We Knew It Was Coming: Amazon Raises Prime Membership

Aggie

Everything I order from Amazon have always had free shipping attached to it. As far as getting my items in 2 days, that does not interest me much since I can actually wait for my items to arrive all the time . I'm good. I will not pay the extra price.

I thought it was hefty at $79 and $119 is far more than that, sooooo.... No, not a good idea for me.

Everything Zen

I get the student price. I’ll graduate with my masters in May but plan to continue my education and get other certifications- just taking my time. As long as I maintain a course here and there I might tell my folks to do the same thing they’ve been doing with Netflix and just use my membership :look:

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

So they tried to bump me off the student one because of the years :lol: (was getting my masters part time, super slow) ...but now that I'm in a Phd program, they had to give me student prime again :lol: . I locked that down at my new student email address :sekret: :rofl: and just received two packages today and one yesterday :giggle: . I am all about the prime and use it for everything (This time it's books for school, but it's always something and it's the quickest way to order).

Btw don't sleep on instacart. Now you can order from a lot of local stores for groceries and stuff, and since I need help in this area, I've taken them up on it. I think they have a promo right now for $20 off the first delivery and I took them up on it too. You sign up and look for your grocery stores and other things in your area that you need. They have everything from basic grocery stores to all natural places like whole foods.

https://www.instacart.com/store/welcome

I went here looking for a promo code and found that the $20 off first order and free delivery code worked https://coupon.everafterguide.net/i...rusted=1&sid=ox2j0xgu34nnztd6cvl7dq8rone92x11

It was a life saver this weekend as I was too sick to go anywhere and could barely get out of bed, so I needed someone to do the shopping for me. Getting milk, eggs, and so on delivered was really helpful. I just put everything in I'd normally get at my local store and someone showed up within the hour.

Last edited:

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
You know you can authorize another adult access to your Prime, right? It's like their very own account with their own settings and stuff, but under your Prime. Y'all should've been done that. ;)

My Prime renews in February, so I've got until then to decide if I'll keep it or not. I'm going to use the time to really see if I can get the same types of benefits through other channels. Even if it's more hassle, I'm on kind of an *** the system mentality right now. :lol:

I didn't know that! Thanks! That's good to know if someone wants to use my Prime video. I didn't want them to be able to see my other activity across Amazon, :look: so this is great they did that.

I'm still making my way through this thread and I'm late, so I haven't seen all the responses. Forgive me if someone else already mentioned it, but if you have Medicaid or receive EBT the Prime membership is $5.99/month. I definitely took advantage of that deal back when it first came out.

weaveadiva

Amazon raises price of annual Prime membership to $139​

Amazon is increasing the cost of its Prime membership service to $139 a year and $14.99 a month.

The company announced the increase in the U.S. — from $119 a year and $12.99 a month — on Thursday, citing "the continued expansion of Prime member benefits as well as the rise in wages and transportation costs."

For new members, the price change kicks in on Feb. 18, while existing members will see higher prices when their subscription is up for renewal after March 25.

demlew

Amazon raises price of annual Prime membership to $139​

Amazon is increasing the cost of its Prime membership service to $139 a year and $14.99 a month.

The company announced the increase in the U.S. — from $119 a year and $12.99 a month — on Thursday, citing "the continued expansion of Prime member benefits as well as the rise in wages and transportation costs."

For new members, the price change kicks in on Feb. 18, while existing members will see higher prices when their subscription is up for renewal after March 25.

Ironic that this is the article I see after I read about his new $450m mega-yacht.

yamilee21

Ironic that this is the article I see after I read about his new $450m mega-yacht.
Bezos must be mad that people in Rotterdam are vowing to come throw stones at his boat, instead of happily agreeing to dismantle a whole bridge just so it can pass through the area. When’s his next space ride? Maybe he can go scout out some territory on Mars for his fellow billionaires.

MizAvalon

I don’t know how I ever survived without Amazon and I don’t even take full advantage of it like I should. But I really enjoy the music, video, and free shipping. I’m going to look into the photo storage.

I don’t even know how significant the price increase would have to be for me to cancel. The convenience and time saved just can’t be beat. I got the prime credit card a few months ago and that makes it even more worth it with the 5% cash back.