What are you mixing together...DC, protein treatments, leave-ins, etc....

SherylsTresses

What are you mixing and why? :rolleyes::dinnertime::twister::shopping:

I am mixing:

• Deep conditioners - Nexxus humectin and KeraCare color-treated cond
    • Humectin has great moisture and KC has always worked for me
  • Leave-ins - Lacio Lacio and NTM w/ slight humectin after protein treatments
    • For the moisture & protein

doll-baby

I use NTM leave in all over my hair and HE LTR mostly on my ends and then I seal either with EVCO or Organics coconut oil serum.

I haven't gotten into mixing my regular conditioners because I like to see what effects they have on my hair individually. :yep:

beans4reezy

When I DC, I mix my Wen Almond Mint with Aphogee 2 step. I get moisture and protien all in one shot. It works well for my hair.

LongHairNWaiting

Hello Ladies,
I mix the following:
Cantu-Shea Butter Leav-In and Lustrasilk (Original)Protien.
Why? The Cantu allows my hair to dry with a soften touch (b/c I wash my hair pretty much every day). The Lustrasilk adds Protien to my mixture, therefore I am getting it "EVERYDAY" and it provides the moisture\protien combination mix that I need on a daily basis.

On 8/14/09 I just added a texturizer to my hair for the first time in my life. My hair is soooo thick as a natural, I just couldn't take it anymore after 2.5months. My goal now is to texturize only 3xs a year.

HTHs

JusticeMe

I love the ORS replenishing Pak, so sometimes I use it alone, but like last night I used half a pak and then applied a mixture of EVOO, Castor oil, Coconut oil, glycerin, honey, and GVP Nexxus Humectress and amla oil. I was soo devastated because the main ingredient I love to use "coconut milk" had molded in the fridge, and it was midnight ...too late to go out and get some more. But I can't really fret my coconut milk lasted about a month opened in the fridge. Just wished I had known it molded before I was ready to use it.

I like coconut oil for anything, I'm still trying to see what affect the castor oil has on my hair, and I love gycerin especially because I'm doing a wet rod set and it's great for that.

Princess Tam Tam

Currently rocking Kinky Twists

Mix for leave-in

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol + Mane n Tail Moisturizer /Texturizer Conditioner

I apply this my hair 3 times a week.

Oh.....

It's my first time using a Mane-n-Tail product.

Barbara

Princess
I use NTM leave in all over my hair and HE LTR mostly on my ends and then I seal either with EVCO or Organics coconut oil serum.

I haven't gotten into mixing my regular conditioners because I like to see what effects they have on my hair individually. :yep:

I agree, but if a conditioner doesn't work well on my hair after a few tries, then I or my stylist will mix it with something else. Once the bad conditioner is gone, I won't replace it.

Beautyangel

-Elucence mb
-Kenra mc
-Avocado, evoo, melted shea butter, honey.
Really feeds my hair!

-Silk Elmts mega cholesterol
-Lekair chol plus or shea chol
-Same oils as above and honey.
Wow! Hairgasm! Great nourishment!

-Ors mayo
-Lekair Chol
-Keracare Humecto
-Aphogee 2 min
-Same oils and honey
This one is a post relaxer treat, but it's so yummy i use it more often.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I used to mix EVOO and peppermint oil in my DCs but now I just use them straight up. I've never mixed products with each other though. I like to see how my hair responds each product by itself. I definitely keep my moisturising DCs and PTs separate.