WEN

aquajoyice

:perplexed
Sorry so many questions. Please tell me how you use it. I'm thinking I'm going to buy it to try it. I'm relaxed and I'm attempting a year long stretch. Which WEN would you recommend?

Ask away i'm the same way when it comes to trying something new :yep:
I wash twice a week with it and once I'll use it as a deep condition and leave it in for about 30 min. I accidentally bought the Wen Fig styling creme so i've also incorporate that as a leave in/ detangler. I know the Fig is said to be the most moisurizing and the best thing about it is how it gets your new growth really supple and easier to manage. I'm currently 8 1/2 weeks post and I have a lot of new growth but i'm still able to comb through it with no problems. I also like the fact that my hair feels squeeky clean but moisturized at the same time. Which is really important when your stretching because product building can cause matting. I wish I had this stuff when I was doing my 6 month stretch becuase it would have made my life a lot easier. But after that stretch i've decided to stretch 14weeks as part of my regular regimen so we'll see how well it works the more new growth I get.

Last edited:

aquajoyice

What does the styling cream do? Has anyone used it or the oils? I wish I had put myself on the auto delivery program now :ohwell:

I accidentally bought the styling creme first :spinning: and have been using it as a leave in. I didn't buy the oils but I added two drops of 100% pure Argan oil to it and it's like a super moisturizer! My hair feel sooooooo creamy. My new growth feels soft and it doesn't weigh your hair down so it still feels light even if you flat iron. BYTW I have the Fig styling creme, I haven't tried any others yet. I did buy a 32oz bottle of the Cleansing conditioner recently and i'm loving it :grin:

fatimablush

Is is good because it has no sulfates? Would a different sulfate poo do just as good as WEN? I want to try it, but the price has me saying:nono::nono::nono:. Us it really worth the price?:rolleyes:

Try Hair One from Sally's Beauty Supply. It is supposed to be a generic version of wen..I tried it and like it.

beans4reezy

Love the smell of fig. Does anyone else here think that the cucumber melon smells like relaxer? I like the results as far as moisture, but the smell makes me uneasy.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Love the smell of fig. Does anyone else here think that the cucumber melon smells like relaxer? I like the results as far as moisture, but the smell makes me uneasy.

You mean the Cucumber Aloe :yep:
I don't think it smells like relaxer. I use the Cucumber Aloe Body Cleansing Creme with my Clarisonic to cleanse my face. It's great!

Honey Bee

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I luv, luv luv the cucumber aloe! I've been using it for about a year and a half, and it really did change my hair. I use a no lye perm so I'm always in need of moisture- not anymore! :lachen: When I got to the point where I was over moisturized (setback-city), I knew it was a miracle product...

but don't forget the protein.

cutenss

I want to try the WEN re-moist hydrating mask. I bet it would be awesome used with a steamer :yep: Next time QVC has it on auto delivery, I'm on it.

beans4reezy

I want to try the WEN re-moist hydrating mask. I bet it would be awesome used with a steamer :yep: Next time QVC has it on auto delivery, I'm on it.

You should really give it a try. The mask is the BEST DC I've ever used! Alas, the price tag and small qty does not allow me to keep a steady supply. But that stuff is great :yep:

Muse

I just did my second wash with Wen Tea Tree. It's even better than the first! My hair AND scalp feel really good. I ordered fig on Sunday and it should arrive on Wednesday. If tea tree makes my hair feel this good I can only imagine what fig will do for my moisture levels. I really hope I continue to get consistent results because I am ready to clear out all of my products and just have nothing but Wen and Bkt in my closet (oh and maybe a bottle of Lacio Lacio:grin:).

I know people say you can just use a regular conditioner to wash with and get the same results but so far I have not found one that makes my hair feel this good (I wish I could find one it would be much cheaper). No buildup or dryness and I have tried to cowash with everything from Aveda and Joico to VO5 and everything in between. Also Wen with Bkt have me on :cloud9: . Keeping my fingers crossed that my results are not a fluke!

Muse

I've been so curious about this. Its really that much better than the Sally version?

Like rate Wen vs Sallys on a 1-10 scale.

I used Hair One from Sally's when it first came out. I don't really remember liking it too much because I didn't use it long. Most likely I wasn't using it properly. I hadn't tried Wen at that point. Wen just has a bit more natural ingredients and less chemicals than Hair One.
Also the amodimethicone is a lot higher up on the list than Wen. I know Wen isn't completely natural but if I am going to be massaging this stuff into my scalp as much as they say to do then I would prefer to do it with Wen's ingredients. Perhaps someone else will chime in to give a better comparison because I don't think I gave Hair One a fair chance.

MissB

My mom uses Wen exclusively. She kicked Ojon out. I will have to go through her stash on Christmas to see what the excitement is all about...

