Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

I bought Trepadaro Bamboo Glaze and the Papaya Slip. They were out of the Gogi Berry shampoo. I have no idea how or when I'm going to use either of them but I'm still on the hunt for something to work with this VA humidity.

For now though, I'm back in twist because I just can't be bothered with these tight coils.

faithVA

:giggle: @faithVA

I must have been in your shopping cart. The other night I was trying to buy both from usa online retailers and couldnt get them both. I gave up on both and I ordered just the Bamboo glaze after seeing reviews on yt
I wanted to get the sample size from Trepadora but I just couldn't justify the shipping cost. Looking forward to seeing how it works for you. The Bamboo glaze is nice and thick. It probably works better in a jar than a bottle but will see. The papaya slip is not as thick of a consistency. I may try the papaya slip before the glaze and see how that works. But I will do some research.

My hair likes to absorb water from the air but it doesn't like to hold onto it :ohwell:

GettingKinky

I feel like I may have finally perfected my wash n go and it only took me 3.5 years.
The last key steps for me were

- measuring out my product so I use the same amount every ti

- making sure I don’t remove too much product from my roots when I smooth

- do LOTs of raking once all my product is applied- this keeps my hair from being too flat on day 1.

- dry my hair before I make my side part

I need to record this in my notes. Styling has never been this consistent for me.

faithVA

I feel like I may have finally perfected my wash n go and it only took me 3.5 years.
The last key steps for me were

- measuring out my product so I use the same amount every ti

- making sure I don’t remove too much product from my roots when I smooth

- do LOTs of raking once all my product is applied- this keeps my hair from being too flat on day 1.

- dry my hair before I make my side part

I need to record this in my notes. Styling has never been this consistent for me.
:yay: Glad you nailed it!

GettingKinky

I hate the state my hair is in after my hairdresser colors my grays. She doesn’t squish in water while she conditions and she detangles my hair after she rinses all the conditioner out.

it take my hair for ever to absorb water once she’s done with it, and detangling is a pain.

I wonder if I should ask her to detangle with the conditioner still in.

faithVA

I'm so lazy but I'm trying to do better. My hair has been in sloppy flat twist since the last time I did a wash and go. Finally washed my hair yesterday after putting it off for not sure how many days.

I've started by rinsing, applying conditioner and then detangling and removing shed hair. I try to make sure I don't add shampoo until I get out as much shed hair as possible. It really helps me avoid tangling and matting.

I shampooed once with diluted Elucence Moisturizing shampoo and then shampooed again with Madison Reed Color Shampoo.

I have to remember that I can get more water into my strands if I add slight tension to my hair with one of my brushes.

I wanted to do another K18 treatment so I stopped after the shampoo. I had some other things to do so I just let my hair air dry a bit and once it was dry I added K18 to 4 sections. I then got busy cooking and finally 4 hours later I applied deep conditioner to the 4 sections and twisted it up.

I was supposed to rinse this morning and try another wash and go but I'm either going to do it this afternoon and diffuse or do it tomorrow morning.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to wear my hair in twist or wear it curly while on vacation. The next two weeks will decide.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
UFD and Jello Shot flaked after day 3. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I also don't like the way JS curls my hair. The curls look so thin compared to something like the Doux Bee girl or Alikay Lemongrass Gel.

I want to give away my other Jello shot. Just pay shipping. I do not like any of Ecoslay's products.

faithVA

UFD and Jello Shot flaked after day 3. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I also don't like the way JS curls my hair. The curls look so thin compared to something like the Doux Bee girl or Alikay Lemongrass Gel.

I want to give away my other Jello shot. Just pay shipping. I do not like any of Ecoslay's products.
Are you using a leave-in or just applying UFD after conditioning? What is your ratio of Jello Shot to UFD? Maybe your ratios need an adjustment.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Took my kinky twists out after 4 weeks. I didn’t have the energy to wash today.

I’ll do it tomorrow after work. Not expecting amazing results because I need to hydrate my hair for a bit. When my hairs stretched for months my curls are very elongated and stringy. The more I hydrate the more we boing.

I am looking forwarding to steaming

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Currently steaming. Washing wasn’t too bad after 4 weeks. Decent amount of shed hair so far

I washed with AG balance and conditioned Authentic Beauty Concept Hydrate Conditioner.

currently steaming in Authentic Beauty Concept Hydrating Jelly with AG Nourish DC on top

I plan on trying out The Doux Custard and UFD Curly Magic as a leave in.