
I ended up just spraying my hair with water and applying the curl cream on top. It made my hair white but it dried clear with no flakes. So far this wash and go looks pretty good. I'm on day 6 and its a little frizzy but still good. I wouldn't use this combo again though. It left me with dull hair. Next washday I will use the same gel but different leave in and shingle my hair. That way I hopefully wont have to redo my hair until next wash day.

faithVA

View attachment 478659

I love the way your hair is growing out. I especially like day 2 since I like big hair :lol: But I think it looks good and when you are ready to get it shaped, it won't need much at all.

toaster

@GettingKinky You know, I didn’t even realize she doesn’t have ridiculous schedule releases, etc. I just booked my trim with her in March! She’s owned this salon for 16 years and is deva and rezos certified. She went to her first cut it kinky lesson in 2020 and did the 1-1 mentoring work Aishia last September. I think she’s just staying on top of the trends of curly hair.