What a difference a comb makes...

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Got my comb from Hairsense's Ebay site (it arrived today). Here's what it looks like:

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-02-24 at 17.39.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-24 at 17.39.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 102

jamaraa

Bone combs make life so much easier. I always recommend them to people who are adverse to combs or considering giving them up. They're great for detangling and keeping your hair detangled while you wash/condition it. It's seriously a must have, IMHO. :yep:

Ebay's the place to get them, the real article. They have different sizes and prices.

Stella B.

Just got my bone comb today from hairsense! I orderedthe detangling rake with seven teeth. It looks oversized, but when I hold it in my hand, its very comfortable. This will be a great detangling comb!!!! I ran it thru the front of my hair just to see what it would do, and after about 8 passes, I didn't see one broken hair!!!!!!!:grin: I haven't used it on my whole head yet, but I'm already loving the thought of it making my life easier on shampoo day!

MizzCoco

I've been eyeing seamless combs for a minute now, just too cheap to take the plunge...well thanks for this thread OP, I just ordered a wide tooth and fine toothed comb from hotCombs.net, I hope I can tell a difference! I always get a few broken hairs in the comb no matter what, but I've been using the cheap walmart knockoff!

darlingdiva

The combs offered at hairsense.com are not true or authentic bone combs. A true bone comb's color will turn to a rich, deep mahogony color when it ages due to the material used.

Colordesignsystems.com used to sell the original bone combs (members here used to buy from them back in the day) until they sold the business to spilo.com.

I bought the 222 back in 2006 from hairsense and was very disappointed when it arrived. Since I already had two bones combs from colordesignsystems, I knew upfront what to expect when the 222 arrived from hairsense. The combs from hairsense are not organic resin as she claims. Her combs are made from a plastic material.

Look closely at your comb. Does it look like the comb pictured on her site? The comb pictured on her site is an authentic bone comb...which she does not sell. I've seen that comb (pictured on her site) in person a few years back at a salon.

Check out the hard rubber, seamless combs at http://www.hotcombs.net

I bought my three Hercules Sagemann combs from this site. Seamless combs really do make a difference. As I've stated before, I'll never go back to those combs from the BSS.

cocoagirl

Ok so let me make sure I understand this before I go placing my order. The Hercules Sägemann combs from hotcombs.net are the REAL deal and NOT the combs from hairsense.com? How about the combs on ebay listed above from Nubone, are those the REAL deal also?

LatterGlory

Please don't use your bone comb in the shower :burning:eek:r on wet hair, because over time the natural material used to make it can swell and cause the comb to crack which can in turn snag and rip your hair out.

Hence I use my bone comb on my dry hair and my Hercules Sägemann in the shower.

My seamless combs made and still makes a huge difference!

MizzCoco

I just used my Hercules Sägemann for my wash and rollerset, and I must say, I felt a huge difference with the rattail. I used to use a very cheap one, and I could always feel my hair getting snagged and pulled, but this rattail was amazing. It got my hair much smoother and I barely lost any hairs from this comb. I should have made this move a long time ago!

msdeevee

I just ordered both the 222 from Hairsense and the Hercules Sagemann from Hotcombs + that satin sleepset :look:

I have been looking at these combs for a long time , this thread pushed me to go ahead and try them.

I have been having a hard time retaining length especially my crispy ends no matter what I do. Hopefully this will help.

Very informative thread.

I'm gonna go bankrupt messing with LHCF :ohwell:

PatTodd

I got the orange comb from hairsense on Ebay and used it when washing my hair today. I enjoyed using it and think it is a great comb, but to tell you the truth, it seemed to be very similar (right down to the scent when wet) to my black Magic Star Jumbo Rake I got years ago from zooscape, and LOVE. So now I have two great combs, and thanks to this thread, I have a source for more Magic Star combs. I think that I will eventually replace all of my plastic combs with hairsense or hotCombs items.

Last edited:

a_shoe_6307

I got my combs last week and they have cut my shedding down by less than half. I mean it was so little that I was shocked. I also was able to detangle my hair faster. This was one of the best purchases I've made this year.

Vashti

Hmmm. I'm not a product junkie but it looks like I may be making a new purchase this week. . . .

simplyhair

Ok so let me make sure I understand this before I go placing my order. The Hercules Sägemann combs from hotcombs.net are the REAL deal and NOT the combs from hairsense.com? How about the combs on ebay listed above from Nubone, are those the REAL deal also?

Yes at the bold above. They are really awesome combs that will last FOREVER. I always drop my Jumbo Rake in the shower and it never breaks, chips, cracks, etc. I originally bought mine back in 2004 and it has never failed me. :grin:

darlingdiva

Yes at the bold above. They are really awesome combs that will last FOREVER. I always drop my Jumbo Rake in the shower and it never breaks, chips, cracks, etc. I originally bought mine back in 2004 and it has never failed me. :grin:

I agree. The Hercules Sagemann combs are awesome. Sometimes I absent-mindedly leave the combs on the radiator & they don't melt. Those cheap combs from the BSS would be gone if I did that.

KrystalClear

Just ordered the MAgic Mini Star Rake from hotCombs. Why did ya'll have to go and order up all the BIG COMBS on me lol!! I have to wait to get a JUMBO comb now.

cocoagirl

Is it ok if I buy this men's clipper comb ? (since it's touted for men) it's the one that most resembles my cheap 3/$1 comb that I currently have, since the only time I comb my hair is if I do a rollerset.

JJamiah

:) I ordered the #222 and another detangling comb, both of mine shipped. One thursday and one friday!

simplyhair

Is it ok if I buy this men's clipper comb ? (since it's touted for men) it's the one that most resembles my cheap 3/$1 comb that I currently have, since the only time I comb my hair is if I do a rollerset.

Umm, I don't know. It's a personal preference. It looks like the clipper comb is for cutting/barber comb.

Is your comb shaped like the clipper comb? Or, are you referring to the space between the teeth. If the clipper comb resembles a comb you already have (ie. the space between the teeth), then go for it.

But if you are going to treat yourself and want a comb with similar spaced teeth as the clipper comb, I say go with their 1975 http://www.hotcombs.net/products/HS1975-Styling-Comb.html OR the 696 http://www.hotcombs.net/products/HS696W-Styling-Comb.html

The 1975 looks like the teeth are wider than the 696.

Last edited: