Wash N Go Challenge-Summer 2013

SeeLexus

:grin:Wash and Go with my Loc Soc to beat the Heat! ( I used Cantu Shea butter coconut curl cream as my moisturizer and Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue as my styler)

Attachments

• pony.jpg
    pony.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

BraunSugar

BraunSugar

I want to try this really bad but I am petrified how my hair is going to turn out hahaha..so what exactly do you do when you use conditioner only?

I apply the conditioner to my hair in 8 sections, the same way that I apply my gel. The only way it works for me is to make sure my hair is wet, not damp. The conditioner has to be thick too. I did this once with VO5 and when my hair dried it was like day 3 hair.

Hello, I'm not even sure If i can join as I only wash n go, once a week, as I'm trying to lessen manipulation.

The Process

1. Pre-deep treat Aubrey organics Honey Suckle Rose and Extra Virgin Olive oil.
2. Wash, condition and detangle with Tigi Moisture Maniac
3. Moisturise and detangle with Curl Junkie Assurance smoothing lotion and Curl Junkie Beauti-curls.
4. Smooth and rake, Eco Styler Argan oil gel throughout hair
5. Add Curl Junkie curls in a bottle as a finisher for added shine and frizz control.

Here some pics of my wash n go i did yesterday, excuse the picture quality, I know its poor.

Attachments

• 2-vi.jpg
    2-vi.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 3-vi.jpg
    3-vi.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 7-vi.jpg
    7-vi.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 53

*Frisky*

I took bathroom pics to attempt to show yall how big my hair is but it still looks bigger in person hahaha..

I didn't do the usual wash and go but pretty much got the same results.

I had been wearing a bun for 2 days then last night I spritzed my hair and drenched it with coconut oil and put on 2 plastic caps and a scarf last night and went to bed. I lightly rinsed over my hair in the shower this morning just to try and get it wet but not drenching. I did't want to wash the coconut oil out. After the shower, I sparingly used Xtreme gel all over. The coconut oil gave me some decent definition by itself. By doing all of this I was trying to decrease shrinkage I usually get on a first day wash and go and I think it worked. Basically I look like I have 2 or 3 day hair instead of 1 day hair. It's really soft.

SeeLexus

They posted my pic on the miss jessies fan page on Facebook. If you have a sec...can you like it- thumb up it? Thank you so Much. It's the one I just posted in my loc soc

*Frisky*

I did my first condioner only wash and go and I have a love/hate relationship with it hahaha

I did my usual deep conditioning/protein routine then I applied Satin Roots leave-in, Natural 7 Oil and Tresemme Naturals. All this was done last night so my hair wasn't all the way dry when I went to bed. I put my hair in two low loose ponytails. Woke up this morning and just fluffed it out. It was still damp. I have little to no definition in my hair and it is big and fluffy. It just seems like the conditioner did not want to penetrate my hair or something and I kept spraying it with water. Maybe I shouldn't of used a leave in cause normally when I cowash with it my hair curls up really nice. Maybe I will apply it in the shower and see what happens.

SeeLexus

Hello, I'm not even sure If i can join as I only wash n go, once a week, as I'm trying to lessen manipulation.

The Process

1. Pre-deep treat Aubrey organics Honey Suckle Rose and Extra Virgin Olive oil.
2. Wash, condition and detangle with Tigi Moisture Maniac
3. Moisturise and detangle with Curl Junkie Assurance smoothing lotion and Curl Junkie Beauti-curls.
4. Smooth and rake, Eco Styler Argan oil gel throughout hair
5. Add Curl Junkie curls in a bottle as a finisher for added shine and frizz control.

Here some pics of my wash n go i did yesterday, excuse the picture quality, I know its poor.

Beautiful!!!

SeeLexus

Watching some Taryn916 Videos I got inspired to take a Afro Pick to my Wash and Go! Products used were Oshune.com Sweet Creme, Cantu Coconut Curl Cream and Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding.

