Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

VictoriousBrownFlower

this is my first time doing a good ole wash and go since last yr. I just got into a protective style kick and couldnt get the zest for wash and goes back. I cut a few pieces to give it some shape again and fell in love. Its day 1 so its really stringy and defined ( not use to using eco)...

IMG_8072.JPG

after fluffing it up a bitIMG_8085.JPG

i can't wait to see how it grows as the days go by

Last edited:

faithVA

I'm under the dryer and still need to get it cut. Im always inspired when I come but it doesnt last :lol:

She said she used 4.5 pumps of UFD; 2 pumps of ICH and a qtr size of Trepadora bamboo.

So I didnt use to much product last time. I just didnt use enough water. She says she trickles in the water and smooths it in. She said she wants to feel the hair with product and not just the slip of product. I will have to see if I can determine that.

It was over a hour from wash to definition. And I know I wont do sections that small. But will see if I can do better with the next set.

faithVA

I guess I thought I had been going to my stylist linger than a year, but she reminded me.
I'm not a fast grower but glad to have consistent progress.

She said I've reached the point where my hair will start to hang now :yay: But I need to style it more often to boost my curls.

My first visit Jan 2022
20220113_161705_copy_982x1056.jpg

My visit today
20230222_222151_copy_982x800.jpg

DVAntDany

@GettingKinky I just asked the question for you. I asked for styling tips regarding not getting uniform/even looking curls when you style, but the stylist is not having that issue and you get regular cuts. She said you might need to simply change your part. You could also be styling the hair in a direction where it hangs funny. You might need to shift where you style that uneven looking portion of hair. Hope that helps.

GettingKinky

I think I'm going to try a wash n go tonight. My plan is UFD + JS.

I'll apply UFD in the shower and JS out of the shower.

@GettingKinky i know this is your favourite combo. What ratio of Water/UFD/JS do you find most effective?
I apply the UFD to soaking wet hair and I use a fairly generous amount ~9 teaspoons. I don’t add more water to my hair before applying the JS and I use a pretty good amount of that too somewhere between 4-6 teaspoons.

GettingKinky

@GettingKinky I just asked the question for you. I asked for styling tips regarding not getting uniform/even looking curls when you style, but the stylist is not having that issue and you get regular cuts. She said you might need to simply change your part. You could also be styling the hair in a direction where it hangs funny. You might need to shift where you style that uneven looking portion of hair. Hope that helps.
Thanks for asking!

ckisland

Weekly wash day!!!
Cleansed with Harm Me Knot and conditioned with Obia Naturals Babassu DC in the shower. I used Leave-in Condish and Coily Custard and scrunched. I let my hair air dry for about 3 hours and then I diffused.
Tried something different and diffused with the attachment on a low speed high heat. I feel like I got less frizz.

20230225_204717.jpg20230225_204712.jpg20230225_204940.jpg

VictoriousBrownFlower

Weekly wash day!!!
Cleansed with Harm Me Knot and conditioned with Obia Naturals Babassu DC in the shower. I used Leave-in Condish and Coily Custard and scrunched. I let my hair air dry for about 3 hours and then I diffused.
Tried something different and diffused with the attachment on a low speed high heat. I feel like I got less frizz.

View attachment 487567View attachment 487569View attachment 487575
i see the difference.... i love a good blow dry but i use to concentration nozzel at the end and stretch... quick dry time and a stretched wash and go for the win...

faithVA

Weekly wash day!!!

View attachment 487567View attachment 487569View attachment 487575
I was talking about you at the salon; people who can put all types of products on their hair and their hair looks good :yep:

I love the shine.

faithVA

My hair only lasted until yesterday. The temperature here is so warm and in February we aren't quite ready to put on the air. So, I ended up sweating while I slept on Wednesday. I still looked good through Friday, but then I took a shower without a cap. I thought it might revive my curls but that was a bad idea. My hair just soaked up all of that water in the air and turned into a fro. I ended up wearing a puff to an event last night.

I'm going into the office Tuesday, so I will style it today to see if it is work ready. If not it will be back in a puff.

DVAntDany

I guess I thought I had been going to my stylist linger than a year, but she reminded me.
I'm not a fast grower but glad to have consistent progress.

She said I've reached the point where my hair will start to hang now :yay: But I need to style it more often to boost my curls.

My first visit Jan 2022
View attachment 487483

My visit today
View attachment 487481
Look at that hang time. I knew I saw length.

A wng a month will ensure you skills don’t go rusty.