weave question

Go0dGirl08

Ok I'm back after being gone for months and not doing what I should for my hair. I've decided to weave it up at least until my hair is healthy and even. My question to you weave gurus out there is weave cap or no weave cap? Which is better for the health and maintenance of your hair? Please help. I'm aware I could still oil my scalp through the cap because its netted but will my wash and conditionings suffer?

Stepiphanie

I don't use a cap and my hair turns out just fine. I am interested to hear from ladies who use caps too..what are the benefits?

ajacks

I only used the net when my hair was really really short to help strengthen the foundation for the weave. Now, I never use one.

Opey

I always use a net, it puts less stress on the hair so pulling doesnt happen, and it aids for a flatter sew-in. I also wash and condition with no problems

Thann

^^^I put whatever I'm using to wash and condition into an applicator bottle to apply. I normally rinse in the shower so I can use the pressure to make sure I get it really clean.

I always use a net, it puts less stress on the hair so pulling doesnt happen, and it aids for a flatter sew-in. I also wash and condition with no problems

I agree 100%.

Last edited:

LovelyRo

I use a weave cap... it keeps contained throughout the sew in. I'm able to care for my hair the same as I would without a cap.