We talking about Russia and Ukraine?

Everything Zen

I canceled my trip to the The Netherlands bc it was so last minute, I’m stressed to infinity and back trying to plan it, my company is raggedy and this here nuclear plant fallout is crazy as hell. With pilots falling asleep, going on strike and going to blows in the cockpit, it just don’t feel right to be globetrotting all on my lonesome especially for the first trip. I’m not trying to be anywhere in Europe if that nuclear situationship goes any further left. #nope

Black Ambrosia

Russia has declared a mobilization to draft in 300,000 men to start. It’s becoming a total war.

To be fair, it was always war. Putin just downplayed it as a special operation because he thought it would be a quick win. Now that Russia is losing badly he has to take actions that reveal to the country just how serious it is.

fluffyforever

To be fair, it was always war. Putin just downplayed it as a special operation because he thought it would be a quick win. Now that Russia is losing badly he has to take actions that reveal to the country just how serious it is.
Right, but a war in which all draftable citizens will be on standby? Most wars nowadays don’t mobilize all citizens when the war isn’t in their home country. So it will be total war for both sides where civilian citizens and business are required to contribute. Russian news outlets are talking about the conversion of manufacturers to building more weapons.

Black Ambrosia

Right, but a war in which all draftable citizens will be on standby? Most wars nowadays don’t mobilize all citizens when the war isn’t in their home country. So it will be total war for both sides where civilian citizens and business are required to contribute. Russian news outlets are talking about the conversion of manufacturers to building more weapons.
Honestly I can’t speak on this. Thankfully the draft has never been a real issue in my lifetime especially as a woman. Idk what the norm is for other countries when it comes to civilians. I agree that it seems extreme.

Like Putin’s other plans related to this cluster :censored: I think it’ll fail. Public sentiment will turn. There are already high profile people in Russia speaking out against the war which is unheard of. He’s kept public sentiment at bay by limiting info on casualties and losses and pushing lots of propaganda. If people who never planned to fight see firsthand how Russia instigated this war based on lies, things will get worse for Putin quickly.

It would be poetic justice if his own actions cause him to be ousted or worse when he’s been untouchable and feared for decades. It’s looking like he should’ve just sat there and ate his food.

vevster

What's to stop Russia from continuing what they are doing? Is Alaska next?

We can't just ignore that they think they are above the laws and will do/say/take whatever they want. Kinda like TFG's behavior.
Ukraine has been in play for YEARS now. I don’t believe Putin wants to take Alaska. That’s what Biden wants you to believe so he can keep spending.