Washed my hair sunday, is it too soon to relax today??

beana

I have a few important functions coming up in the next few days and i'd like my hair relaxed. I am 12 weeks post and managing the 2 textures is becoming pretty difficult.

My sister, who relaxes my hair, is only available to do my hair today because of her work schedule.

would you relax today or try to squeeze in another wash/DC/blow dry/flat iron in?

Thanks!

Relaxing your hair today would NOT be a problem. I've done it countless times, with no adverse reaction.

Oh theses hairboards, we sometimes go a little too far with the "rules" for things.

Your hair will be great.

ETA: ^^^There she goes!

I'm natural but I believe there is a member her that washes her hair the night before her relaxer/texturizer...

Relaxing your hair today would NOT be a problem. I've done it countless times, with no adverse reaction.

Oh theses hairboards, we sometimes go a little too far with the "rules" for things.

Your hair will be great.

I agree. Don't think about it too much. Just base your scalp really good.

5 days was always my personal rule of thumb but this last time I washed 3 days prior, asked stylist to base scalp really well and I didn't burn at all! Just base scalp well and as previously said, don't think about it too much (or you'll feel like you're burning even when you're not).:yep:

i've washed my hair and after a few hours relaxed my hair with a LYE relaxer. Lol. Yeah but i also greased the HELL outta my scalp, and i didn't feel a thing, not a slight burn. =)

I have washed and relaxed the same day. Did it for many many years. Wash in the morning and relax at night.

Now I find it easier and quicker to relax in the morning.

For my last touch up, I only waited a day after washing. I have done this many, many times and the only problems I've ever had came from not prepping my scalp with a base. You should be fine.

I can't handle more than 3 days without washing my hair, so I have relaxed after 2 days many times. My scalp gets too itchy if I wait too long and I don't want to scratch. Like the others said, base well, and you should be fine.

Thank so much ladies!!! Great advice. I'm going to base really well put conditioner on the ends and get a relaxer tonight. Thanks!

The last relaxer I did I washed my hair two days before, and my relaxer came out fine, no burning or scabs. I find it really helps as it softens the new growth. Of course I can only speak for myself, it might not work for everyone.

I think you'll be okay. I plan to wash this Wednesday and relax on Friday.
I've done so in the past with no ill effects.

Back