Weave It Up Challenge 2010

checking in

oooooh my head ITCHES.... i dont know how much longer i'm going to last... i've been in this sew in for 4 weeks (on thursday).... i'm trying to last 3 more weeks.

kurlybella

okay ladies, i'm no in this challenge but wanted to share this pretty weave and fotki i came across.

http://www.public.fotki.com/Co-Cola/halleys-curls-salon/wet-set.html

cech2204

Hey Ladies! I joined this challenge right when it began, but am only now coming in to post my pics. Sorry for the laziness lol! Anyways, I couldn't figure out how to post pics so I have included the link to my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/MiBellaVita/ My install specs are: EP Silky Relaxed Texture (on top) Hair Esthetics Kinky Straight (on bottom and back) 12 inches in a 1bish color. I self-installed on December 28th and again sorry to be so late!!!!!! I plan on weaving it up for 12 months. My next install will be sometime early March! Happy Hair Growing Ladies :)

missnurselady

Okay today officially makes week 4 and I think I'm going to have to take this install down. I cant stand the tangles and the shedding anymore. I want to try Wagmans NC but they are out untill Mid March soooo Im trying to decide what type of hair to get next. I liked my straight install even though I hated styling everyday, but I miss the ease of my wash n go with Bobraz... whats a girl to do???? I think I may try Goddess Remi and go straight until I can get my hands on some Wags.... Help!

Caychica

So yesterday was 5 weeks & 5 days. I clarified with Ion, conditioned with garnier then let my install air dry. I used my blow dryer w/ comb attached to blow out the left out hair (dont kno why i've never used the comb before!!) & flat ironed.

I was about to give up on this hair because of all the shedding/feeling heavy/looking thin, then I brushed it out and......

looking like my bohbraz:lick:

Attachments

• IMG_2639.JPG
    IMG_2639.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 62

Vintageglam

Hey Ladies! I joined this challenge right when it began, but am only now coming in to post my pics. Sorry for the laziness lol! Anyways, I couldn't figure out how to post pics so I have included the link to my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/MiBellaVita/ My install specs are: EP Silky Relaxed Texture (on top) Hair Esthetics Kinky Straight (on bottom and back) 12 inches in a 1bish color. I self-installed on December 28th and again sorry to be so late!!!!!! I plan on weaving it up for 12 months. My next install will be sometime early March! Happy Hair Growing Ladies :)

Hey Cech - I love the install. It looks very natural and not too heavy or weighed down. Very pretty !!! :yep:

okay ladies, i'm no in this challenge but wanted to share this pretty weave and fotki i came across.

http://www.public.fotki.com/Co-Cola/halleys-curls-salon/wet-set.html

I have looked through her albums - this girl knows her weaves !

blksndrlla

Ladies....Quick question...
I had a sew-in done yesterday. It looks great and uber natural, but it is TIGHT! It's just really the nape. I had her leave out the edges, nape and horseshoe, thankfully. What can I do to help alleviate the pain? How long should it take to subside?
I expected some soreness, but this is a bit much. I mentioned it to her when it was being braided and they said it would get looser. Is it possible just to clip a strand or two and not compromise the whole sew-in? Should I wash it or something...

Caychica

Okay today officially makes week 4 and I think I'm going to have to take this install down. I cant stand the tangles and the shedding anymore. I want to try Wagmans NC but they are out untill Mid March soooo Im trying to decide what type of hair to get next. I liked my straight install even though I hated styling everyday, but I miss the ease of my wash n go with Bobraz... whats a girl to do???? I think I may try Goddess Remi and go straight until I can get my hands on some Wags.... Help!

I feel the same about mine. It was fine earlier now it's getting tangled again.. this is Goddess Remi btw. I know other people that have no problems with the straight one, but this wavy one... I cant wait to get my bohbraz back!! Got to stick it out until March :( I had better experience with Premium Now hair.

Maybe some people can chime in about dif brands/suggestions.

Ladies....Quick question...
I had a sew-in done yesterday. It looks great and uber natural, but it is TIGHT! It's just really the nape. I had her leave out the edges, nape and horseshoe, thankfully. What can I do to help alleviate the pain? How long should it take to subside?
I expected some soreness, but this is a bit much. I mentioned it to her when it was being braided and they said it would get looser. Is it possible just to clip a strand or two and not compromise the whole sew-in? Should I wash it or something...

Try taking a pain killer & washing it. I had to do that with this install. I cut the thread too because it was WAY too tight & it messed up the front. I had to buy a needle,thread & sew it back

blksndrlla

Try taking a pain killer & washing it. I had to do that with this install. I cut the thread too because it was WAY too tight & it messed up the front. I had to buy a needle,thread & sew it back

Thanks. I took some tyenol and called her. She is going to loosen it tomorrow. My next step was washing, but it hurts so bad I was dreading trying to.

Vintageglam

hey ladies I am weave free at the mo and taking a break from my last install but thinking of getting this style next...

I like this style bc I am thinking of investing next time in some nice hair and need a style where I will not need to cut the hair so much so that it will be re-usable...

Last edited:

mEmYSELFaNDj

hey ladies I am weave free at the mo and taking a break from my last install but thinking of getting this style next...

