Suggestion Wedding forum-we need one badly

ajoyfuljoy

I'm bringing this up again for a second time. Why do we have a pet forum with 48 threads in it? I'm sure if they started a wedding forum and searched the boards for threads they would have many, many more. There are too many women on this forum getting married or who know someone being married for us not to have one.

We have a tech forum, even a thread dedicated to one person (Michael Jackson). It just makes absolutely no sense to me why we can't have a forum or sub-forum dedicated to one of the most important events of a woman's life. This is a forum full of women. I just got married and I have already been involved in helping to plan another wedding. This is always something that will be happening for many people.

People post wedding threads and the same questions get asked over and over again b/c there isn't a central place for all the info. to be stored. We really need a wedding forum.

Qualitee

Having a wedding sub forum would lift the spirits in the relationship forum. God knows that forum can be a downer.

ajoyfuljoy

When I have posted this before, someone also brought up going to a different site for black brides. There is always another site that will have better info. than what we have represented in our various forums. The point is, we are here. This is our social home. And we should have a wedding forum within LHCF, we shouldn't have to go outside to get that information.

GraceV

Having a wedding sub forum would lift the spirits in the relationship forum. God knows that forum can be a downer.
I started typing this but you got to it before me. Yes it would be nice to have a wedding subforum to bring more positive perspectives to the relationship forum. It can get pretty depressing some times

Plus it would be nice to have all the wedding info in one place. There are 2010, 2011 brides threads floating about, another really successful thread on pictures of black brides where info about wedding photographers was shared. There's the new thread for wedding ideas. Some of the info is repetitive, so mods we could be saving virtual space by having this stuff together that way unnecessary threads won't be started.

A wedding is such a big deal in the life of a woman and this is a site for women. I think it would also be nice (and encouraging) to see "black love" closer to home with members we are familiar with.

Phew! I'm out of breath. You would think I was getting married or something :) I just enjoy seeing wedding stuff.

ebsalita

I second that - one of the reasons I want to grow my hair is that when I (eventually!) get married, I want to show it off!

Come on Admins you know it makes sense.... pretty please

Dposh167

i'm not even close to getting married....but i hope u girls get one. I love to lurk and learn ideas

natural in ATL

15+ years natural
Totally agree on a wedding forum. I am about four months away from my wedding, and it's difficult to search for wedding-related threads in several different forums (Relationships, Off-Topic, etc.) to find what I need.

Thanks in advance!!

ajoyfuljoy

I'm not even close to being pregnant either, but I lurk in the pregnancy forum several times a week. I've also shared info. that I've learned in that forum with other friends who will be moms in the next couple of years. I just want to say thanks to LHCF for that forum.

ebsalita

Who are the admins on this site, and how do we know they can see this thread?

No-one seems to have acknowledged it yet... :look:

Kiki0130

I have recently divorced and I'm against marriage now, lol, but
I see the value of a wedding forum.

If it isn't too difficult, I see it as a wonderful, positive addition
to LHCF.

Miss_C

I am not married, engaged, or even in a relationship, and I 100% support a wedding forum. We need one, let's make it happen. I've learned about hair, healthy living,improving my financial well-being, cooking, decorating, politics, and technology on this forum, why not weddings? It will not only serve as ground zero for all the engaged ladies, but as a source for those of us who will one day get married.

While we're at it, how about breaking up the relationship forum into sub forums for weddings, singles, and divorce/infidelity support? It's such a complex forum, it might be a little easier to navigate if people have a specific place to go.

TayMac

I think a wedding forum would be great. I'm not getting married yet nor planning for a big wedding when I do but I like sharing in other people's planning and joy!

blksndrlla

I would love to have a wedding forum (or sub-forum). It is one of the only things I HAVE to leave LHCF for. It is funny because, like the above poster, one of the reasons I am growing my hair out is for my future wedding.

Having several threads based on your wedding year is not effective. They aren't specific enough and don't foster productivity. The same questions get asked, but it is difficult to search for the answer because it is under an obscure thread called 2009 Wedding Thread.

I am comfortable here and would like to be able to do everything in one place; especially since this is a unique section of the population that I share commonalities with.

Last edited:

kittikat24

I'm just popping in to say I agree, we need a Wedding forum so that ideas can always be up to date and easy to find/all in one place!!

NikkiQ

I couldn't agree more! I'm getting married on 9/10/11 and would love to get suggestions and ideas from fellow LHCF members that are married already or that are in the planning stages such as myself. Especially ones that can suggest cute hairstyles :giggle:

sunnieb

I agree with everyone! Bring on the wedding forum!

Our 20 year anniversary is creeping up and I've been tossing around the idea of renewing our vows with a wedding ceremony. We didn't have a ceremony, we made a downpayment on a house instead. :grin:

Anyhoo, if I did decide to do this, I would need a lot of help! Having everything in one forum would be a life-saver.

F8THINHIM

I definitely agree! This would've helped me soo much! I am constantly looking for answers and time is running short for me. I would love to have one central place to find everything I need. The LHCF family is so knowledgeable and supportive. It would be wonderful to be able to put my hands on what I need without the "frustration of the search..." :perplexed

I'm just sayin... :spinning:

MrsMe

I'm craving for a wedding forum! A lot of us are getting married within the next year or two (including me) so it's not like it would not be popular. Let's not even talk about how many wives are on this forum who might want to discuss marital topics.