Wash N Go Challenge-Summer 2013

SeeLexus

Well that was enlightening! I just assumed that if your hair flopped that was that. The styling game is deep!

*steps out to buy an afro pick*

After watching that video I did the same thing. Got my Afro pick for Only 99 cents at CVS

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I've been lurking in here looking at all you ladies gorgeous wash n gos and decided to take a pic of mine I did tonight. So I didn't know what to do with my hair so I decided a wNg. I washed my scalp with CD tui sulfate free poo and conditioned with CD tui con (I already did a review in the CD thread for $3 that was started). When I rinsed I left some of the con in. I then applied lime oil and then smoothed down eco styler gel argon oil kind. I diffused my wNg bc I have to be up early so no time to air dry. Mine is nothing special and plain to me but it does the job. I may pin up one side just a bit bc I feel like my hair is in that award stage and it shrinks.

ForumRunner_20130724_221333.jpg

ForumRunner_20130724_221346.jpg

ForumRunner_20130724_221357.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

PinkyPromise

So usually I use kinky curly but I tried out As I Am curling jelly and I like it better. It defines curls without that much shrinkage and it doesn't weigh them down. Staple!! I wash define and push my hair back into a puff.

image-1672242025.jpg

Last edited:

Jobwright

Are there any low porosity wash n goers in here? I am starting to panic about my DD's kindergarten hairstyle. I want something a little more mature than Ponytails, twists and cornrows. Thinking washing and going may work if I could figure out what products I could use for her. Her hair is silky 4aish but does not have definition to the curl pattern...only on the ends when I do mini braids can I get the defined spiral effect. Watchable think?

Natty_Virgo

W&G are the only thing I ever wear if my hair is down. I need to start posting pics. Loving this thread...

Sent from my S3 using LHCF

APrayer4Hair

I actually haven't been. I like wash n goes but my hair is at an unflattering in between length and looks better away from my face. I have just been wearing a puff or a bun

Napp

Let me go and get me a switch!! :spank:

Why not still WnG but do something interesting in the front. I never WnG without putting the front back for the same reasons; but don't let that stop u.

:bighug:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I fell off this challenge after a week. :lol: I've been wearing twistouts. I may be getting back on this challenge either this week or next week. ;)

SeeLexus

Tried something new..soy olive curl cream from myhoneychild and the dark n lovely 10 in 1 style Gelie. I love it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130808_134631.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130808_134631.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 47

IslandMummy

I had to take a break while in Jamaica, the heat/humidity and the products were a bad mixture. I ended up just wearing flat twists and KIS.

*Frisky*

Sorry ladies! I have been out of town alot over the last few weeks but I have been washing and going. Today I did one with As I Am Leave In and Garnier Frutis Pure Clean Gel. I fluffed it alot but my curls are still defined.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp

Let me go and get me a switch!! :spank:

Why not still WnG but do something interesting in the front. I never WnG without putting the front back for the same reasons; but don't let that stop u.

:bighug:

i actually just did a smoothing treatment and wash n goes are so much easier now. i am back in the WNG zone now:yep:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp, what's a smoothing treatment??

A smoothing treatment is an alternative to a bkt. It slightly loosens the curl and eliminates frizz. It washes out on its own in 12 weeks. I posted my results in the bkt alternatives thread

Last edited:

BraunSugar

I was in a pinch and bought some Eco Styler Krystal from Walgreens since I was out of curl activator gel. It was terrible :-/. My hair felt dry and wrong. I have converted it into "EcoPudding/EcoCustard". That's the only way I can use this stuff. I hate wasting money.

*Frisky*

Hey ladies! Tomorrow is Wear Your Hair Curly Day. I plan on doing a wash and go. I haven't been feeling well these last few days so I haven't really been doing anything to my hair but I'm gonna get back at it starting tomorrow. I can't believe that summer is almost over.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I fell off this challenge after a week. :lol: I've been wearing twistouts. I may be getting back on this challenge either this week or next week. ;)

Well I give up on wash n gos. I tried to do one Friday night with Long Aid gel and it was an ultimate fail. I had to rewash my hair and start over. I decided to put my hair in braids to airdry for a braidout.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I have been not wash n going very much because I love way my hair looks in a puff. Plus when it's up in a puff I don't have to deal with it everyday. It's so much easier to deal with this way.

*Frisky*

Hey ladies!! We winding down! I have been kinda lazy lately with my hair. I did my wash and go yesterday and have been wearing a puff.

IslandMummy

I did a VERY lazy wash and go for the last two days, I'm going to spruce it up tonight for DH's birthday and add a little flower or hair decoration

SeeLexus

Here's How I stretch out and lengthen my wash and go's using the Devaclip technique. I Style, Pin, diffuse, Pineapple and then Fluff and go in the morning! Here is a Video on the technique: I do the method at the 2:25 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFLCD12RKbw

Attachments

• My wash n go technique.jpg
    My wash n go technique.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 48