I like this style bc I am thinking of investing next time in some nice hair and need a style where I will not need to cut the hair so much so that it will be re-usable...

Love this style. This is my favorite way to wear my installs. I can't wait until my real hair can achieve this style. That will be the end of my active hair growing journey.

Kneechay

I also am kinda curious about all these ladies with uncontrollable itching. I have never had that kind of itching. What is it, the hair? What kind of shampoo are you guys using? Washing often enough?

I'm seriously just a little confused because even when I didnt know how to take care of my weave, I never had all this itching.

This is how I had my sew in, with hair left out in the front horseshoe shape to look flatter and more natural at the parts. I've even styled my hair this way, I did for new year's. Check out some youtubes titled "Farrah Fawcett curls", Salon Cabelo has a good tutorial.

Last edited:

Caychica

Thanks. I took some tyenol and called her. She is going to loosen it tomorrow. My next step was washing, but it hurts so bad I was dreading trying to.

ur welcome. I know how the feels. I was pouring ice cold water on mine all the time then I couldnt take it anymore & loosened it up lol

loulou82

I want to know what hair will give this style too. I love it!

scarcity21

I also am kinda curious about all these ladies with uncontrollable itching. I have never had that kind of itching. What is it, the hair? What kind of shampoo are you guys using? Washing often enough?

I'm seriously just a little confused because even when I didnt know how to take care of my weave, I never had all this itching.
I know right? with my last install I had itching but not with this one....It might be a combo of the products ppl are using to moisturize and not washing enough. The things I did different from my last install (AAMH) was 1. Wash more often ( once every 2 weeks as opposed to every 3 -4 weeks...and I only cowashed).
2. Use a very watered down leave in ( as opposesd to creamy leave ins which I noticed caused build up).
3. Use extra kanekalon hair only on the 1st cornrow( she cornrowed my hair in the beehive pattern), the rest was cornrowed without additional hair and
4.Moisturise more frequently ( Ive even baggied a couple times/week).

I think it all makes a difference.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I plan on taking out my sew in when I get off of work this afternoon.

Yesterday made week 8...I wish I could make at least another 2 weeks.. BUT I bought a couple of wigs over the weekend and I really want to try them out during my 3 week break from this removal

mEmYSELFaNDj

Oh my gosh ladies, im a couple days shy of 11wks in this install and im dying to take it out. But it still looks good. Initial plan was to leave it in for 12wks, but like I said im dying to take it down. Plus I have tons of NG. Since it still looks good im contemplating leaving it up til mid-march 14wks. Im torn, I just want it out because I want to see my progress, but I want to leave it in because I know im not going to want to deal with my real hair so I will end up re-doing another weave anyway. And right now im about over 7mos pregnant and really dont feel like re-installing a weave.(self installer)

Whats should I do? Any suggestions?

(Oh and by the way I never have a problem with matting or detangling so that won't be an issue if I leave it in a little longer.)

cocoaluv

Oh my gosh ladies, im a couple days shy of 11wks in this install and im dying to take it out. But it still looks good. Initial plan was to leave it in for 12wks, but like I said im dying to take it down. Plus I have tons of NG. Since it still looks good im contemplating leaving it up til mid-march 14wks. Im torn, I just want it out because I want to see my progress, but I want to leave it in because I know im not going to want to deal with my real hair so I will end up re-doing another weave anyway. And right now im about over 7mos pregnant and really dont feel like re-installing a weave.(self installer)

Whats should I do? Any suggestions?

(Oh and by the way I never have a problem with matting or detangling so that won't be an issue if I leave it in a little longer.)

If I were you I'd keep it in for 12-14 weeks especially since you said you arent going to be able to deal with your real hair at the moment and will end up having to get another weave. Just for that reason I'd just keep it in a bit longer especially since you dont have any issues with matting or detangling and the weave still looks good.

simone103

I really think it's the hair and maybe the tightness of the braids that's responsible for the itching. You have to be really careful especially when it comes to store-bought weaves, because they use all kinds of chemicals to achieve the look of the hair. The absolute best thing to do when you buy new weave is to soak it for a few minutes in cold water with some white vinegar added to it. The vinegar will strip the weave of most of it's chemicals, and you'll see this nasty...hazy film form at the top of the water. Not everyone has an allergic reaction to weaves, but I still think it's a good preventative measure to soak the weave in the water/vinegar mixture prior to using it. I've had allergic reactions to weaves and kanekalon hair in the past and this mixture is the only thing that stops the itchiness.

MRJ1972

Going on 8 weeks with my weave ( Indi Remi is the brand, I believe)

Needs a good tightening!

I am good to go other wise until the end of March. At that time, I am taking a 2 week break and then into another weave-

loulou82

I love this cut too...try velvet remy, or any remy hair for that matter

Thanks. I priced the Velvet Remy at the BSS today... $69.99 for 12 inches. Is that about right? :spinning: I'm going to another BSS tomorrow to compare.

ETA: It's a toss up between Goddess Remy and Outre Velvet Remy. Opinions welcomed!! I'm want to install either one within the next two weeks.

Last edited: