Washed w/baking soda and did an ACV rinse this morning....whoa baby!

healthynhappy

My hair is full and swanging!!

Its windy out there, and I was concerned that the wind was going to mess my hair up. Got to work, and it had fallen right back into place.

I first shampooed with Body Envy, but then I didn't really like how my hair felt. So I grabbed my bottle of baking soda and water mix, and shampooed twice, letting the mixture sit on my hair for about 3 mins. Then I did and ACV rinse, letting it sit for about 3 mins.

I rinsed that out and conditioned with the Herbal Essences in the blue bottle (can't remember the name, the moisture one). Blow dried with a little CHI silk infusion and flat ironed.

Usually when the wind blows my hair, it stays in the air where the wind left it. No matter how hard it blows today, or how much I toss my head, my hair just falls right back into place.

I love it! I think its from doing the baking soda and ACV rinse back to back.

kiesha8185

Wow...I would scared to do both ACV and baking soda in one wash session. But now I kinda wanna try it....I want hair full and swangin hair too! I think I manipulate my hair too much when I do ACV rinses, I never just let it sit. I also have never tried dc'ing after a ACV. I'm gonna try this again sometime.

healthynhappy

Yeah, I was kinda scared too.

But now I'm convinced it is a very healthy combination. When I say full, my hair is FULL. Its normally kinda flat. Its puffy, but in a good way.

Just tons of volume. Whenever I turn my head, I see my hair swing behind me. Its crazy.

But I don't think I would mix the two often. But I am thinking once a week might be okay.

Just be sure to moisturize afterwards.

Oh - I also sprayed my hair with Pantene Texturize Hair Spray. You would think that would eliminate any hair movement, but its just the opposite.

BeaLady

I'm glad it worked out for you. It think I might give it a try. I just started doing ACV rinses. I didn't know I was supposed to let it sit in my hair for a few minutes.

MrsQueeny

Go ahead girl wit yo swanging hair!!! That reminds me I need to start using my ACV more on my girls' hair. Q

BeautifulFlower

I have never tried ACV but I have tried baking soda.

NEVER AGAIN! Some people have the hair for it and I am not that person.

It feel like all the moisture was instantly sucked from my head. I thought I was in trouble for sure. I rinse it out quickly and washed with CON in the green bottle. Oh blessed CON!

healthynhappy

Update:

3 days later and my hair is STILL swinging!!!

I skipped working out for 3 days just to see how my hair would hold up, and it is still gorgeous!!!

I ran a little Camellia oil thru my hair and rolled it up with the long tubular foam thingies (I forget what they are called). I only used like 6 foam thingies for my whole head so I would have big curls and not tiny ones. Then I just put my satin cap on and go to sleep.

They are soft so its easy to sleep on them. DH told me 2 days in a row that my hair was beautiful:grin:.

Tonight - I have to workout. I'm going to put my hair up high in a loose ponytail cause I plan to sweat hard. We'll see what happens. If I could get away with doing this once a week, I think I will see tremendous progress because I normally wash my hair every day or every other day. I also use heat every single time.

But my hair is very healthy anyway. I use a tourmaline dryer on a low setting, and I use my Sedu on a very low setting as well. I have been doing this for years and since I switched to the Tourmaline dryer and ceramic iron, my hair has never been healthier.

I'll keep you posted as to whether I have to wash my hair tomorrow or if I could get away another day with having beautiful bouncy hair after the baking soda shampoo and acv rinse.

DivaRox

Update:

3 days later and my hair is STILL swinging!!!

I skipped working out for 3 days just to see how my hair would hold up, and it is still gorgeous!!!

I ran a little Camellia oil thru my hair and rolled it up with the long tubular foam thingies (I forget what they are called). I only used like 6 foam thingies for my whole head so I would have big curls and not tiny ones. Then I just put my satin cap on and go to sleep.

They are soft so its easy to sleep on them. DH told me 2 days in a row that my hair was beautiful:grin:.

Tonight - I have to workout. I'm going to put my hair up high in a loose ponytail cause I plan to sweat hard. We'll see what happens. If I could get away with doing this once a week, I think I will see tremendous progress because I normally wash my hair every day or every other day. I also use heat every single time.

But my hair is very healthy anyway. I use a tourmaline dryer on a low setting, and I use my Sedu on a very low setting as well. I have been doing this for years and since I switched to the Tourmaline dryer and ceramic iron, my hair has never been healthier.

I'll keep you posted as to whether I have to wash my hair tomorrow or if I could get away another day with having beautiful bouncy hair after the baking soda shampoo and acv rinse.

Dang, I'm sitting here cheesing:grin: on your behalf. That hair sounds purty!! Happy hair days-gotta love 'em.