WHAT ARE FILLER PRODUCTS?

taytay86

I need help understanding the ingredients in our hair products. Sometimes I hear ladies talking about not liking a particular product because it has too much fillers. I'm pretty good and reading labels and staying away from too many cones, mineral oil and petroleum. But what fillers are bad? How much is too much? And can you share examples of products?

TIA

virtuenow

Fillers are just cheap ingredients that have no purpose. They are there to "fill" the product up, or make it thicker.

LunaGorgeous

Usually if you see a product that boasts a particular ingredient for its effectiveness, like olive oil, and even has olive oil as part of its name and you look at the ingredients list and see that olive oil is not part of the first few, but rather at the very bottom of the list scraping the bottom of the bottle....:lol: SO misleading...But yeah, more than likely there are a lot of fillers in the product to thin out the other ingredients.

Pompous Blue

EXAMPLE: Proclaim Natural 7 Argan Oil

HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL ,RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL PHENOXYETHANOL ,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,FRAGRANCE ,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE ,VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL ,SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL ,RED 17

Why not call it Sunflower Seed Oil since it's the 1st ingredient and Argan Oil is next to the last ingredient.

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment

Aqua (Water) (Eau), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride , Polyquaternium-32, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) (Huile Minerale), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Honey (Mel) (Miel), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polyquaternium-10, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch , Isostearyl Ethylimidazolinium Ethosulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

taytay86

Thanks to all those that replied - I was hoping for examples of filler products to stay away from....actual names...