Attachments

• MissJessies FRO.jpg
    MissJessies FRO.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 129

firecracker

So I had sworn off of wash and go's. I had convinced myself that if I let it shrink up on it's own that would surely unleash the apocalypse. :lachen: Anyway, decided to re-visit because it would give me a quicker hair style solution.

First day of my wash and go.

Second day of my wash and go.

Third day of my wash and go.

Co-wash with Trader Joe's Tree Tingle. Raked through olive oil, Honey Hemp Conditioner and EcoStyler (Olive) in about six-eight sections on soaking wet hair. Drip Dry.

Spritz in morning with Juice and Berries. Pineapple at night under a baggie with a spritz of Juice and Berries.
You are going to make me go back to wash and go's!!!! Your hair is beautiful. Nothing like a beautiful head of thick lush curls.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
BraunSugar geejay and SeeLexus

y'all are making me feel bald.

here is a wash n go i did with arosci luxe curls cream. it was very soft, fluffy and had much more volume than usual. i liked the pic so much i even put it in my siggy:grin:

geejay

You are going to make me go back to wash and go's!!!! Your hair is beautiful. Nothing like a beautiful head of thick lush curls.

firecracker Thanks so much for the compliment! I was really surprised they worked at all for me, but hair goes through phases. Summer is the perfect time to give wash and go's a try. Join us!

geejay

y'all are making me feel bald.

here is a wash n go i did with arosci luxe curls cream. it was very soft, fluffy and had much more volume than usual. i liked the pic so much i even put it in my siggy:grin:

Napp Your hair is gorgeous! And it's growing so fast.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Very Pretty! I got to look up this arosci luxe curls cream! :grin:

I actually didn't like some things about the product. It's personally not My fave.

whiteoleander91 my hair isn't thick at all! It just was really fluffy when it dried.

geejay thanks! I can't wait till I hit apl . I will be so happy then!

Last edited:

SeeLexus

Wash N Go w/ Oshune.com Sweet Cream and Miss Jessies Curly Pudding. Picked out just a tiny bit for more volume:grin:

Attachments

• Loving Curly Pudding.jpg
    Loving Curly Pudding.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 75

BillsBackerz67

I rarely post but I'm a frequent wash and goer. The first pic is Aussie moist as a leave in only. The second pic is Wen Fig as a leave in only. Using conditioner only lasts me about 4 day. Eta I don't refresh with product or spray that just makes my hair frizzier

Attachments

• image-1043445226.jpg
    image-1043445226.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2266844344.jpg
    image-2266844344.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Dare~to~Dream

I want to try this with Paul Mitchell the Conditioner but I just feel that my hair doesn't have enough volume to really rock this look. My hair is so fine and tangles easily. I admit I'm not used to wearing my hair "down" because it's always pulled back in some form or fashion in a ponytail or my version of a *bun.* To be honest, I'm not really comfortable wearing my hair any other way but I need to try something different since I don't want to continue putting stress on my edges. With that said, I've tried Kinky Curly and Beyond the Zone (or Noodlehead?) products in the past and the results were not to my liking at all. I will continue to lurk in the thread; I love looking at the pics.

Last edited:

SeeLexus

I want to try this with Paul Mitchell the Conditioner but I just feel that my hair doesn't have enough volume to really rock this look. My hair is so fine and tangles easily. I admit I'm not used to wearing my hair "down" because it's always pulled back in some form or fashion in a ponytail or my version of a *bun.* To be honest, I'm not really comfortable wearing my hair any other way but I need to try something different since I don't want to continue putting stress on my edges. With that said, I've tried Kinky Curly and Beyond the Zone (or Noodlehead?) products in the past and the results were not to my liking at all. I will continue to lurk in the thread; I love looking at the pics.

All you need is an afro pick to add volume. Have you seen this video my Taryn. Watch the Power of an Afro Pick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luNiwGaJnJY

*Frisky*

Latest wash and go using Satin Roots leave in, Natural 7 oil and Lusti Organics Olive Oil Gel. I really like the Lusti products that I have tried so far.