What are you giving up for Lent...

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
Koreanblaq said:
I'm not Catholic or even Christian, but I usually give up something for Lent. It's just a good excuse to try to change or break an unhealthy habit, and I can just say "I gave it up for Lent" to avoid having to make lengthy explanations to people. I like the idea of giving up white bread. That might be too hard though :ohwell: I don't drink alot of soda...I told myself I'd give up AIM (it's like crack to me). Maybe I'll stick with that plan. When does Lent start? This Friday?

today :look:

sengschick

The Bun Master
I still have no clue, b/c I'm not really abusing anything right now. I'm thinking that instead of giving something up I'm going to make an action plan. Maybe clean up & organize a room in my house once a week or something like that. I'm also thinking about working on improving communication w/loved ones. I have so many friends that I just don't make the time to call and I need to do that. So maybe my goal will be to call someone at least twice a month that I don't talk to on the regular. :)

I can't wait to go to church later. It starts @ 12:10!!!!

BeautyOfTruth

I already don't eat meat, and I eat organic foods. I have always loved healthy foods, even when I was little. For this reason, I always have a hard time deciding what to give up for Lent as far as food. I decided that I will not eat anything after 6 PM.

I will also be increasing my prayers, and I will continue to help the needy.

I really enjoyed Mass today. :yep:

jaibee

My mother had the idea of going out of your way and doing something nice for someone every day of Lent. So I may do that. I also may give up potato chips.

Falon

Coffee it's going to be a long 40 days. I hate tea and I drink at least 3 cups a day. I need to give it up anyway.

webby

Think Slim
I have given up "treats". I didn't remember that yesterday started Lent, but was reminded by a coworker. I did really well yesterday, no treats, no junk.

blkmaryland

I have consistently given up red meat and sex for over 10 years but since I am engaged and living with my fiance, giving up sex is out of the question soooo....I stuck with red meat but added junk food, and buying haircare products.

sengschick

The Bun Master
blkmaryland said:
I have consistently given up red meat and sex for over 10 years but since I am engaged and living with my fiance, giving up sex is out of the question soooo....I stuck with red meat but added junk food, and buying haircare products.
:lol: Okaaay! :lol:

No one betta say a word! :look:

sillygurl18

I was just going to give up pork but since I haven't eaten meat since Lent started anyway, I'll just give up meat. I'll also do the master cleanse but not for the whole forty days of course. I think giving up meat will be good for me so the master cleanse won't be too hard on me when I do start.

TaTa19

All junkfood!!!!! I am a sugar addict. :mad: Starburst, airheads, chocolate, skittles, and countless other sweets don't stand a chance in my house. I really need therapy:lol:. I am going to try my hardest to give them up.:crying3::crying3:

BronzedGoddess

How's everyone doing? I'm struggling. Haven't slipped up but the cravings are driving me nuts. I guess I'm a sugar addict. Hope everyone is staying strong.

longhair1

I gave up coffee and espresso a few days into Lent - after not being able to think of anything before Lent, I realized how much I was looking forward to having coffee on the train in the morning for the "lift" - I'm going through some serious s*** with my family right now - and thought it was probably NOT a good thing to be relying on a chemical for a pick-me-up like that. Decided on that without realizing that I have to go to Seattle for my job for 4 days in March - you know, coffee capital of the country, across the country from where I live, and where I've never been before!!! I like to think I would have made the same decision if I'd remembered I had to go there - I'd like to think that.....

MeccaMedinah

All is well, it hasn't been hard. Although, I have been looking forward to picking up a doughnut soon. But sometimes I have thought about giving up sweets for good.

Keen

I slipped the Saturday after ash wednesday so I decided to start over. I haven't slip on food since but I'm also doing daily bible reading. I've slip big time with that one. If I have to start over on that, I'll be reading the bible till the end of the year.

BronzedGoddess

Still doing good, haven't had any choclate or sweets. Less than 2 weeks left, then I'm eating everything in sight (guess that's wrong but ohwell)

MeccaMedinah

I did very well. I am eating some chips & drinking a Pepsi now. But I didn't/don't miss the junk food as much as I thought I would.