WGO make anyone else's hair really silky/soft? Any other oils? Whats causing this?

fluffylocks

WGO seems like its completly changing the feel of my hair. My hair is coarse and very cohesive, which means it can feel/be very rough, dry, tangle/knot/matt/dred easily, and have a dullnes to it.
This product is making my hair incredibly silky even after it gets wet and i dont put anything else on it.

Only a few products do anything for my hair, and the effects never carry through after my hair is wet and dried with nothing on it.
(Cream of nature shampoo, Carefree moisturizer, John Frieda glaze,--pressing oil for straight hair)

WGO made anyones else's hair really silky/soft?

Im trying to figure out what is the ingrideint that does this? Has anyone with great results from WGO experienced the same exact feeling with another oil?

The ingreidents are
Olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, vitamin d, choline, inositol, iron, magnesium, phosphorusm Calcuium, natural color, fragrance

I've tried coconut oil---didnt give my hair the same feeling, softness though, tried oilive oil, wasnt all pure though so i cant judge that fully, never tried jojoba oil

Have to know whats up incase this product does something stupid like cream of nature

BlondeByDesire

Re: WGO make anyone else's hair really silky/soft? Any other oils? Whats causing this

I have WGO - and I'm not getting this effect at all. Are you putting it the scalp or the length - or both? I've heard this before from other ladies on the forum that WGO makes there hair soft and silky - it just seems so thick and I'm scared to put a lot of it on.

Soul♥Flower

Re: WGO make anyone else's hair really silky/soft? Any other oils? Whats causing this

You know, I was wondering the same thing. I think it's the Black seed oil and or Castor oil. I have another oil that comes in the same type of bottle (Nubian Expressions?) and the only ingredients common in both are Black Seed oil and Castor oil (and maybe olive oil, I can't remember all the ingredients)

ETA: Whoops! I was referring to the WGO light ingredients. Maybe it's the Olive oil?

ETAA: Maybe the vit. D comes in a heavy oil base? Kind of like vit. e?

Last edited:

fluffylocks

I have WGO - and I'm not getting this effect at all. Are you putting it the scalp or the length - or both? I've heard this before from other ladies on the forum that WGO makes there hair soft and silky - it just seems so thick and I'm scared to put a lot of it on.

Both. --but moreso just the hair, i dont really put that much on my scalp, only alittle because thats what the directions were saying.

But it only works this well IMO when your hair is wet....Are you putting it on your hair after you've washed before everything else?

It actually is kind of thick i know, so i just put some on after rinsing everything from my hair, let it dry, ----then add moisturizers (but im finding i dont need anyhting else at all)

Anyway i use like a squirt for my ends (Like an inch around puddle in the middle of my hand)---and then about 4-5 more for my entire head---I try to divide it in 4 sections and apply a squirt to each

fluffylocks

You know, I was wondering the same thing. I think it's the Black seed oil and or Castor oil. I have another oil that comes in the same type of bottle (Nubian Expressions?) and the only ingredients common in both are Black Seed oil and Castor oil (and maybe olive oil, I can't remember all the ingredients)

ETA: Whoops! I was referring to the WGO light ingredients. Maybe it's the Olive oil?

ETAA: Maybe the vit. D comes in a heavy oil base? Kind of like vit. e?

Oh okay i was wondering about the WGO light---So it works just as well and the smell isnt too heavy?

Im going to try all of these seperatly...Olive oil first then i'll check out that D....Im wondering if it does come in an oil, or if those are just kind of like extracts and a very small portion of the product and they just added it for show.

Faith

Thanks for this post. I forgot I had a couple bottles of this oil. I drift away from it but always come back to it. One of the only things that gets my hair soft as well.

LiberianGirl

I get the same silky results of WGO when I use castor oil. Castor oil is the bomb...it just stinks really bad:ohwell:

Forever in Bloom

It makes my hair soft too :blush:

I eventually forgot about using it to make my hair have some "wild growth" and loved the fact that it made my hair so soft!

meverllyn1

Hey, where can you buy it? I never tried it before, but after reading all the wonderful things about it, i think ill give it a try.

Mev

Platinum

Hey, where can you buy it? I never tried it before, but after reading all the wonderful things about it, i think ill give it a try.

Mev

You can find it at the BSS, Sally's, and Walgreens.

charmtreese

Yeah, WGHO got me thinking ***I got good hurr***:lachen:

There is nothing else out there that makes my hair so smooth and silky and when you use it along with castor oil its like WOW!!!!

I use WGHO on my NG (so it does get on my scalp) and ends about 3 times a week.

I also spike my WGHO with grapefruit oil to kill the smell and plus I love grapefruit oil so I put it in just about everything!:grin:

PinkPebbles

I recently purchased the Geuye Oil and this makes my hair really soft. I apply it to my scalp and roots while my hair is wet (hot oil treatment).

The ingredients: Capizum (misspelled), rosemary, sage, jojoba, olive oil, peppermint, coconut.