Wedding Photographer Fought A Man After Finding Out He Was Marrying A 15-year-old Girl

UniquelyDivine

According to a report from Strait Times, a man by the name of Onur Albayrak was hired to photograph a wedding at Malatya’s Ozal Nature Park on July 5. In the process of taking the photos, he noticed that the bride-to-be appeared to be underage and asked the groom about his suspicions. The groom told the photographer that his bride was only 15-years-old.

Albarak was clearly upset with the groom’s answer, and started a fight with his client.

The photographer recalled that the bride was trembling out of fear when he saw her for the first time: “The groom had come to my studio some two weeks ago and was alone. I saw the bride for the first time at the wedding. She’s a child, and I felt her fear because she was trembling. The groom attacked me as I was leaving.”

He confirmed the actions via his Facebook page, saying that he does not regret his actions whatsoever. He wrote, “Yes, the reports are correct. A child bride means child abuse, and no force in the world can make me photograph a child as a bride”

Turkish law prohibits child marriages, and the minimum age for men and women is 18 (with the exception of special circumstances if the marrying partner is 17).

Petal26

Good man!

It's hard to believe child marriage is still legal in most of the US, except Delaware in NJ. It's barbaric.