Wet Bunning Question

Poutchi

Hello there,
I am bunning my hair like 99% of the time lately and I have read a lot about the benefits of damp bunning. the only thing is that i usually do the sock bun ( donuts bun). I am just wondering how do i keep the donuts from drying my hair ( the ends that are spread around it). Do I need to put some sort of oil on that donuts? It is made of a tissue material but i don't think it is satin or silk.
My hair is longer than SL but i don't know why i just can't get a full bun out os it alone. I would like to have more idea of buns that don't involve ponytail holders also. The only bun I know how to do it the sock bun and it ponytail holder also has broken hair when i take it down.
thanks a lot

KurlyNinja

My hair is lower NL and I can still do a nice size donut bun... I think this may have a lot to do with my big head though :ohwell: I personally do not like donut buns though. They are drying and I fear for my ends trying to keep them down with hair ties. Here is a bun vid without the use of hair ties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvHH2z4UCPQ

LaFemmeNaturelle

Hi Poutchi! It's meee ILG!! lol anywho, you could try buying a silk sock and rolling it into an actual bun mold or you can use the mold you have, wrap synthetic hair around it and then put it on as usual. There's a youtube video for it but I don't have the link right now. I'll post the link if I come across it.

Qurlyqt

I have a sock bun that I wrapped with satin and sewed together. :yep: I always oil my ends and make sure they are completely moisturized before tucking them around the satin.

Sade'

I have a sock bun that I wrapped with satin and sewed together. :yep: I always oil my ends and make sure they are completely moisturized before tucking them around the satin.

Wow your braided bun is beautiful!