Water filters for the shower

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Does anyone know where I can get the water filters for the shower. Preferably the ones that you screw on without having to dismantle the current shower head. I have been to lowes and home depot /images/graemlins/confused.gif I need this because I wash my hair in the shower. thanks.

H

HoneyRockette

Do you have a Pergament's around you? The one by me went out of business but I got two shower filters from there, ( I left one behind after I moved). Also have you tried a regular hardware store or the hardware section of a department store? Maybe K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target or whatever is near you.

beverly

Staff member
Thanks for sweetcocoa and honeyrockette. I didn't think of target or walmart, i actually went to sears, lowes, and homedepot and the ones they had for the shower required tape and I didn't particularly want to do that. I will check those other places that you mentioned.

sweetcocoa

Here's the link to one available at Lowe's. You might want to print it off then go there again. I found that helps sometimes, because if you ask for assistance and you have a pic of a product(including product number)...they look a little harder. Go to the service desk. Also you might want to go to the home site and type in your zipcode to see if they have it available at one near you.
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=73947-68963-SR-115

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Beverly, this has actually given me a revelation. I think the water coming out of the shower is very hard, after feeling my skin. Perhaps I should get a filter too!

Man, I am SO hair-obsessed /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

beverly

Staff member
Thanks Hairfanatic, and Sweetcocoa, you all are brillant!
I don't know why I didn't think of going Lowe's website, because I went to two different lowes and they did not have the water filters for the shower.. Yes I am in living in DC right now, and the water is hard, Honeyvibe I am hairobsessed too, you should get a water filter, sweetcocoa noticed a difference in her hair.

Ennyaa

Got me thinking about it too. Cuz I KNOW that NJ water is full of mess.

Note to self:
Do NOT run out to Home Depot tonight and buy one of these. You must maintain some self control and wait at least 2 months.