Water

melissa-bee

When you spritz your hair for the day, or do your final rinse what type of water do you use???

I've been reading a book by Kevin Trudeau called "What "they" don't want you to know" which main focus is on food. However, he talks about the chlorine in tap water cutting up our insides and ruining our skin. I know people have a problem with hard water and thier hair.
I've recently started doing braidouts and have to spritz my hair every night so i'm thinking of changing to distilled water. It's impossible for me to fit a water filter at the moment so i'm wondering if people only used distilled water in their hair and how much of a difference it has made??
Or would it be better to at least used bottled mineral or spring water if i cannot get a hold of distilled?

dlove

I believe the purchase of a filter for my shower head was one of the best decisions i have made in this hair and skin journey ever. The results are softer skin and hair.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
When you spritz your hair for the day, or do your final rinse what type of water do you use???

I've been reading a book by Kevin Trudeau called "What "they" don't want you to know" which main focus is on food. However, he talks about the chlorine in tap water cutting up our insides and ruining our skin. I know people have a problem with hard water and thier hair.
I've recently started doing braidouts and have to spritz my hair every night so i'm thinking of changing to distilled water. It's impossible for me to fit a water filter at the moment so i'm wondering if people only used distilled water in their hair and how much of a difference it has made??
Or would it be better to at least used bottled mineral or spring water if i cannot get a hold of distilled?

I only use distilled water when spritzing my hair. Dont use Mineral or spring water (the minerals will build up on your hair)

Distilled water has a ph of 7 which is neutral I also add some AVJ to it to drop the ph a little bit more. I seal with oil and keep it moving. I think it works very well.

When I was natural and made my own leave-in concoction I only used distilled water and still use it for my daughters leave-in she is natural.

lea86111

ot: i have (better yet my dad has) two of his book including the one you're talking abt. Didn't it freak you out and make you scared of everything? :lachen: for the first week after i just about didn't wanna eat anything at the house! Lol

silenttullip

When I spritz I only use distilled water. Now as for washing I just have to trust my filter even though I don't sense an exteme difference. If I could I'd have a rainwater shower now I think that would give some major hair and scalp health. I think washing hair in distilled depending on length may be a waste of money because for me a gallon wouldn't be enough to do the job. But I would say a final rinse and daily spritz couldn't hurt

Rei

\However, he talks about the chlorine in tap water cutting up our insides and ruining our skin. I know people have a problem with hard water and thier hair.
I used distilled water for a time and it did not make one whit of difference. It was definitely better than the hard water that I used to have but now in the area that I live, my water is fine. xD Also I read that book and it seemed like a bit of FUD to me haha. I stopped because it started getting expensive, and there are plenty of longhairds around here who never bothered with buying distilled all the time so I figured it was superflous,

. If I could I'd have a rainwater shower now I think that would give some major hair and scalp health.
Rainwater is not much better now a days, especially if you live in a large city

Kinky4Agirl

I bought a filter too and yes it was the best decision I've made so far for my hair. I should have bought it years ago. If you can't afford the shower head filter, try buying the pitcher. You can just keep filling it up with your tap water as you wash your hair. It's better than nothing and cheaper than bottled.