Weave It Up Challenge 2010

SunySydeofLyfe

I took my weave out, had a birthday and decided I dont want to weave anymore....my ends are a little 'off' of sorts...I have natural 4b hair that I think I am going to relax...still on the fence....

Happy Hair Growing Ladies!!!

telliott

Re: Weave It Up Challenge 2010 - Ediese ( I need your help!!)

Hello Ladies,

I have been lurking around the forum for about 12 months. Have been transitioning for a year now. Had several setbacks due to terrible takedowns. :-(

Ediese,
Can you send your weaver name and number in Houston? I need someone who i can trust to install properly and take down as well. BTW you mentioned in your earlier posts, that you do your own take downs? How do I do that without slicing through my hair. Am currently wearing an install that am so terrified to take down due to my prior bad experience!!

Thanks so much!

mimi0410

Btw, i unofficially joined this challenge and will be sure to officially join the 2011 Challenge. I was able to get my 2nd sew-in and im pleased with this one as well. I re-used my hair, but I can tell this will be my last install with it. I'm almost 6 months post and sew-ins have saved me so much trouble.

I was scared to get a weave for years lol ... i wish i would've done this earlier because i wouldve transitioned years ago.

Sounds JUST like me!! :nono: If I had only known better! The key of course is the hair used and the installer----when done properly they can look/be undetectable! And can def aide in protective styling :yep:

ms.blue

Even though I'm not officially part of this challenge, here is my pic of my recent install by Jenny Lind. I also met a nikos cousin Anastaja11 (she has beautiful natural hair).

BLESSED1

i'm sorry if this was answered before (i didn't read all the previous posts) but is there a challenge for 2011?

If so i'd like to join, got an install last week and i plan on staying weaved up for a year.

using weaves now to go from a lil past apl to wl however long that takes me

Anastaja11

Even though I'm not officially part of this challenge, here is my pic of my recent install by Jenny Lind. I also met a nikos cousin Anastaja11 (she has beautiful natural hair).

You're hair is absolutely gorgeous and your install came out really good, makes me want to get myself a lace closure.

mimi0410

i'm sorry if this was answered before (i didn't read all the previous posts) but is there a challenge for 2011?

If so i'd like to join, got an install last week and i plan on staying weaved up for a year.

Actually this challenge was for 2010...but there will probably be one for 2011.

Prisangela

So Heres My length Check pics I've retained about 3 inches (bbm Dancing emoticon!) the challenge was great but my hair needs a break lol!

Last edited:

Prisangela

Can I Join?!?!

I'll be going for 12 months

I'm planning to wash every 3-4 weeks

Products I will be using:
Ramoni reconstructor leave-in treatment
my mixture of shea butter, carrot oil and Mega-Tek
rusk healthy shampoo and conditioner

Currently chin length so my goal is to reach shoulder length

sorry...These are my starting pics

loulou82

Actually this challenge was for 2010...but there will probably be one for 2011.

Anyone that is interested in starting a 2011 challenge should do so. :yep: This has been a yearly challenge on LHCF with different members starting it so it would be cool to have one for the new year too.

I'm going to weave two more installs for 2011 that should hopefully push me to MBL. Then I'm done! :grin: I'm happy with the progress I've made this year. I'll post a pic the first week in January when I take my install out.

bluediamond0829

I had a weave that I thought would last me into 2011 but I had to take it out. Never will i go to a $100 weave shop. I'm waiting to here back from my weave stylist for an appointment.

Okay

Yeah i guess i could :)

- Gotta ask though! If co-washing daily is bad in a weave what about when you exercise?! ...

- Any of you have experience with extensions plus? I live in Denmark and we obviously dont carry i here! hmpf! So any of you have a chance to get hold of it? I will pay you via paypal....!!

No point in starting the challenge if i dont even have a weave myself lol!

BLESSED1

i CW'd with a weave years ago when i was new to the board and wound up w/a tangled, mildewy mess. I'm no expert but I don't advise it.

i workout alot & I put grapeseed oil on my scalp after workouts since it's light and has antifungal properties

I haven't had any problems so far, been weaved up for a month now.

Fab79

I made APL :woot: :woot: and will post pictures when i wash this weekend, how did you ladies get on, i'm going to rest from weaves for a bit and use wigs and halfwigs, i may weave for my birthday and possibly summer to switch it up

Finally took out my weave a few days ago. Joined the challenge in June and I've attached a pic of my natural hair, stretched. I retained about 2.5" of new growth and am almost APL (need about 1" to hit that goal). My hair is very porous and dry post weave and I need to dust my ends but otherwise I'm happy with the growth. However, I am not going to weave in 2011. I want to learn how to work with my natural hair using other protective styles. I'm focused on getting my hair healthy, thick and PH balanced AND I want to hit BSL this year. Thanks for this challenge!

Attachments

• Jan2010 hair.jpg
    Jan2010 hair.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 40

Monaleezza

Hello ladies, I figured, you were the people to ask.
I'm currently wearing a sew-in weave. Any suggestions on what I do since I'm going on holiday and will probably end up in chlorine most days?