WEAVE NEWBIE, VENTING!

GreenEyedJen

WEAVE NEWBIE, VENTING! (PICS)

OMG ladies, OMG. That's all I can say right now.

I got my first weave installed two Friday's ago. The woman's been doing hair for twenty years and she specializes in natural hair. I really like her, she did my wash and condition for me and did a free DC because my hair was feeling "crispy" (her word) and she didn't want my hair to break off under the weave (and it was true, I'd been sick that whole week and as a result, hair was dry as a mug).

ANYWAY.

I wanted a full, curly look. Being as this was my first weave ever and I have naturally light hair, I just bought BSS hair. I didn't know how I'd like it and didn't want to waste money on excellent hair if I was just gonna take it out three weeks later. Plus, I'd have to dye anything from Halley's, EP, etc. etc. to get it to match my real hair. So I picked up three packs of Outre Premium Deep Wave in 12" and 16" (they didn't have any 14"). Long story short I had to get another pack of hair from a different vendor because the three packs weren't enough (!). So I left out of there with FOUR FULL PACKS of hair in my head, in lengths 12", 14" (the pack I had to buy in the middle of installation), and 16". AND, the color of the new pack wasn't the same as the color of the others, even though they're the same "number". The hair on top is lighter. I'm okay with that, but it's lighter than my leave-out (whomp, whomp).

But whatever. I went home, put on some makeup, and turned into a different person. I LOVED IT! Here are some pictures of what it looked like then (excuse the poses, I was taking them for my SO):

So I was rocking it and having fun. Then, this past weekend, I went to the club. I have to say, I was looking cute. I'd post the pictures but all of them came out blurry (can't expect a lush to take a picture, I guess). Anyway, long story short, this hating-@$$ chick threw a drink ALLLL over me and my hair! Okay I'm a Taurus, so fellow Taureans, you KNOW how we do when that bull comes out. She was handled.

My hair, however, WASN'T. It is sooo matted it's not even funny. The waves haven't really come back and I think it's pretty much done for. And remember when I said I have four packs in? Yeah, it has GROWN. It actually looks so bad that I'm not going to post pics, but it's something like this:

His curls are better than mine though. :nono:

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do. I'm not as upset about the hair getting messed up than I am about the fact that I'm not going to really be able to get a PS out of this (because I'm most likely gonna have to take the hair out way before I planned). The entire reason why I tried a weave is because I'm horrible at other protective styles and I need help during the winter. Oh well, thanks for reading my rant!

Last edited:

Ishtar

I think you should have posted a pic of your real hair instead of the lion because he's stuck in my mind. LOL. To help with the hair that's matted and tangled use either glycerin, jeri juice, coconut oil or olive oil. Whichever you have in stock and it will help tremendously with slip.

I detangled my hair after removing twists that had some gel on them with CFCG yesterday. I used my finger to loose stuck strands ( dry hair by the way) and it was literally a breeze. Afterwards I deep conditioned.

Last edited:

Ijanei

lol sorry to laugh but that was something that seems like it would be my luck smh! NO advice but that color does look cute on ur skin...

Charlie555

DO you think the matting could have a lot to do with you using 2 different brands? Would you consdier taking out the tracks, watching a few youtube vidoes on how to sew it yourself and sewing in new hair yourself? That way you could still get your protective style on without having to take it all the way down.

HTH

Last edited:

SunySydeofLyfe

I would suggest that first you take your time and comb out the tangles...its going to swell some more but you dont want to add water to the tangled hair....then wash the install in the shower..do not manipulate the hair at all, run your fingers down and thru DO NOT WASH THIS HAIR LIKE ITS YOUR...RUN YOUR FINGERS DOWN AND THRU, I prefer Dove intensive care or Silk elements, condition it...twist the hair and let it dry. I think this should help, I havent used the brands you are talking about so I cant say how they respond to water, but its worth a try

Carisa

i used to use mousse on my weaves when they got tangled and frizzy and u know u crazy for that lion girl lol

GreenEyedJen

FRESHstart101 I had to laugh to keep from crying. Haha. Ishtar thank you girl! I was scared to put any "juice" on it for fear it would mat up more. Unfortunately the waves seem like they're dun dada BUT the juice definitely helped with the matting. Now if I can get my curling/twisting skills on point maybe the waves will come back.

Thanks for the other responses, everyone. I wish I had enough confidence to attempt my own sew-in, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna mess it up. The funny thing about the matting is the the different brands did not mat with each other! I thought that that was an issue too, but it wasn't. Honestly the more I work with it the more I realize that most of the matting was with the Outre Premium Deep Wave. I don't even think I'd have to make this thread if I had all of the other brand in my head. Oh well. Lesson learned.

DON'T BUY OUTRE PREMIUM DEEP WAVE!