What a difference 2 years can make!

la flaca

I found a old thread where I posted like 30 things I was using or was gonna use:realitycheck: PJism at is finest! :lol:. I really was out of control back then:lachen:.

These are the only products that I still buy (out of 35)
Aveda DR Line
Chi Silk Infusion
Henna - Indigo

And these are the ones I've added since then:
Aveda Color Conserve
Aveda Dry Remedy
Ovation/MT

It's going to be 2 years since I joined this forum and I must thank you all for sharing your wisdom and for all you support. I :heart: LHCF!!

Now, my question is:

Are you still out of control?:grin:

Tee

But you know we had to go through all 50/11 products to figure out what our hair liked. :curtain:

texasqt

I'm there with you...I use the same products over and over now.
However, I still have a bunch of stuff that I'm not using just taking up space.
Time for another stop and use it up (or throw it away) challenge! :grin:

LaNecia

So Funny! Last night I was reading my hair journal that I started back in February 2005 and found that of everything I started, the bandwagons I've been on (and off of), there's a VERY small handful of products that I still use as well.

It's so wonderful to not feel COMPELLED to grab the latest thing that's mentioned on the forum, Keeping It Consistent works best for me (same is true in the gym).

~LaNecia~

beans4reezy

I'm a newbie, so the pjism thing is hitting me. I will experimenting until my hair finds products it can thrive on..For now WEN is a staple.

betteron2day

I am trying to curb it. I think i want to try one more set of products before i can narrow it down to what will become my staples and i will not change from there. My routine is simple but i just want the best products for my hair.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I have my PJism under control. I still venture out every now and then, but it feels so good to finally have a regimine that works for my hair and doesn't break the budget in the process.

I use yogurt and avocado oil as a deep conditioner
shea Butter as a moisturizer
Eqyss moisturizing shampoo
Joico K-Pak reconstructor when I need a jolt of protein
and Megatek as a growth aid

My frizz is gone, my 3c/4a curls pop more and little to no breakage. I'm happy, but still open to new products.

bluevalentine

i'm not nearly as out of control as i used to be, now that i've FINALLY found my staple products. problem is i keep stumbling on products that i can add to my regimen (like for instance aubrey organics honeysuckle rose i'm so glad i tried that). but other than that i basically know what works for me....i do miss going to the BSS like i used to tho lol

gymfreak336

I am not nearly as bad as I used to be which is good. Lately I have been finding alot of cheaper products that work better than some of my more expensive favorites which is nice.

tenderheaded

I'm in check. Sally's Silk Elements and other products work well and are inexpensive. Now, I have been using Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Con and Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo, but they're so cheap it doesn't count, right:grin::grin:

Brownie518

I'm there with you...I use the same products over and over now.
However, I still have a bunch of stuff that I'm not using just taking up space.
Time for another stop and use it up (or throw it away) challenge! :grin:

:yep: Same here. I have a few products that I use regularly but I still have tons of stuff that is just sitting. And I have given s**tloads away already! :nono: It's a shame but I guess I had to go through that trial and error period to find what really works for me. I definitely see the cumulative benefits of using the same products consistently.