weaves and fine/thin hair

NYRICAN1

Hi everyone,

I was seriously thinking of getting a sew in weave but am afraid it might do more harm than good since I have very fine hair. My hair is almost apl and I wanted to use this as a protective style . I did wear a sew in at one time but wore it for 3 months:nono: . I had lots of growth but lost lots of hair because of the matting. This time I would like to wear it for 4 weeks at a time. any suggestions?

I wore a sewn in weave one time some years back. Never again, unless it's done professionally. My hair came out sooo bad...I had no choice but to chop down to a bob.

Girl...before you get a sew-in weave, please check out my thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=149351

I just got a sew-in weave taken out, and the way the stylist took it out damaged my hair. Who knows if the actual weave damaged my hair also! I don't even know! I'm a fine-haired girl too, and I think that the weave was just too much stress on my hair. I only wore mine for about 6 weeks too.

So, if you decide to get one, just make sure you find someone who knows what they're doing.

In hindsight though, even though my weave DID look dynamite, it really wasn't worth it IMO. Now, I'm wishing my hair were the same.

yea just be careful...before when i was trying to transition...i had a sewin weave done..and my hair is fine and thin and it caused some real damage...i never really saw growth like others with sewin weaves...

i wish i could do somethinng like Reneice..and how she got amazing growth just by doing sewins....

http://members.fotki.com/Reniece20/about/

you should check out some of her responses about sewin weaves...because this is what i pulled from one of her replies to another on the matter....

"Yes, a weave can help you hair to grow WITH proper maintenance. You still have to tend to you hair while it's in a weave. However, if your hair is too weak right now, it may not be an ideal time for a weave (because it may cause more damaged). You should strengthen your hair with protein treatments first."

and that probably was the whole reason why my hair was mor damaged with having the sewin weave because my hair was so weak before i allowed whoever to put it in...

yea just be careful...before when i was trying to transition...i had a sewin weave done..and my hair is fine and thin and it caused some real damage...i never really saw growth like others with sewin weaves...

i wish i could do somethinng like Reneice..and how she got amazing growth just by doing sewins....

http://members.fotki.com/Reniece20/about/

you should check out some of her responses about sewin weaves...because this is what i pulled from one of her replies to another on the matter....

"Yes, a weave can help you hair to grow WITH proper maintenance. You still have to tend to you hair while it's in a weave. However, if your hair is too weak right now, it may not be an ideal time for a weave (because it may cause more damaged). You should strengthen your hair with protein treatments first."

I forgot abour Reneice! Now, she can do some weaves!!:grin:

I forgot abour Reneice! Now, she can do some weaves!!:grin:

yea i wish i could afford to go up to MD for her to my weave....now she is someone i would travel for...

boy i wish she was doing some traveling she could really make some money..all she needs is just to book up one month in one state she probably could be working everyday with a couple of heads...i know i would be the first to sign up..

Back