What Are Your Summer "Hair" Plans

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The Summer Solstice Officially Begins this Sunday! :dance7:
Now is a Good time to "Tweak" Your Hair Regimen for the Summer, to get ready for the long Hot Days & Nights ahead, a Time to Maximize Your Growth Potential and Give Your Hair a Rest.

So: What are Your Summer Hair Plans

Will You Be Doing:
More frequent Co-Washing, Air Drying
No Direct Heat
Upping Your Water Intake
Using "Lighter Weight" Conditioning/Products
Wearing, Buns, Twist-Outs, Roller Sets, Lace Fronts, Braids, Naturals,
Using More Butters, Instead of Oils

How are you Planning to Rock Your Hair during the next few months??

I plan to Phony-Bun for the Next 10-12 Weeks. I picked up several different "styles" so I won't be bored.:look: I will Co-Wash, DC, 1/2 heat dry 1/2 air dry and 1/2 Scarf method, to keep edges down
I will be using a nice light-weight daily moisturizing treatment.

So What will you be doing to move closer to your Goals???

Inquiring Minds Want to Know:yep:

I'm with you T! Bun, bun, bun all summer.

Co-wash 2xs out of the week (if I have time)
Deep condition twice weekly

More, more and more baggying.

I will have to work on my water intake. It wont be so hard being that it will be so HOT here!

Melissa-jane

Hi i was thinking about this; dc with protein and cowashing once per week, steaming with moisture shampoo washing once per week. Air drying bun soaked in chi ilk infusion, rusk smoother and coconut oil. I will flat iron my bangs and sides with chi iron guard and wear the rest of hair in protective styles. I plan to stretch for this summer so another four months and then relax with phytospecific but I may stick to relaxing every twelve weeks, IDK.

Tarae

Doing what I've been doing. Wash & DC 2x/week. Braidouts and twistouts.
I don't plan on relaxing again until the week of August 17th, so that puts me at about a 24 week stretch.

Black Hoya Chick

upping my cowashes and water rinses. bunning 24/7. exercising more and drinking even more water. no heat, it would be pointless. and i am swapping out my olive oil for shea butter. i want optimal growth!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hi i was thinking about this; dc with protein and cowashing once per week, steaming with moisture shampoo washing once per week. Air drying bun soaked in chi ilk infusion, rusk smoother and coconut oil. I will flat iron my bangs and sides with chi iron guard and wear the rest of hair in protective styles. I plan to stretch for this summer so another four months and then relax with phytospecific but I may stick to relaxing every twelve weeks, IDK.

That's pretty much my plan too. To DC, To Bun. To Moisturize and to Stretch my relaxers. To keep heat to a minimum. I won't use any direct heat, but I will steam and possibly use my heat cap.

I plan to Relax no more than 3 Times a Year.:yep: My Next Relaxer should be the Last Week of August.

iNicola

Seems like summer all the time here so I won't be changing too much.:drunk: I'm going to be co-washing and bunning more often.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:hottub:In Addition to My Summer Regimen, I am going to use lighter weight conditioners and daily moisturizing treatments as well as a "Midst" or Water based spray to keep hair well moisturized during those 80, 90, 100 100+ Degree Days.

It will give me a chance to use up some of the Lighter Weight Conditioners and Moisturizers that are a little to light weight for those Cooler Months.

I think alot of the Hair Products now contain SPF's to protect your hair from the Ultra Violet Rays of the Sun.:sunshine:

Junebug D

Experimenting with different styles mostly; I'm tired of twists. :look: I'll be trying some half-wigs, roller sets, braidouts (and learn to cornrow hopefully).

I'll also be introducing co-washing to my regimen and using mostly natural & homemade products.

SelfStyled

My regimen really does not differ too much no matter what the season is.... I do cowash a little bit more when it's hot. As far as styles again the usual, lol. I will definitely keep on protective styling, with, buns, phony ponies, any my curly half wigs. I will be staying away from direct heat.

naturaline

My summer Hair Plans

More frequent Co-Washing, Air Drying

i may do one blow out- dunno yet?

Wearing, Buns, Twist-Outs,Braids, Naturals;-)

didnt think of 'Using More Butters, Instead of Oils'- but i might?

bellesocialite

My regimen will remain the same. I do plan on cutting it into a bob. I've never gotten my hair cut ...but I want to bite the bullet.

Samory07

I'm going to be hiding my hair all summer so I'll be wearing half wigs and braidouts when I don't feel like rollersetting the front of my hair to match the wig. I'll also be doing some indigo rinses because my hair is hennaed it doesn't match my wig color and I cant have that lol :nono:

I'll still be washing my hair once a week and deep conditioning as well. I'm also working hard on finding a steady regimen for my hair. :yep:

chebaby

i will continue to co wash and deep condition on the regular. i will be wearing a wash and go everyday to get the most of my moisture and to retain the most legnth.

Desarae

Washing and DCing 2x a week, no direct heat. Rollersets, braidouts, and buns. Airdrying whenever possible. It's too hot for heat.

msa

I'll be be wearing my wig all summer, washing and conditioning my braids as needed. I'm focusing more on weightloss than hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'll be be wearing my wig all summer, washing and conditioning my braids as needed. I'm focusing more on weightloss than hair.

I need to be focusing on that too.:sekret:

I have been making modifications in that area too. The heat can also be a great deterent to food. And there are so many good fresh fruits and vegetables and a very good time to Up the Smoothies and Protein Drinks for both Hair & Weight.:yep:

Ramya

Protecting styling all summer. My hair hates extreme heat so it will be covered (wigs/weaves/braids) while in cornrows and twists until mid fall. :yep:

gymfreak336

Whats up IDare...

You know I got my hair cut so I will probably maintain the level of inversion as I let it grow out over the summer. More scalp massages, more headbands with the back clipped up. My products will probably stay the same but I might try getting a minty stimulating leave in spray or something.

msa

I need to be focusing on that too.:sekret:

I have been making modifications in that area too. The heat can also be a great deterent to food. And there are so many good fresh fruits and vegetables and a very good time to Up the Smoothies and Protein Drinks for both Hair & Weight.:yep:

Yeah, this weight thing is serious to me. I start grad school in August and I don't want to walk in a fatty. I really don't.

And you're right, eating healthy and exercising are great for hair. As long as I keep my hair in braids and moisturized well, I'm sure I'll retain length.

Denise11

This is a great thread!!

This summer I'm gonna do something I haven't done in a very long time. Protective style.

I'm already getting more growth. Warm weather does that for me. I want to see how much more I can get. Lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Whats up IDare...

You know I got my hair cut so I will probably maintain the level of inversion as I let it grow out over the summer. More scalp massages, more headbands with the back clipped up. My products will probably stay the same but I might try getting a minty stimulating leave in spray or something.

I have had an Inverse Bob. It was Da' Bomb. Before it all Fell Out.:nono:

Something very cool, minty, tingly, refreshing and stimulating sounds really good.:spinning:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This is a great thread!!

This summer I'm gonna do something I haven't done in a very long time. Protective style.

I'm already getting more growth. Warm weather does that for me. I want to see how much more I can get. Lol

It's Great that you have Good Growth in the Summer. Do you use the same products or do you use lighter weight products in the Summer?