Weekly Hair Treatments..how often??

kinkycotton

I wanted to do a weekly hot oil treatment, moisturizing deep conditioning, and 2x a month protein treatment because of my breakage problem I've been having before going natural. I've read a couple of articles that hot oil treatments is only for monthly use. With my protein treatments, I want to increase it but need to have a good balance with moisturizing deep conditioning as well.
I'm just trying to simplify my wash days:yep:.

My question are:
1. Can hot oil treatments be done weekly?
2. If protein treatments are done more than 2 x a month, how many moisturizing dc should i do to balance it out?

Good news: my hair touches the tip of my nose now but I feel I should have more growth if I could just retain the hair breaking off.:rolleyes:

clever

1. Can hot oil treatments be done weekly?
I only do them once per month.I find they don't need to be done more than that on my head.You'll have to test it and find out.
2. If protein treatments are done more than 2 x a month, how many moisturizing dc should i do to balance it out?
You should follow up with one moisturizing DC each time you do a protein treatment.

LaidBak

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a hot oil treatment per se--But I layer EVOO over my DC and then cover that with a heated cap every time I DC. I do that about 2ce a week. My hair has thrived from this. But I am partial because ^^^ "I Heart EVOO"