Wash N Go's Everyday?

pbuckley

Is this ok, since doing the big chop I have to wet my hair everyday. Is it ok to wash with conditioner everyday or will this be drying? I tried first sleeping with a silk cap on = dried hair then I tried sleeping with a plastic bag under the silk cap still dry and helmet head. So I end up having to co wash each day. It looks cute and with the mousse I'm using it dries quickly but wanted to make sure this is ok for my hair.

Attachments

• beauty with a flower.jpg
    beauty with a flower.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 68

Simply_elle

I cowashed year round with no issue- However you need to keep your protein game on point nothing fancy just mild or hard protein when your hair begins to feel mushy...

I know wet hair everyday gets annoying but let me tell you I retained so much!! HTH....

SmilingElephant

If it works for YOU keep doing it. :yep:

I wash n go everyday...when I do my Eco Wash n Go I can get 3-4 day curls.

My hair seems to be growing just fine.

Fhrizzball

Well as long as you don't get too much buildup then it should work out fine. And when buildup does become a problem you can just clarify or shampoo it out. I alternate with protein cowashes when I do alot of cowashing to keep the protein/moisture balance in check.

kandake

I think you'll be fine.

I spent the first 4-5 months co-washing almost daily. I used a leave-in followed by an oil and/or eco styler gel. I didn't have any issues.

My only concern about your regimen is the mousse you're using. I'm not sure if that'll dry your hair out.

ETA: If you want to take a break from co-washing every day maybe you could try twistouts.