I used Hair One from Sally's when it first came out. I don't really remember liking it too much because I didn't use it long. Most likely I wasn't using it properly. I hadn't tried Wen at that point. Wen just has a bit more natural ingredients and less chemicals than Hair One.
Also the amodimethicone is a lot higher up on the list than Wen. I know Wen isn't completely natural but if I am going to be massaging this stuff into my scalp as much as they say to do then I would prefer to do it with Wen's ingredients. Perhaps someone else will chime in to give a better comparison because I don't think I gave Hair One a fair chance.

That's a very balanced and fair review/response.

So its silicones? Dimethicone is a silicone right?

I'm so curious. Off to youtube lol.

One day I'm gonna actually make an account so I can keep track of my favorite videos.

Muse

That's a very balanced and fair review/response.

So its silicones? Dimethicone is a silicone right?

I'm so curious. Off to youtube lol.

One day I'm gonna actually make an account so I can keep track of my favorite videos.

Yup, dimethicone is a silicone. Neither Hair One or Wen have dimethicone but they both have amodimethicone, it's just that Hair One has a lot more of it. I say start off with Hair One because I think it will give you a good idea of how Wen works. Then you should try Wen at some point.

*Keep an eye out on the Hair Product Exchange board here, you can sometimes find a really good deal on Wen.:yep:

Muse

I got my Fig in the mail yesterday! I ordered the one that comes with the comb. The comb is a really nice quality and SEAMLESS! Nice smooth finish. I haven't tried the fig yet but cause I still want to see how the tea tree works for me over the course of several weeks. I plan on buying the lavender cc and oil.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I got my Fig in the mail yesterday! I ordered the one that comes with the comb. The comb is a really nice quality and SEAMLESS! Nice smooth finish. I haven't tried the fig yet but cause I still want to see how the tea tree works for me over the course of several weeks. I plan on buying the lavender cc and oil.

I actually love Chaz's oils. I use the Fig, Lavender and Sweet Almond Mint.
I recommend a strong buy for the oils as well.

Honey Bee

OMG, y'all!!

Tiny backstory: My household has been embroiled in what I've been calling 'Wen Wars 2009' :swordfigh: mom gets the auto-ship but wants to discontinue it. So I'm like, um, in that case, what would you use to do your hair, cuz I'm the one that buys everything else, which is, in fact, equivalent to the amount she's spending on wen. *side-eye at mommy* Then, heresy and blasphemy of all time and all ages, she wanted to sell the 'extra' (what!?) on friggin Ebay. :swearing: :cry3:

However, I just found out, through :sekret: some super-sneaky, Matlock/ Murder She Wrote- type sleuthing, I was able to ascertain that,

MY MAN SIGNED ME UP FOR AUTOSHIP (as one of my Christmas gifts)!!!!!!!

Oh snap! I can't even contain my self right now. :yay:

(breathe... breathe)

Okay, I wanna thank Jesus, my homegirls at LHCF who first let me know this product would work on black hair... and yes, my mama, cuz apparently, she sent him to Chaz Dean's site and told my boo what 'flavor' I prefer. :lachen:

(sorry to be long, but y'all are the only ones who would understand my overwhelming joy and happiness )

Thank you and good night.

Last edited:

Muse

I actually love Chaz's oils. I use the Fig, Lavender and Sweet Almond Mint.
I recommend a strong buy for the oils as well.

Great JN! I was hoping the oils wouldn't be a waste. They have great reviews on the QVC site as well. I mainly want them for overnight treatment. I DCd with the tea tree cc and I just can't stand jumping in and out of the shower, because Chaz says the proper way to DC w/it is to cleanse with half the amount first and them put the other half in and DC.

With the oils I like the fact that I can put it on dry hair at night and wash out in the morning. I plan on ordering the lavender oil first.

Last edited:

Muse

OMG, y'all!!

Tiny backstory: My household has been embroiled in what I've been calling 'Wen Wars 2009' :swordfigh: mom gets the auto-ship but wants to discontinue it. So I'm like, um, in that case, what would you use to do your hair, cuz I'm the one that buys everything else, which is, in fact, equivalent to the amount she's spending on wen. *side-eye at mommy* Then, heresy and blasphemy of all time and all ages, she wanted to sell the 'extra' (what!?) on friggin Ebay. :swearing: :cry3:

However, I just found out, through :sekret: some super-sneaky, Matlock/ Murder She Wrote- type sleuthing, I was able to ascertain that,

(breathe... breathe)

Okay, I wanna thank Jesus, my homegirls at LHCF who first let me know this product would work on black hair... and yes, my mama, cuz apparently, she sent him to Chaz Dean's site and told my boo what 'flavor' I prefer. :lachen:

(sorry to be long, but y'all are the only ones who would understand my overwhelming joy and happiness )

Aww man lucky you! I wish I could get my bf to get me on autoship as a gift. Why does your mom want to stop using Wen? Have you had a chance to try any of hers?

This stuff is the best! I am having my sister try it out this weekend. She just took her braids out and said she needed HELP with the tangles and matting. Wen to the rescue!

JerriBlank

OMG, y'all!!

(breathe... breathe)

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I'm always giving acceptance speeches too!lol!That was funny!