**WENT TO DOMINICANS...HAD A REVELATION (PICS!!)**

JuicesN'Berries

Ok so I went to the Dominicans yesterday and my hair came out really nice. But I'm afraid that it has led me to the conclusion that I want to go natural again:ohwell: A little over a year ago I went to the dominicans when I had natural hair and my hair was in much, much, much better shape. I mean it was so much thicker it had so much life and body....And now it just hangs there, straight and silky but lifeless! I hate to do it because my hair really has grown....but I'm thinking I'm gonna do the BC:spinning: I'm to impatient to transition. This really sucks because I was natural for three years and my hair was really growing nicely...and on a whim I slapped some relaxer in it! I really don't what to do...do you ladies have any advice????

Below are the pics...sorry I took these with my phone so you can't really see the texture

1224357546.jpg

1224357549.jpg

girl its hair. perm it braid it loc it, it will grow back for you to decide to do something else. good luck

So you're thinking about going natural again? Go for it! I feel like my straightened natural hair has more movement, softness, and thickness than when I had relaxed hair. Whatever you decide, do what makes you happy. ;)

It looks good to me. You know your hair though.
You can definately transition into it. I have gone from relaxing
to texlaxing and can see that the transition is going to be easier once I decide to stop relaxing altogether. Either way honey, I think you and your hair are beautiful and you will have support here on whatever you decide to do.

Lifeless?? :huh:

That would not be a word I would use to describe your hair. Are we looking at the same pictures? lol

I would give it at least a week or two before I made my decision. That's a lot of hair to just chop off on a whim.

If you do decide to BC, good luck! :)

I agree with Neith. Your hair looks great in the pics. If you do decide to make a major change, take your time with your decision. I really think your hair looks great :yep:

Really take your time to think about it before you BC, else you might regret it. If you decide that its best for you, am sure your hair will look great short

this is how i feel...it's soooo thin i can't stand it..i want to transition so bad but i don't know what i would do during the transition or with it in it's natural state all the time!!

That would not be a word I would use to describe your hair. Are we looking at the same pictures? lol

I would give it at least a week or two before I made my decision. That's a lot of hair to just chop off on a whim.

Neith, just to say...it's always a pleasure to read your posts..so positive, so on point, real and considerate of others. You are a good cheerleader:user:.

Aww, I think your hair is beautiful and cutting it all off right now is drastic.

I say wait it out a bit. I wouldn't want you to have any regrets in cutting all of that beautiful hair off.

Your progress is great! Your hair has grown so much.

I went from long relaxed hair to fully natural and I didn't BC.

I used braids , a lot of twist styles and curly fros and I just cut the length off an inch or 2 as my new growth came in. The transition was not drastic at all.

You look like you have fast growing hair too so maybe you can try that too before you cut all your length off at once.

I wish you the best in any case.

I say go for it! You know what it's like to have long relaxed hair, and you know what it's like to have long natural hair. You miss your natural hair, and slapping on relaxer after 3 years natural "on a whim" is just as drastic as going for the BC.
Whatever you do, have fun with it.

girl its hair. perm it braid it loc it, it will grow back for you to decide to do something else. good luck

I know...I wish it were that easy, for me anyway but I really am obsessed with LONG hair!! So although it will grow back....I'm not into drastic changes in length.

But you do have the right attitude!

So you're thinking about going natural again? Go for it! I feel like my straightened natural hair has more movement, softness, and thickness than when I had relaxed hair. Whatever you decide, do what makes you happy. ;)

All I can say is Ditto!!! You never really know the difference until you have had both....

It looks good to me. You know your hair though.
You can definately transition into it. I have gone from relaxing
to texlaxing and can see that the transition is going to be easier once I decide to stop relaxing altogether. Either way honey, I think you and your hair are beautiful and you will have support here on whatever you decide to do.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and compliments, keep'em coming, lol!!!

LMAO.....Well you know how it is when people say you look great but in your own mind you don't feel like you look all that great ...its kinda like that.

You are so right about waiting...thats how I got in this mess in the first place...

Thank you so much for your comical response and helpful advice!!!

I agree with Neith. Your hair looks great in the pics. If you do decide to make a major change, take your time with your decision. I really think your hair looks great :yep:

Thank You!!

I'm sorry hun but your hair looks good to me. :yep: My natural hair straightened isn't even as thick as yours. Do what makes you happy.

I agree with nappyafro...do you!!! It's hair and it'll grow back! I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you decide. The pics in your post and siggy are beautiful, even your 'angry' face, lol.

I'm thinking the same thing. OP, your hair is banging:yep: It looks very healthy.

But if you want to go natural again, go for it!

Aww, I think your hair is beautiful and cutting it all off right now is drastic.

I say wait it out a bit. I wouldn't want you to have any regrets in cutting all of that beautiful hair off.

Your progress is great! Your hair has grown so much.

Thank You! I think I am gonna wait...but not for two long because I want to be well on my way with whatever I decide to do....

I went from long relaxed hair to fully natural and I didn't BC.

I used braids , a lot of twist styles and curly fros and I just cut the length off an inch or 2 as my new growth came in. The transition was not drastic at all.

You look like you have fast growing hair too so maybe you can try that too before you cut all your length off at once.

I wish you the best in any case.

Yeah I would love to be able to slowly cut it off but I don't think I can stand the two different textures....I just recently did a 13 week stretch and it was almost too much to handle!!! If I do decide to do I definitely will be in touch with you for more advice.....thanks.

I say go for it! You know what it's like to have long relaxed hair, and you know what it's like to have long natural hair. You miss your natural hair, and slapping on relaxer after 3 years natural "on a whim" is just as drastic as going for the BC.
Whatever you do, have fun with it.

Tell me about it!! I realized that time I washed out the relaxer...I felt like a scrawny wet dog!!!!!! I miss my naps!

I'm sorry hun but your hair looks good to me. :yep: My natural hair straightened isn't even as thick as yours. Do what makes you happy.

Thanks for the advice...

I agree with nappyafro...do you!!! It's hair and it'll grow back! I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you decide. The pics in your post and siggy are beautiful, even your 'angry' face, lol.

Thank you so much...your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! I can never have hair like yours with these chemicals in my head... How did you get your hair to look like that in your avatar??? It really is stunning!!

I'm thinking the same thing. OP, your hair is banging:yep: It looks very healthy.

But if you want to go natural again, go for it!

Thanks....you ladies are so supportive...

Back