Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

GettingKinky

I have a protein conditioner that I used to use fairly regularly. But for some reason in February I stopped using it. Maybe because they changed the protein source.

anyway I used it this morning and my hair is holding more water than usual. I’m going to add this back as a regular part of my routine.

Last edited:

faithVA

I have a protein conditioner that I used to use fairly regularly. But for some reason in February I stopped using it. Maybe because they changed the protein source.

anyway I used it this morning and my hair is holder more water than usual. I’m going to add this back as a regular part of my routine.

Very nice. That reminds me I need to pick up more K18.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I like this visual of smoothing and raking thru with the fingers.

faithVA

They make it look so easy. I think I may try just doing that smoothing in large sections more. I don't think I have the patience at this time to do those small sections. :lol: Maybe one day.

sunshinebeautiful

I'm excited - I scheduled an appointment with her for 3 weeks from now. She's about to become my new local stylist, if all works out

VictoriousBrownFlower

It definitely has. Thank goodness! I was in a bad way in 2020. She isn't where I want her to be but she is definitely a far cry from where I started. In a year or two I'm hoping to have the length I want to wear it curly or to wear it up.

My coils are small enough and my shrinkage so much that I'm still growing out and not up. But at least it looks fuller. At the end of the year, I will probably post my 2022 pics from my 1st appointment this year to my last curly style in December to see what that looks like :yep:
please do!!!!! I love ur progress faith.... u've come a long way from when this post was first started. I rem back then u were just trying to fig it out but couldn't. I think u even thought about relaxing at one point(if i'm not mistaken)... u've come a long way.... i've been natural since 2014 apr.... it took a min to get where i am... don't RELAX!!!!! Just learn ur individual head of hair... I swear when u finally fig it out u will be so greatful u didnt relax it will shock u...

i just fig my hair out a few months ago... Its like bra strap stretched (in the back) and between arm pit and bra strap in the front. My secret is BLOW DRYING!!!!!! I wash, apply my products to wet hair in sections, Style it the way i want it to hang, and then make small sections going from ear to ear and blow dry the section... do that to my whole head. Then I go back and sectioning from ear to ear and stretch.

i cut my hair in layers early in my journey and they're still there so i don't pineapple i put it in a pony with a silk scrunchie placed in the middle of my head not the top. It elongates it and makes the layers pop. when i wanna take it down for the next day i just take out the scrunchie and fluff out my hair etc... it takes a few mins to pop back to life because its very stretched but it does. DONT ADD WATER!!!!

When i get sick of a wash and go i wear a bun.IMG_7096lchf.JPG

GettingKinky

I know this isn’t the thread to talk about blowouts but you guys are my people. :)

I used the comb attachment on my Dyson and on low heat high speed it only took me 12 minutes to get my hair dry.

But I was so paranoid about damaging my curls that I didn’t use very much tension so my hair just dried in a big fluffy cloud.

I ended up adding mouse def and putting my hair in 8 braids. Tomorrow if all goes well I’ll have a stretched braid out. If it looks bad, it will be a bun.

maybe in a few months I’ll try again and use more tension so I get a better blow out.

oneastrocurlie

I know this isn’t the thread to talk about blowouts but you guys are my people. :)

I used the comb attachment on my Dyson and on low heat high speed it only took me 12 minutes to get my hair dry.

But I was so paranoid about damaging my curls that I didn’t use very much tension so my hair just dried in a big fluffy cloud.

I ended up adding mouse def and putting my hair in 8 braids. Tomorrow if all goes well I’ll have a stretched braid out. If it looks bad, it will be a bun.

maybe in a few months I’ll try again and use more tension so I get a better blow out.

Yay! Sending good braid out vibes your way.

faithVA

Work is super busy, so not doing anything to my hair. I will probably wear it curly 1 more time this year so I have a record of what it looks like. Then I will wait for warmer weather or a special occasion.

I was able to get 5 to 7 days out of stylist set which is a record. Even though I won't wear it curly, I will definitely keep it hydrated until the next time. Also need to get some K18. Will remember to check it out on Black Friday.

Evolving78

I’m back to wearing wash n gos. I have been wearing my hair that way for the majority of the year. I have a twa and have had to cut a few inches off due to neglect. I pull single strands out, don’t moisturize, wrap my hair up at night.. But I decided to get back to caring for my hair.
I like the Mielle Organics pomegranate custard and leave-in. I also use Cantù Comeback curl spray, or use Nairobi foam. I will be ordering my favorite detangling cream soon, since the sprays aren’t cutting it.
I apply the product to my kinda just raking it through with my fingers a bit, put a few curls out for volume, and air dry. I don’t use any styling tools.

