Washing Sew Ins? Have U Experience This

summerof1990

I workout a lot and i dont sit under the dryer i use a blow dryer
i took my hair down and all of my hair was matted together!!
I was washing sometimes 1-2x a week every week

How are you ladies staying active with a sew in WITHOUT matting..
i love sew in too much to take them down because i want to remain
active​

beautyaddict1913

That never happened to me. What were you using to wash? If doing it that often I would use a cleansing cream - something more gentle. How long do you keep your sew-in? Do you use conditioner afterwards?

summerof1990

That never happened to me. What were you using to wash? If doing it that often I would use a cleansing cream - something more gentle. How long do you keep your sew-in? Do you use conditioner afterwards?

I use garner fructose shampooo
Carols daughter conditioner
Use oils

I wash my 1-2 times a week but I use a blow dryer and it would be like 75 percent dry

Pygmy_puff

Maybe wash less, if possible? Use your blow dryer to dry your scalp after a workout so it doesn't get funky. On the cool setting this actually feels REALLY good after a workout. Then you might be able to get away with washing only once per week.

How long are you wearing your installs for? I think the normal recommended time is 6-8 weeks, but you may want to a consider 4-6 week removal if you keep having this matting issue.

Good luck ;)

Evolving78

I workout a lot and i dont sit under the dryer i use a blow dryer
i took my hair down and all of my hair was matted together!!
I was washing sometimes 1-2x a week every week

How are you ladies staying active with a sew in WITHOUT matting..
i love sew in too much to take them down because i want to remain
active​
The washing 2x a week is loosing the braids, which is causing the hair to mat. I would use a braid removal spray, or oil/conditioner. You will have to cut down your install time to 4 weeks. Can you get individual braids instead?