Wash 'N Go in the Fall/Winter???

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Re: Wash \'N Go in the Fall/Winter???

I wear mine all year around. I've never gotten a cold from it but is uncomfortable when the temps are in the 30's. Sometimes I will condition wash it before bed when it gets extremely cold out.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

[ QUOTE ]
FrizzMizz said:

I've been hairing my hair in a wash and go for the past two years all through winter and I haven't caught a cold yet. I'm getting my hair braided this winter though because I want to see if I can get some more growth without manipulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

FrizzMizz, I love your bathroom shot of your hair in twists! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Beautiful thick hair! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
good2uuuu said:
I use to year round, but Minnesota is totally different from Tennessee in the winter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet! I live in KY which is right above TN, so it may not be a problem for me. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lived in both TN and KY within the last 2 years and girl it is TOOOOOO cold to go outside with a wet head!!!! I mena we don't have freezing winters in TN but the temps in January and February are still only about 35 degrees...and in KY it was even colder than that...

Maybe good lived in Southern TN where it is warmer? It's not THAT warm in Nash though, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I will not go outside with soaking wet hair, maybe damp. Plus I'm not outside that much to have my hair exposed to the outside cold air. I will just wear a scarf like Allandra did. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lorraine

Count me in! I'm sporting a wash and go now. Of course, for some reason the temperature jumped from 45 to 65 degrees on the East coast -- in December (the end of the world is here /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ). Anyway, a wash and go can be great as long as you continue to protect those ends. I wash at night, pat it dry with a towel, moisturize, and cover with cap to lock in the moisture. During the day I pop my hair into a bun. My hair is never wet nor damp when I leave the house -- just moist. I go from my garage to the one at work so I'm not concerned with wearing a hat unless it's freezing outside.

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
Count me in! I'm sporting a wash and go now. Of course, for some reason the temperature jumped from 45 to 65 degrees on the East coast -- in December (the end of the world is here /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can relate... it was like 60 degrees one day here in Kentucky! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

carletta

The only wash & go hair for me is...in braids! otherwise I would be /images/graemlins/ill.gif for 2-3 weeks!!!!!!!!!

BLESSED1

I do; I CO wash everyday, sometimes twice a day no matter what the weather is. I usually sport my wash & go "fake fro" (I call it that since my hair is 1/2 natural & 1/2 relaxed)on the weekends and I've had no problems, no colds...

Nefertiti0906

I used to "wash and go" every day about 2 winters ago. I just made sure i wasn't going outside for at least 2 hours b4 i did. i had late morning classes (i was in college) so it was never a problem for me. In fact, I noticed that my hair grew a lot during that period.

Peachtree

I used to wash 'N go frequently during my transition (fall/winter 2003), but now that I'm natural I'm gonna stick to a wash/rinse routine in the evenings only...I don't wanna leave the house with wet hair in frigid -10 degree weather!

Poohbear

Hmmm Peachtree... I may just wash my hair every evening and just braid or twist it and put perm rods on my ends before I go to sleep to let it airdry...in the morning, I'll decide whether to wear a braid-out down or in an updo, or put it in a bun or ponytail... or even have the top part of my hair up in some way with the back part of my hair down. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhonyBaloney500

I try to blow dry my hair in the morning with a diffuser because it's just too uncomfortable to go out with sopping wet hair. We'll see what happens when it's REALLY cold though! It'll be back to to buns for me!

Tai said:
It's a myth that going out with wet hair will cause a cold. Colds are caused by viruses. So unless you come into contact with the virus, you won't get a cold.
yr body is trying so hard to warm u up it does not have the extra energy to fight off any virus u r exposed to...that's why u get the cold .

Xcellence2

I live in Ohio and I do wash-n-gos in the winter but I wash at night b/c I am too lazy to get up early in the morning and even try to detangle my hair especially since I am transitioning now.

Poohbear

Xcellence2 said:
I live in Ohio and I do wash-n-gos in the winter but I wash at night b/c I am too lazy to get up early in the morning and even try to detangle my hair especially since I am transitioning now.
interesting... how long have u been transitioning?