I plan to trim my hair again, but I’ll do it in twists. I figured out how to get some wear out of a WnG for a couple of days, since I like to wash my hair frequently.

I also applied a little oil to the crown of my scalp. It’s been itchy and dry lately. I’m going through The Change, so I need to step my game up with drinking water and taking a supplement.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I washed my hair and conditioned my hair in the shower using DE lavender. I smoothed and finger detangled my hair with the shampoo. I sprayed Mizani 24 n 1 spray (?) and I used Nairobi foam. I was going to sit under the dryer, or diffuse it, but I’m lazy..
I’m running low on Nairobi foam and thought about trying The Doux Mousse Def. I wonder will it give me the same consistency and hold I adore? I think I might just stick with what I know. I’m might try that line, since my family and I wear nothing but wash n gos. Y’all I am out of the loop with all of these products and names. I refuse to become a product junkie again!

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I washed my hair and conditioned my hair in the shower using DE lavender. I smoothed and finger detangled my hair with the shampoo. I sprayed Mizani 24 n 1 spray (?) and I used Nairobi foam. I was going to sit under the dryer, or diffuse it, but I’m lazy..
I’m running low on Nairobi foam and thought about trying The Doux Mousse Def. I wonder will it give me the same consistency and hold I adore? I think I might just stick with what I know. I’m might try that line, since my family and I wear nothing but wash n gos. Y’all I am out of the loop with all of these products and names. I refuse to become a product junkie again!
Mousse def is a thick mousse if that makes sense. It’s not light like Nairobi

Evolving78

Ok ladies, I covered my hair last night with a lined slouchy cap. I liked that it didn’t totally smash my hair down. Anything on my head at this point in my life is problematic for me..
But I liked how my hair turned out this morning.

I refreshed my hair by fluffing it back out, sprayed a light leave-in (CON strength and shine and Mizani 24). I sprayed a light oil, and used the Just For Me Curl Peace ponytail and edge tamer. I feel good about my hair and will have another good hair day! I will probably co-wash tomorrow since I don’t have any heavy gel/cream products in my hair.

besides detangling when I’m being trifling, my hair takes 10-15 mins to style and 5-7 minutes to restyle. That’s where I’m at in life. I don’t have time to sit and do my hair for hours and I need to be able to wash it. I love cultivated Locs, but it was too much maintenance for me and I like to wash my hair frequently.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I haven't posted in here in a long time because I've been just sticking to my Miss Jessie's. Well I went out on a limb and tried the Doux! Tried the Mousse Def and it sucked!! Luckily, my inner product junkie was in full effect and I ended up with 3 of their stylers :laugh: . Today I cowashed with No More Suds, conditioned with Giovanni 50/50, and styled my hair with the Doux's Big Poppa. I'm in love with my results :love:!! This is definitely one of my best wash n'gos even if it only lasts for the day :lachen:. I'll come back and share how it holds up.

View attachment 480767 View attachment 480769 View attachment 480771
What was wrong with The Mousse Def?

Evolving78

I did a no gel wng todayand I'm really impressed with my day 1 hair!
I know I'm late to the Mielle bandwagon but I have arrived. I generally wait a year or more while other folks try and review the product. these products had mixed reviews and I went ahead and purchased anyway.

So after a wash and DC ( I'm coming out if a week long blowout) I used Mielles Pomegranate Honey Leave in and curling custard. Whew Chile! I didn't need my usual layer of Eco to lay it down! Definition, moisture, softness all the things that we need for a successful wng!
It's a bit tacky cause I'm heavy handed. But I'm loving my curls and my snap back after a week of straight hair!
Ladies your hair can thrive in wng styles! I'm back to APL and I know its cause I leave my hair alone for the most part!
I love these two products. I have the shampoo from that line and use it to clarify my hair.

Evolving78

I haven’t been into hair or anything involving the hair community and I’m overwhelmed with all of the products, methods, and drama!
And I see that CG method has been hijacked and rebranded.. The game is to be sold, not told. Folks just need to do what works for them.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I didn't like it the first time I used it, but I tried it again and it was alright. I think that I used more the last time and it turns out better. It was cute for a day, but didn't last more than that LOL.
So it didn’t give you the hold you were seeking? How was the consistency? Was it thick and foamy like whipped cream or watery?