Washing Weave With Closure?

naija24

Hey Ladies!!

How do you properly wash your hair when you have a sew in weave with a silk/lace closure??? my hair is crazy itchy from all the sweat this past 2 weeks (it's been so hot lately) and my stylist is saying she'll charge me 65 for it. I would rather do my own hair tonight at home but with a closure, this is new territory for me, so suggestions are MUCH APPRECIATED!!

thanks all!

ForestRose

Hey Ladies!!

How do you properly wash your hair when you have a sew in weave with a silk/lace closure??? my hair is crazy itchy from all the sweat this past 2 weeks (it's been so hot lately) and my stylist is saying she'll charge me 65 for it. I would rather do my own hair tonight at home but with a closure, this is new territory for me, so suggestions are MUCH APPRECIATED!!

thanks all!
o_Oo_Oo_O

curlyTisME

I do not recommend you trying to wash your hair with a closure. That screams disastrous. I would bite the bullet and let a professional handle any washing. You don't want to have an issue with mildew or heaven forbid skin breakdown from not drying thoroughly or properly.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I do not recommend you trying to wash your hair with a closure. That screams disastrous. I would bite the bullet and let a professional handle any washing. You don't want to have an issue with mildew or heaven forbid skin breakdown from not drying thoroughly or properly.
Yikes:eek2: I'll keep my short curly hair and get braids or twists when I need a long hair fix. :dizzy:

Eta: @naija24 didn't you already pay her like $500 for the install? I'm not familiar with weaves. Is that the normal going rate for them just to wash it?

curlyTisME

Yikes:eek2: I'll keep my short curly hair and get braids or twists when I need a long hair fix. :dizzy:

Eta: @naija24 didn't you already pay her like $500 for the install? I'm not familiar with weaves. Is that the normal going rate for them just to wash it?

I agree, this is why braids and twists are my go to protective styles. I need access to my scalp always.

Topsido

Do you have a hood dryer? If not, call around and see which salon will let you come and dry your hair. The smaller salons usually will let you for a minimal fee. Or just get a hood dryer.

Jaffa2300

I wash my weave with closure myself every week- disadvantage of living in Melbourne Australia is there are not many good salons that can deal with weave aftercare.

I use a rattail comb to gently get to my scalp under the closure and just make sure I rinse out the mild sulfate free shampoo and watered down conditioner / deep conditioner thoroughly.
I sit under my dryer with a hood attachment for 45 mins to an hour (catching up on Netflix or a good book) and I'm good to go.

I moisturise my hair daily with joico leave in moisture spray including through the lace and use the rattail comb to apply my liquid gold oil to my scalp under the closure twice a week.

I've had my weave in for 7 weeks now and there is no smell- trust me my husband would complain loudly. Also I have absolutely no itching and my hair has grown. I can't wait to get my weave out on Friday.

nycutiepie

I used to do it all the time. Use a nozzle tip applicator bottle to get to your scalp. I use diluted shampoo and diluted conditioner with no prob. I dry under a hooded dryer.

naija24

hey!

Yes, I purchased a hooded dryer and the washed with a nozzle tip applicator bottle. Dried for 2 hours. My scalp and hair feel fine.

Still taking my hair out though.